bjmulford

Vintage Quattro Ascona Favour to ask, for £ /WYN?!

Hi all, I'm at the point in my collection where I'm tackling my Vintage Quattro and Ascona projects that I've had saved up for years, and blow me down I haven't got a single decent front bumper to go on any of them!! (ive got plenty of scraped/broken etc ones! as I suspect have many of us!)

I'm assuming that nobody has one to sell?

So here is my request:  :o  Is anyone willing to lend me a good condition bumper, (I'll pay for postage and of course return it un-harmed, maybe even contribute a bit of money, or is there anythng you need for your collection I can help with?!) so that I can cast one from yours', Ideally one that still has the lettering/not marked on the underside would be great!

The only other way to do it that I can see is to modify a re-re frog/brat one? but it wouldnt have the correct lettering on the bottom, Thanks all, and hoping someone can really help out! B

hi treasurectionist, thanks for your reply, ive managaed to souce a nos one, so i think i'm good now thanks! all the best Baz

On 10/20/2021 at 10:27 AM, bjmulford said:

Hi all, I'm at the point in my collection where I'm tackling my Vintage Quattro and Ascona projects that I've had saved up for years, and blow me down I haven't got a single decent front bumper to go on any of them!! (ive got plenty of scraped/broken etc ones! as I suspect have many of us!)

I'm assuming that nobody has one to sell?

So here is my request:  :o  Is anyone willing to lend me a good condition bumper, (I'll pay for postage and of course return it un-harmed, maybe even contribute a bit of money, or is there anythng you need for your collection I can help with?!) so that I can cast one from yours', Ideally one that still has the lettering/not marked on the underside would be great!

The only other way to do it that I can see is to modify a re-re frog/brat one? but it wouldnt have the correct lettering on the bottom, Thanks all, and hoping someone can really help out! B

When you say modify one from a frog what do you mean?  Other than the lettering on the bottom how are they different?

IMG_9241.JPG.ae14b9333719e75b99631e2405474f5a.JPG Hi Exit, The original is on the left, its arms are shorter and there is less strengthening webbing on it as well as the lettering is different. The one on the right is a re-re one, ta B

On 10/28/2021 at 3:35 AM, bjmulford said:

IMG_9241.JPG.ae14b9333719e75b99631e2405474f5a.JPG Hi Exit, The original is on the left, its arms are shorter and there is less strengthening webbing on it as well as the lettering is different. The one on the right is a re-re one, ta B

Yeah. I see the difference now and I do have an Audi Quattro Rally front bumper but I’m still running a grasshopper bump without any issues 

v7pDuao.jpg

maybe I’ll change it out so I don’t look so foolish 

no no, perhaps i should lay off of counting rivets!!! (insert laugh emoji here!), mighty impressed that you are still running a beast like this Exit, im afraid all of my vintage ones are consigned to the inside of a box now, if we wanna run something in the garden we get the kids' re-releases out and use those. I'm always a bit scared of breaking the vintage ones cause of trying to find parts! which is a real shame cause thats not what they were intended for! all the best, B