Sign in to follow this  
Crazy L

Big Brute roll bar spotlights

So, as I've mentioned before, I have a Big Brute, and as I found while giving it the beans, it tends to fall over.  The downside to this is that the spotlights on the roll bar can take a knock and worst case scenario, break.  Fear not though.  I have taken the time to learn some cad skills and have done a model of the spotlight and am trialling out some 3D prints with a printer I'm learning to use.  They will be close replicas of the Kyosho parts, well, as close to close as I could get with my limited skills anyway.

I'm currently trying out black ABS and seeing which way round prints best.  I'll post up some photos as soon as I have a set of 4 worthy of being photographed.

My next question is:  Is there anyone out there who would fancy a set?  I'm about to change careers at 45 and a few quid here and there would help me out.

I've also designed and printed a pair of reinforced driveshafts that are proving resilient in testing.  I'm on version 5 by the way.  If anyone might be interested in those also, let me know and I'll post up how the testing is looking.  I am running them in black currently, but actually wouldn't mind a pair in red, if only to match the shock towers.

Failing that, I'd just be pleased that I've made replacement parts instead of buying them (if I could find them) and showing you guys what I've made.  Stay safe out there.

• Like 2

Some photos coming your way this weekend.  I'm actually experimenting with making lenses too now.  

Evening all

Right, all done.  No lenses as yet because printing clear ABS is still beyond my ability, so lexan ones will be placed in there.  So for now, I've painted the recesses in silver before lenses go on.  I've smoothed them with a fine emery block as I've not used acetone to do that yet.  A bit dodge on the underside too, but no one looks there so it won't be noticed.  Might try them in white next, when I get some white ABS.

Let me know what you think.

20211025_151922.jpg

20211025_151931.jpg

20211025_151945.jpg

• Like 1

Also, please bear in mind that I drew these lights from scratch.  Without much in the way of software knowledge, so I am pretty pleased with myself.  They are a not a shapeways thing.  I based them on the OE Kyosho parts.

• Like 1