CMMX34

Super Avante motor/ esc combo

I've pre-ordereded a Super Avante and need a brushless motor and ESC combo. The model will be a shelf queen for the most part, but I want it to have decent performance for an occasional run. I was told that 2-pole motors are best for Tamiyas, but there seem to be few available. I've been looking at an Onyx 3000kv combo for a modest price that seems suitable. Would this be a good choice?

1 hour ago, CMMX34 said:

I've pre-ordereded a Super Avante and need a brushless motor and ESC combo. The model will be a shelf queen for the most part, but I want it to have decent performance for an occasional run. I was told that 2-pole motors are best for Tamiyas, but there seem to be few available. I've been looking at an Onyx 3000kv combo for a modest price that seems suitable. Would this be a good choice?

According to some builds done already i would be more worried about if the brushless motor you choose will even fit. Apparently it can be an issue with the soldered tabs. 

Yes, I heard that, too. Tamiya motors have the wires exiting the rear of the motor can. I don't want a brushed motor in a nice car like this, though. I how there's a good alternative.

I’m going with a simple 13.5t bluebottle sensored motor to start with. Tabs are on the side. Also have a 10.5t but we’ll se how we go with the 13.5 first. I assume the TD2 is also motorless?

Bluebottle motor is a sort of generic term for the e bay blue bodied sensored motors . Nothing special but do the job. I thought the issue was having tabs on the back. If they are on their side at least you can rotate the motor to find the best access to them?

Thanks. Actually, I understand the problem involves side tabs versus Tamiya's motors with wires out the back - which apparently fit better.

I'll take a look at those blue bottle motors.

• Thanks 1