Collin

Tamiya Prototype based on Dyna Storm & Dyna Blaster

Guys, not much to talk about (yet)...  Anyone know what is is going to be? :ph34r:

trf212G_001.jpg

• Like 4

Possibly a very attractive Dyna Storm build, and then WHAM! a TR-15T shell on top :P

Tub chassis is Dyna Blaster, shortened wheelbase with this custom rear chassis plate. Suspension arms are copies of Tamiya prototype nylon arms made for TRF team drivers.

The shell, you would not guess what it will be : )

trf212G_002.jpg

This nice company is my weekend fun. On the right its a Dyna made of new parts, on the left its a runner made of 2nd choice parts (little scratched but totally fine). Center is the current prototype replica. Still no one knows where it goes to ???

And now its time for Moto GP.

Grazie Vale!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Collin said:

You really want it to be a truck, huh?

:lol:

Well, would anyone else have guessed?! :P It would have been a hot take on the Dyna Blaster, too!

However, I have zero complaints about the actual shell :wub:

Hi there...
made some progress on this prototype replica.

trf212G_003.jpg

Now its on its own feed, growing up so quick this little fella :wub:

Now its a question of taste which damper will be applicated. Left is Kyosho, the other two does not need to be introduced. Its very narrow at the front shock tower, so probably I am goint to use the slim Kyosho ones. But Hi Caps are also so nice.
About the Sleeved ones, I have too much Dynas with blue dampers. Some differences would be nice though.

So whats your opinion guys?

• Like 6

Mmh, I personally am a fan of the sleeved damper, but if you had build enough of them, go for the HiCaps with other O-rings :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, wtcc5 said:

Mmh, I personally am a fan of the sleeved damper, but if you had build enough of them, go for the HiCaps with other O-rings :rolleyes:

Which O-Rings you suggest?

Ah okay. Once I used black o-rings, that was bad. I am fine with red ones, as long they dont leak : ) Shure it can be better but its not bad.

:ph34r: Throwing 4 pcg TRF o rings into the Tamico basket, huuuuschhh....

• Like 2

Put the Kyosho at the front, need to wait for longer shafts for the rear ones, obviously.

Now I was setting the front damper and the car do not bottom out. This specific shock tower is very short compared to Dyna Storm.

Well, I can set the front shocks up that they do their job but I was a bit curious to not have it able to bottom out. I dont care too much at the front but at the rear its a must.

Can you guys tell me about other buggies you know, are there any who dont bottom out at the front? would be very interesting to know. Thanks in advance.

Edit 1:

Guys, please tell me this front shocks looks like short version of sleeved dampers, right? dams interesting, never mentioned it bevor...
img22258_23122007123943_2_1100_.jpg

@Juls1 @TRF-Alex Do you read me?

Edit 2: Johnny Pedersen confirmed, they are short sleeved dampers. So cool doing RC archeology.

Chassis is finished. Made the kyosho dampfer fit and I like the look very much. The blue of the sleeved dampers just does not fit the pink of the MIP mat.

trf212G_004.jpg

trf212G_005.jpg

And this is the shell which is the cown on its head, a TRF211x replica shell. I was so glad to get one of them.

trf212G_006.jpg

• Like 3

Sweet !    Where did the replica 211X shell come from ?

It looks like it could also fit over an Astute and maybe even fit over the Astute undercowel ... so very interesting !

Some pieces where made for a replica and this is one of them. Sadly the mould did not survive very long, it was broken aftera handfull. -_-

15 hours ago, Collin said:

Some pieces where made for a replica and this is one of them. Sadly the mould did not survive very long, it was broken aftera handfull. -_-

image.thumb.png.9e81d2a42e52419d502ce80a17500837.png

Is this shell made from an original Tamiya?
Why Tamiya didn't continue to produce it?

Max

1 hour ago, kontemax said:

image.thumb.png.9e81d2a42e52419d502ce80a17500837.png

Is this shell made from an original Tamiya?
Why Tamiya didn't continue to produce it?

Max

I guess because Tamiya came with the Dyna Storm after this. The mold was taken from an original, yes. Beside it was made from PET and not Lexan, so it will be the shelf cover. For the track i will use anything else what will fit.

I always thought the TRF 211X shell looked similar to the Sand Viper shell.  That might be an option for the track.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Thommo said:

I always thought the TRF 211X shell looked similar to the Sand Viper shell.  That might be an option for the track.....

That looks interesting. I think I will have a closer look on it.