All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. hanzo

WR-02CB straight steering

I'll give the 4mm a shot (Tamiya 54573 0.75mm Wheel Spacer) and report back later. It will work out cheaper than purchasing the 10mm hexes (Tamiya 5461) and the Tamiya 50808 TG10 Long Axles (good tip BTW!). The manual did state toe-out but it looked toe out to me after I assembled everything. Will definitely change to toe-in this weekend and take the car for a run. Come to think of it - I did install the Tamiya 50473 - Hi-Torque Servo Saver and the length was slightly shorter than the once included in the kit. Maybe the stock tie-rod lengths of 35mm needed to be adjusted because of this. Yes, the hub carriers have 8 degrees of caster and are installed correctly - they lean forward slightly (will double check - but the way it was designed it was hard to install incorrectly).
  3. Thommo

New site design just went live!

Following with interest... I'm renewing this year and I want to edit a couple of my entries with all updated pics (including the thumbnail). The old thumbnail remains when I did this last.
  4. Today
  5. I think it’s awesome getting your children involved. With so many other distractions for children today that’s an impressive feat to accomplish. When I first started that’s all I could think of was getting out of school and hitting the off road. I must have been one of the lucky ones but I use to jump my falcon pretty high and never broke anything. Still one of the coolest looking buggy’s in my opinion.. Tamiya did a fabulous job incorporating the look of the animal into the body design.. I.E the Frog and Falcon looks just like the animal it was named after lol good on you
  6. TurnipJF

So, What Have You Done Today?

This works rather well for the second servo: http://www.modelshopleeds.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=11373
  7. Has anyone got the Tamiya Bruiser Mountain rider installed with the G.T power stimulated light and sound system? https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000746546&I=LXJURN&P=K https://www.banggood.com/G_T_Power-Simulated-Sounds-System-Reality-Sound-Siren-Led-Cornering-Lamp-RC-Car-Spare-Part-p-1086800.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN If so is it a hard install?
  8. Busdriver

I was thinking about a separate mixer. In the boat world there are loads of electronic gadgets that mix rudder to motor for multi engine applications, such as action electronics. Anyway I've got plenty of time to work it all out
  9. Yesterday
  10. markbt73

Tamiya 57409 - Lunch Box Mini (SW-01)

I do believe you've just nicknamed this model for all eternity...
  11. waterbok

Tamiya 57409 - Lunch Box Mini (SW-01)

Wow 240? So that's approx 120 for the 4 added portal axles. Darn.
  12. markbt73

WR-02CB straight steering

The manual says toe-out? Really? That's weird... toe-out on the front wheels of a short RWD vehicle will definitely be twitchy and unstable. Before you start swapping parts around, try adjusting it to about 2 degrees of toe-in in the front, and see where that gets you. Also, those hub carriers... Is that 8 degrees of caster? That should help stability, as long as you have them installed in the right direction... negative caster is always a no-no.
  13. bjorklo

THE INCREDIBLE TA-01

After building the yellow TA-01 and the orange Terra Conqueror i really wanted to build a green version since I had the green chassis tub. I bought additional green suspension arms and ball connectors. The hardest part was to find the green gearbox cases. That said it was not that hard, since there is allways a kind Tamiyaclub member that are willing to help you. Daniel9olo was willing to sell his set of green gearbox cases to me, and thanks again for that. Once i got all the green parts togheter i noticed that fluorescens green can be diffenrent. So what to do what to do? I decided to try to dye the light parts with my neo green dye. Of course i tried just on one and one part, just in case it wouldn’t be any good. It’s the two ball connectors in the middle i tried to dye. as these two gave yet another 2 variations of green I have decided not to dye the parts, and just assemble the parts as is. The chassis tub had some black stuff on it, so I had to remove it. I used a knife and the i dawned to me, that i should try the tamiya paint remover and that made the job so much easier. I have bought a donor car, to take parts from, since I don’t have that much TA-01 parts. I got the car quite cheap, but it comes with allot of really cool parts So I need to figure out what parts I need, and give them a good clean and poosible some tlc, to make em shine again. Stay tuned, but don’t sit and wait, I’m afraid this build will not be done in a speed record time.
  14. DK308

Brushless lunchbox gearing

With the 13.5 you have, try the stock 10 tooth gear and see how you like it. Depending on your kv rating it might be just what you want.
  15. DK308

Brushed motors and 'sparks'

This is good advice. A good cleaning in water is a great thing. There are several ways to do it. Personally, I have found that I get a better result by running it for a longer period in water slowly, than fast for a short time. I have made a "cleaning-pack" which is essentially a 3 cell nimh pack with 5000mah and motor leads soldered on rather than a battery connector. Then I run it in demineralized.water for 20 minutes. Then I run it dry, spray motor cleaner into the running motor. Then when that has "gone through" the motor, I wipe it clean and oil the bearings. The step of running the motor while spraying it with cleaner I find to be very good for getting the last gunk out that was loosened by the water.
  16. Bromley

I built up a Lunch Box for a friend with 10.5 brushless motor. Used a Hornet 18t pinion. The thing was mental on 3s, 30mph roll on wheelies no problem whatsoever. I don't recall ever having the thing flat out for more than a second or two though. It was completely stock bar the ,motor, esc and pinion. Fun times!
  17. graemevw

Thing is, once you do a few mods, you realise its now too slow. With a few mods they are too capable for a silvercan to be fun. I go to a local ish track thats quite challenging and even with the technigold in it its not that hard to do clean laps and on the back straight it could happily be alot faster.
  18. TurnipJF

You can do it with 2 channels and a Y-lead. However a separate channel for the rear makes setup easier, and you can then choose whether to use 4WS or not for a given corner. (4WS makes the turning circle smaller, but also makes the car a bit tippy cornering at speed.)
  19. Grastens

Tamiyaclub.com The Documentary

@netsmithUK apologies! I was unaware of that. Still, I look forward to the documentary
  20. Well, I didn't make you do all of that!!! Nice haul! I love building quality stuff.
  21. netsmithUK

@Grastens Don't even go there, last time I talked/april fooled about rereleases it got me in lot of trouble. I think I meant to say Super Astute, but I've asked modelsport to clarify Chris
  22. Busdriver

Just bought the last dynahead in the rc mart flash sale. Should be £200 delivered. Not sure what I'm going to do with it but kinda fancy a hardbody Unimog front end but not sure about back half. Maybe a double length wooden deck. Now need to source huge number of bearings & work out how rearwheel steering works. Do I need more than 2 channels. I have a 4 channel set if I need it
  23. netsmithUK

Got to say loving all the forms submitted so far. Got enough already to easily beat my 5 min lower estimate All of the responses so far have been exactly the sort of thing I was after. Cheers Chris
  24. markbt73

Jeez, all you guys trying to be the first one to put a Lunchbox in low orbit... poor things... What did Vanessa ever do to you?
  25. Grastens

Excellent idea! The presentation looks great so far My curiosity was piqued by the last paragraph in the members' e-mail: Do you know something that the rest of us don't?
  26. netsmithUK

@yogi-bear get your name down on the list!
  27. DK308

I have used one of these in my LB. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-trackstar-1-10-10t-3900kv-brushless.html I used the stock gearing. Pretty well mannered.
  28. yogi-bear

love the idea. I am on the other end of the earth, but would be happy to help in anyway. Because so much has changed, not only with technology, but they way we communicate and interact now, I think you will get a lot of different stories coming out, it should be very interesting.
  1. Load more activity