Busdriver

Wheel diameter

What part of the wheel is measured to give its diameter. Pictures would help. What size are standard touring car wheels? Would CC01 tyres fit say Lancia Delta’s wheels?

This a pet annoyance of mine as its not often detailed.

ALL wheels (rims) diameters will be be measured from their outer, as there is no point on measuring anything else.

Tyres should again ALL be measured from the internal diameter where it mounts to the rim.

Typically, 1:10 touring rims are around 41mm from memory and width is usually 26mm.

Some, Tamiya 'narrow' for instance, are 24mm in width (skinny looking and is usually what comes with stock TT-01/2 kits I've seen)

Not sure on the M-Chassis diameters as dont have those.

I think the CC01 would likely be 1.9" or closer to 48/9mm diameter and probably closer to 30mm width ? so wouldnt fit your standard touring/drift tyres. You could possibly try some of the racing truck rims that come with certain TT-01 kits if you like that look of rim.

IF the site/store doesn't list, then for Tamiya occasionally searching Tamiya Base or Tamiya main website can often return the specs.

As an example on RC Jaz

Tamiya made On Road Racing Truck Wheels White 4 Pcs. (54964) 1/10 On-Road Wheels / Tyres

These are white versions of the dedicated-on-road racing truck wheels which have previously been released as plated and black plastic parts. Use them as they are, or paint them in a color that matches your Semi-Racing-Truck livery!

• On Road Racing Truck Front Wheels x2
• On Road Racing Truck Rear Wheels x2
• Wheel width/diameter is 25mm/42mm front and rear.
• Wheels are molded in white ABS plastic. Rims feature depictions of bolts.
• Compatible with TT-01, TT-01 Type-E and TT-02 chassis models.
• Use with Item 51589 On Road Racing Truck Tires (2pcs.). 

Tamiya made On Road Racing Truck Tires 2pcs TT-01 Type-E/TT-02 (51589) 1/10 On-Road Wheels / Tyres

These are the spare tires that come with the Team Hahn Racing MAN TGS semi-truck.

Tires x2
Diameter: 70mm (outer), 40mm (inner)
Width: 28mm
High sidewalls give a realistic look, and also provide gentler handling, making them a great choice for less experienced drivers.
Compatible with on road racing truck models on TT-01 Type-E or TT-02 chassis.
Use with Item 51588 wheels only.

Sorry I dont have a current set handy to give photos.

Should also mention, obviously, unless you are after a specific rim/tyre look, technically any 12mm hex wheel can be used, provided you don't end up with body rub or suspension travel issues.

The racing truck wheels are m-chassis diameter so not a good example.

Touring wheels are 1.9", which is why crawlers started to use the same, although most non-Tamiya crawler wheels have gone to bigger offsets and widths.

To answer the original question, cc-01 tyres would fit the lancia wheels.

2 minutes ago, sosidge said:

The racing truck wheels are m-chassis diameter so not a good example.

Touring wheels are 1.9", which is why crawlers started to use the same, although most non-Tamiya crawler wheels have gone to bigger offsets and widths.

To answer the original question, cc-01 tyres would fit the lancia wheels.

Ah my bad. But the measuring of inner diameter is what @Busdriver is after. 

@Busdriver disregard my examples, but how they are measured remains the same.

Wheel/Rim always "outer" diameter, there isn't an inner for them (as such)

Tyre you always want the "inner" diameter to match the wheel/rim. Just be sure to check the width.

Thanks for all the replies. I normally would have just measured wheels and rims a tried them out but haven’t got any touring car wheels to try with.

*edit* silly me just realised I have a set of touring car rims on my tt02-s . Tried them and yeah CC01 tyres fit!!!

Edited by Busdriver

@BusdriverHa! I am not the only one! Asked the a very similar question not long ago and still came away none the wiser. Ended up going to Stevenage to buy them in person, if you remember. 😉

1 hour ago, Ryz82 said:

This a pet annoyance of mine as its not often detailed.

Yes, that is how I ended up with this mess. They often list it for a car/chassis, but unless you have that car, you will not know the details. 

3 hours ago, Ryz82 said:

Typically, 1:10 touring rims are around 41mm from memory and width is usually 26mm.

Some, Tamiya 'narrow' for instance, are 24mm in width (skinny looking and is usually what comes with stock TT-01/2 kits I've seen)

Actually 26mm is the old touring car standard. Today's racing tires for example are all 24mm.

13 hours ago, Ryz82 said:

ALL wheels (rims) diameters will be be measured from their outer, as there is no point on measuring anything else.

Shouldn't they be measured from the tyre mounting surface? This isn't usually the same as the outer diameter. For example I just measured some 1.9 inch touring rims and they are 2.0 inches in outer diameter, but 1.9 across the tyre mounting surface.