superchief

My axle steering solution for the CC-02

I wanted to design an axle-mounted steering rig for the CC-02 to eliminate the more inefficient chassis-mounted steering, but standard servos are too large for these axles. I figured a mini servo (larger than micro, sub-micro, but smaller than standard) would work best. I grabbed a Savox SW-1250MG which puts out 111.1 oz-in torque at 7.4v which should be good for even 1.55" steel beadlocks.

I created a mockup of the axle and servo in Solidworks, giving myself only the important dimensions. My plan was to design ears that bolt onto the upper link mounts as shown in the screenshot. By the time I got my 3D printer going again, it was time to begin prototyping. The current version is printed in NylonX, a super strong, super stiff material developed by MatterHackers which uses a blend of nylon and carbon fibers. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I haven't taken it on the trail yet, but I will be reporting on the performance once I do. I'm sure this will work well

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I need something exactly like this! 4 Link and CMS.... WHAT was Tamiya thinking!!??