alvinlwh

A holiday Holiday Buggy

On 11/11/2021 at 2:50 AM, alvinlwh said:

You think his color is OK? I was worried that the sepia wash will give him a too suntanned look. Post nuclear wastelander? Sorry, playing a bit of Fallout 4 lately. 

I am thinking of putting some blood on that wound on his face, kind of like the stitches had let go and it is weeping again. Maybe... 

The yellow wheels are stock, I am in the  process of getting aftermarket wheels and tyres for it, and while it is not hard finding yellow wheels, finding tyres that will fit is, due to most sellers not listing their dimensions. Not keen on painting wheels as I know they will get chips in no time at all. 

Make sure you give him a tetanus shot! 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

And the closeups. 

Unlikely to take these wheels out for a real run. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not sure if it is really powered by Ford, this one is powered by Tamiya. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Like it. Got my first driver figure to paint next week.

What's that on drive's left cheek? 

1 minute ago, BuggyDad said:

Like it. Got my first driver figure to paint next week.

What's that on drive's left cheek? 

A souvenir from a bar fight.

5 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

Make sure you give him a tetanus shot! 

These days, it will be a Covid booster shot!

2 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

A souvenir from a bar fight.

I've heard they can be angry, slugs. 

😜

Just kidding - if mine's even half as good I'll put it down as a success! 

So... This was built as a beach runner, but with these weather, the beaches will be a no go for a while. 

spacer.png

Woke up to this and immediately ran out to get the HB out. 

spacer.png

Not the most appropriate car or dressing by "Bar Fight" Joe for this conditions. 

spacer.png

But it gave me a chance to check it the electronics are indeed waterproof. 

spacer.png

Now drying them out, will know later. 

So the electronics are indeed water, and snow proof. Some bling bling bits had arrived and I had also changed the front to hex fittings using M-05Ra parts, changed over to turnbuckles and replaced the step screws with SS shafts. Also I am replacing kit screws with SS screws as I go along. Also added some blood to "Bar Fighter" Joe's face and he is now better equipped for another bar fight. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The front wheels are not right in width and I will need to order slimmer ones or just slap some wider 4WD fronts on. The axle position had somewhat changed, but the handling seems to be unaffected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

So the electronics are indeed water, and snow proof. Some bling bling bits had arrived and I had also changed the front to hex fittings using M-05Ra parts, changed over to turnbuckles and replaced the step screws with SS shafts. Also I am replacing kit screws with SS screws as I go along. Also added some blood to "Bar Fighter" Joe's face and he is now better equipped for another bar fight. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The front wheels are not right in width and I will need to order slimmer ones or just slap some wider 4WD fronts on. The axle position had somewhat changed, but the handling seems to be unaffected. 

Nice! Is Joe planning to pull the bar down with that ironmongery on the front? Has he thought about getting some help with his anger management? 

3 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Nice! Is Joe planning to pull the bar down with that ironmongery on the front? Has he thought about getting some help with his anger management? 

That "HOONIGAN" on the front is not for show only. :)

"HOONIGAN: A person who operates a motor vehicle in an aggressive and unorthodox manner"

10 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

That "HOONIGAN" on the front is not for show only. :)

"HOONIGAN: A person who operates a motor vehicle in an aggressive and unorthodox manner"

Got it. It's a Health and Safety sign. Wise indeed. 

I may follow suit. I'm sure I have some "fragile roof" signs knocking about. 

Haha, looking good @alvinlwh, the blood and machine gun are a really nice touch. Is Joe an alter ego?;):lol:

2 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Haha, looking good @alvinlwh, the blood and machine gun are a really nice touch. Is Joe an alter ego?;):lol:

No quite, I drive a Mondeo with 2 child seats in the back...-_-

• Haha 1

Further replacement of pin screws that rust easily, this time the lower screw for the front suspension. Shafts are not suitable for this location and 54396 must be used. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

A little, and probably final, upgrade to the Holiday Buggy. Metal universals. Probably not needed with a little 380, but looking at the amount of space I get back there, I may put a 550 with 3S HV in sometime in the future to truly turn this into a monster. 

Annoyingly, I need to get another hop up part to use a hop up part. Typical Tamiya. At least they are cheap from PJ. 

spacer.png

The universals done up and one side dogbone removed. 

spacer.png

One side installed. Since this is  meant to be a beach runner, they are completely dry with no AW grease whatsoever. 

spacer.png

Both sides done. 

spacer.png