alvinlwh

Anyone bother with these warning stickers?

Just some light non serious  discussions for the weekend, reading through the instructions for my Holiday Buggy and this gave me a thought. Anyone actually bother to put such warning stickers on? And possibly spoil the look of a tuned motor? 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, nel33 said:

only the on/off button. nothing else.

I don't even bother with those a lot of times. I always orient the on/off switch so "on" is towards the rear of the car (less chance of it getting bumped "off" if it hits something), so the sticker is redundant.

The DT-03 switch is right above the motor, so yeah I put it the caution sticker on the motor.  Although, I usually just fumble blindly any and don't see the sticker... :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Just some light non serious  discussions for the weekend, reading through the instructions for my Holiday Buggy and this gave me a thought. Anyone actually bother to put such warning stickers on? And possibly spoil the look of a tuned motor? 

spacer.png

That particular sticker looks like it goes on the plastic part that is surrounding the motor, not on the motor itself, so technically it's not affecting the look of the motor.

I tend to like these stickers. It makes the buggies look more 'serious' and less like toys.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, markbt73 said:

I don't even bother with those a lot of times. I always orient the on/off switch so "on" is towards the rear of the car (less chance of it getting bumped "off" if it hits something), so the sticker is redundant.

Same here. I always prefer cars with switches to the rear, 90 degrees to the direction of travel. 

4 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

That particular sticker looks like it goes on the plastic part that is surrounding the motor, not on the motor itself, so technically it's not affecting the look of the motor.

You might be right. I was just reading the instructions in preparation for building. However, IIRC, the sticker does goes onto the Lunchbox, and also the TT01 motor itself. 

1 hour ago, markbt73 said:

personally i like to remember how i need to put the switch.  any caution stickers arent really useful to me as i know that some things need caution. i do try to orient the switch in certain ways but sometimes given locations dont allow for the sticker to fit.

2 hours ago, Juggular said:

I like them.  They remind me of stuff on jets. 

W9ueVLZ.jpg

I knew I liked them for some reason! The labels are also useful for when my cars get passed onto rookie drivers who may not be otherwise informed of the risks...

• Like 2

I salvaged a couple 380 motors out of a busted RC boat, and they each have warning stickers like that. I initially left the stickers on because I thought it was funny, and they don't have any other stickers anyway, but after driving the Brat around a bit with one of those motors installed, I think I'll leave them on to remind myself... that motor got super Hot!

• Like 1

More relevant from the days of msc with heat sink & risk of burns. I like the warnings, Heavy Dump has ‘warning: moving parts’ on the servo :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, J@mes said:

More relevant from the days of msc with heat sink & risk of burns. I like the warnings, Heavy Dump has ‘warning: moving parts’ on the servo :lol:

My Thunder Dragon also have the same warning for the prop shaft, which I don't really see the point of as it is in a hidden location, unless one does not install the driver. 

6 hours ago, El Gecko said:

I salvaged a couple 380 motors out of a busted RC boat, and they each have warning stickers like that. I initially left the stickers on because I thought it was funny, and they don't have any other stickers anyway, but after driving the Brat around a bit with one of those motors installed, I think I'll leave them on to remind myself... that motor got super Hot!

I had burnt myself too, on a Torque Tuned buried halfway inside a M-05 chassis, with the body shell on, so unlikely such stickers will help. 😁

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Juggular said:

I like them.  They remind me of stuff on jets. 

W9ueVLZ.jpg

Helicopters too "Beware rotor blades". When you are close enough to see the warning, you are close enough to have your head taken off by the said rotor.

Or the jet intake/blast on jets, close enough to read it, close enough to be sucked/blasted. 

• Haha 2

An advisory along the lines of "If you can read this, you're too close." ;)

Useful for ground and maintenance personnel, though! I think of the "No Step" decals you see on the same fighter jets...

• Haha 1

Funny this was mentioned.   Always used to think they were a bit toyish but recently I've been using them on box art stock rereleases that I build.  I don't use them on anything I modify or build custom, but I think on stock vehicles they are a nice little touch.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grastens said:

I think of the "No Step" decals you see on the same fighter jets...

Those decals are a PITA to put onto aircrafts, scale model ones I mean! 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

Those decals are a PITA to put onto aircrafts, scale model ones I mean! 😉

But worth it, because you really shouldn't be stepping on those :P

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Grastens said:

But worth it, because you really shouldn't be stepping on those :P

It is painful I tell you. Don't ask me how I know. 

I remember when I got my first Tamiye, TR-15T nitro truck in the year it was releasen. It fünf lt so much like a serious thing with this warning stickers for the exhaust, flywheel and fuel tank.

Yes they are really a detail I still like very much.

I think if you are going total box art you almost have to put them on . I put them on my Dual rider trike and I think I might have them on my Kumamon .

Because they have whimsical kid appealing styling I feel safety warning add something .