Sign in to follow this  
alvinlwh

ESC good enough for TZ?

Just a quick question, is this ESC good enough for a TZ? My guess is no but will like some confirmation. 

1020542319-350381023.jpg.4a38c96dd3a006ada0d34948f6a88566.jpg

Any reason why you dont want to use the HW1060?

I have used that with my TZ without issue. I did have something go haywire once but it was my TZ comm getting dirty that turned out to be the culprit. 

Maybe compare those specs to the HW1060 given we know the 1060 can handle it. 

3 hours ago, DPR250R said:

Any reason why you dont want to use the HW1060?

Cost being one reason. I am using the Autospot20 with the TZ right now and also got this one that I ordered together with the above which can work with a TZ but is too tall under the driver of a Thunder Dragon. 

Another reason is the 1060 I have is in use in another car with modified motor connection that will only work there and I don't want to redo the connections to rip it out to use elsewhere. 

Another reason is this has easy to use slide switches instead of jumpers for drive and battery mode which I like. 

Another reason is wanting to try something different. 

858322476-1004868858.jpg.0a4053a5dc14e806ee3d491875b62651.jpg

I have a couple of ESC on hand, I am asking just because I am wondering this one will work or not.

There is one more reason about BEC but is too complicated to go into here as I already got the answer I need, it will not work. 

53 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Alvin, that ESC is for 270/380 motors. Get the 1060.

Thanks, I though so. I tested it in preparation for my Holiday Buggy (380) but unfortunately the BEC is too weak for the lights and there are 4 on the HB so it became surplus, which is what I was asking, hoping I can use it in the TD instead. 

I use the modelsport xt-12 or xt-20 esc ahead of the 1060, has a low profile and nicer switch for the rere's

11 hours ago, taffer said:

I use the modelsport xt-12 or xt-20 esc ahead of the 1060, has a low profile and nicer switch for the rere's

Are they not just re-badged Mtroniks? I had some bad experience with Mtroniks and are wary of them now unfortunately. 

In fact as I stated above, I have a Mtroniks Autospot20 in the car right now but will replace it if I find something suitable. It just feels "strange" that there is delay brakes on forward and drag brakes on reverse. Much prefer it the other way round. 

Agree about the switch though, really annoys me with the tiny 1060 (and clone) switches and short wires. 

Yes it is, it would seem.....however I've only had a switch break once (which was repaired under warranty) in all the years I've been using them...

24 minutes ago, taffer said:

Yes it is, it would seem.....however I've only had a switch break once (which was repaired under warranty) in all the years I've been using them...

BTW, forgot to say, the Autospot20 in the car right now is from a fellow forum member. The one mentioned without brakes in the thread above was returned by Mtroniks saying that all is "fine" and now being used in a 370 silver car SW-01 where the lack of brakes is unlikely to blow the gearbox. Will not risk it with a TZ. 

I've had mtroniks before, neither impressed or put off by them, seem a bit pricey these days......I just stick to 1060 or xt-20 series, prefer the xt 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taffer said:

I've had mtroniks before, neither impressed or put off by them, seem a bit pricey these days......I just stick to 1060 or xt-20 series, prefer the xt 

I know everyone say 1060 but I am the kind that like to experiment and have some variety type, if you know what I mean. 

• Like 1