Collin

Tamiya Prototype based on Dyna Storm & Dyna Blaster

On 11/7/2021 at 5:58 PM, wtcc5 said:

42214 or the transparent ones of 53574

Got one set of those blue rubber seals. They are X-rings, no O-rings, right?

Now this makes totaly senese to swap them instead of red o-rings. Top Tip!

• Like 1

Today I installed the electronics on my tub chassis prototype.

@BuggyGuy Now its KO time : )

I used a refurbished Corally 12x2, a Kopropo Twister Hara 2.2, Spektrum TX and a noname Servoas a placeholder until I found something nice. Tuday it was really great fun and mo messing around. Even the original wires fittet as they where, just shortened them a tiny bit for +/- plugs. Its incredbile how the Corally revs up, it really wants fast forward.

When I built this buggy first, I thought, okay, a piece of rc history. Now I am so much into it and so excited how this beauty will performe. This will bbe my vintage summer season. Having two rare TRF prototypes as a replica runner is so .... cant find any words. :wub:

trf212G_007.jpg

trf212G_008.jpg

trf212G_009.jpg

trf212G_010.jpg

• Like 11

This are replicas of the prototype motoplate made out of a aluminum block, not even sheet. Thanks to all people supporting me with original parts, photos, measures, machining etc... :wub:

trf212G_012.jpg

trf212G_013.jpg

• Like 6

Motoplates are done and MDC got a 90s periode modification. The case was cutted to reduce rotating mass, but it got some extrra mass at the inner spring seat. It is called "cooling fin" and you can find it at the TRF211x for its first and last time. Another Tamiya item which never made it to commercial models.

trf212G_014.jpg

trf212G_015.jpg

trf212G_016.jpg

• Like 6

Hey, lets get dressed : )

trf212G_017.jpg

trf212G_018.jpg

trf212G_019.jpg

Looks sporty to me, its a Losi se pro shell from penguin UK. Not the one from the TRF wagon, but it fits like a charme and looks like ; )

Paint job next. Which style? No idear jet ...

• Like 6

On 4/14/2022 at 1:24 AM, Collin said:

Paint job next. Which style? No idear jet ...

Somehow I had to think of classic Lotus cars looking at that sleek Losi body. So how about a JPS or Golden Leaf design (if you are not anti tobacco :P)?

• Haha 1

JPS was always a top design for me but I am not shure if I want to use a known design. Somehow I want to do some masking and speed blocks, bright colours too.
Still thinking... :)

• Like 1

Doublepack : ) Early and late version of TRF211x. Both replicas. I am so curious how they will work on the track.

trf212G_020.jpg

trf212G_021.jpg

Soon my collection is complete... only a 411x is missing now. :wub:

• Like 5

Hi Collin,

Any chance for us you share the 3d printing parts on shapeway … and carbon cad files …

i’d love to build the TRF 212 and see how it handles compared to RC10 and other schumacher at vintage races.

the car geometry is not very far from a RC10 with theese wider front and rear ends

this car is atypical and should works fine on high grip smooth tracks 👌

i already have a dynablaster donor chassis and plan to use losi shocks and JRX Pro SE body that seems to fit perfectly…

Let us know if you are ok to share your work 😉.

br

Nath

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys and sorry for late reply.

Its not possible to ask for a replica. I am glad to help out with parts for restauration objects, any of those 211 wo where runners back in the days or incomlete kits. It took me a while to draw a certail line.

With my own re-designed parts and any other problems around Dynas I always have a open ear.

Thanks for understanding.

• Thanks 1

Go with the flow : ) Every day a new model... its awsome in the moment. Today I finished this prototype (TRF211X MK2) for a friend. First I made a replica based on Dany Vegas 90s racer, which is very much modified in compare with the version Tamiya delivered to their drivers.

This here is how I think Tamiya let them go to their team drivers. Shure front damper are only place holder for the mini sleeved which are already at my friends place. Will cut the shell together with a vew other ones this weekend. This pearl should have been finished a year ago but it took a while to get this nice POM suspension arms made as I expected them, precious : )

212G_Tam_001.jpg

212G_Tam_002.jpg

212G_Tam_003.jpg

212G_Tam_004.jpg

• Like 4

Thank you. Its sad that Tamiya did not played out their potential as it has could been. I like the tub chassis idear very much.