charlo

lunchbox brushless recommandation

Cant say I would be keen on a combined motor and esc. I far prefer a separate esc. And tbh you can get brushless alot cheaper than that imo. Something like a turnigy trackstar esc and motor would be a good starting brushless system, never had issues with anything turnigy personally. I am sure someone will be along to advise better.

James.

• Like 1

First off, yes brushless in general will give you lots more top speed AND runtime (at the same time, which is basically like magic!). Of course you need to select the right components.

I was very skeptical of the 2-in-1 set-ups but then I ended up owning a few of them when I purchased some RTR cars. They have been very convenient and (so far) reliable. However, I don't seek them out or buy them on my own. There's not really enough benefit in my opinion in combining the ESC and motor. I prefer being able to troubleshoot each component separately.

You can get a cheaper ESC motor combo which will be reliable and perform well, including the trackstar set-up @InsaneJim69  mentioned.

Keep an eye out on Facebook Market place listings, RC selling pages ,eBay etc, you can pick up some bargains. 

I'm running a 9t Skyrc Leopard v2 system in mine , i picked up or £15 😀