All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Any chance you have a link for those recommendations? I’m having trouble finding the sss 3650 7.5D motor. Thanks for the input!
  3. nowinaminute

So, What Have You Done Today?

It will enrich your life lol They are amazing fun at the beach! I've done quite a bit of work on mine and it has improved a lot but it's still unmistakably a Lunchbox and great fun! Even stock it's fun to drive. It understeers under power and tightens up off the throttle so although it handles like a jelly, it still relatively predictable when it comes to cornering and although my mods have made it much more stable, even as stock, I find the understeer helps to stop it toppling over most of the time. They are fun, look great, easy to work on and even if you take it through salt water at the beach, a full strip down doesn't take more than a few hours because of how simple they are. The gearbox is very resilient to dirt ingress too. Build it! Do it now.
  4. Today
  5. moffman

Any guess on re-re 2019?

Yeah your bang on when you say kyosho started getting serious! Tamiya started going down the dare I say toy(ish) route maybe they thought/knew that there was a good market down that route🤔 don't get me wrong the models aren't bad I just can't help thinking after the SRB'S, avante family, hotshot etc why not build on the success of those beauties!
  6. KitTheRam

First time on a track. Few mishaps. Few good lines. Possibly the slowest video ever posted on this forum.
  7. Jonathon Gillham

For Sale - Tamiya TRF 3 Car Carry Case (New)

I would grab this, but shipping would be twice the price...
  8. graemevw

What 2s lipo fits egress/avante?

The main issue is the cable outlet, especially if you want to fit a lipo alarm. If the cables come out the top you need to drill the chassis, if they come out the end the battery needs to be as short as poss, although the battery tray is quite long, its just narrow. 46mm TOPS. I modded my batteries and the chassis to make it work.
  9. Tamiya no longer make these and its never been used. It was bought for £130 as part yet another plan that I'll never get round to starting ... I'm looking for £50+ please so PM me with any questions or offers. It will be on here for a week then go on eBay if no one is interested. Thanks, SC
  10. Tizer

The Cool Wheels Thread

So much cool stuff in this thread. I need to get some of my wheel collection out to show you guys.
  11. Tizer

TA03rsTRF shocks

I always thought they were supposed to be red. The Tamiya red anodizing does fade though over time making it look more pink. Look at some of the TBevo Surikarns, some are a light pink. But you're right. I just checked the Tamiya.com official listing. This is in their spec list. https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/58243ta03rs_trf/ta03rs_trf.htm
  12. Frh076

Slash 4x4 heat on 3s.

I'm in Norway. But the problem is not that the veleneon is bad, it's just that I want something better- perhaps a 1/8 motor.
  13. Frh076

Slash 4x4 heat on 3s.

On 2s it is fine, but I want to drive it on 3s
  14. The Ball diffs are fine in use - it just when I try and adjust them I seem to over tighten and snap the screw - seems very easy to do for me. It is possible that I am actually completely compressing the spring so there is no give and then snapping the screw by turning further - perhaps if I measure accurately what thread should be visible at the top once fully tightened. Either way I have ordered some parts to construct gear diffs for front and rear to try them out - the only thing I don't have is the 2x6mm counter sunk screws to hold them together - should be able to get some from my LHS.
  15. Pteppic

What 2s lipo fits egress/avante?

Pretty sure that these: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/core-rc-4000mahr-7-4v-30-60c-2s-lipo/rc-car-products/388538 fit all cars that were designed for rounded stick packs. Certainly happy in TA01, TA02, CC01, Fox and Hotshot to name a few.
  16. nowinaminute

This is why I need to work on my productivity. I'd be lucky to fit that in one post even if the thread was called "So, What Have You Done This Fortnight?"
  17. yogi-bear

DIY Body kit Molds

that seems to be the consensus. Search on the forums here for Retro Racing bodies, that was certainly an issue, which may have been from people using polycarbonate paint on the bodies. And to be honest those bodies weren't clearly sold as PETG bodies. Acrylic paint to my knowledge doesn't affect PETG.
  18. graemevw

You can drill with a mill but you cant mill with a drill
  19. Jonathon Gillham

Made a shock tower! First time using carbon fibre and it went pretty well. Until i have to drill the holes which I'll do on saturday using my friends milling machine - I don't have a drill press. Was going to glue the keel bulb to the keel but had run out of gloves and there is no way i would use that epoxy glue without gloves. Except that one time I had the gloves but forgot to put them on
  20. graemevw

F103 knuckles. Just press the axle out and swap it with the luchbox axles.
  21. Butler

DIY Body kit Molds

Doesn't PETG go brittle if you use the wrong paint??
  22. Usually take the holiday buggy along to the beach. Running a 3900kv brushless motor with a 60a esc on a 3s lipo. Definitely need to look into paddle tyres for it. Little bit of throttle and the wheels just spin.
  23. Jason1145

I thought I would do well to fit 8 tyre decals on my BuggyRa Fat Fox today.. you've done tons! What are these reinforced knuckles for the Lunchie... I might invest in a set
  24. Jason1145

Go on... sell it.... the experience that is so entertaining?? ( I have a NIB I haven't prioritised building yet... pity as I'm off to the beach tomorrow and this might've been fun there)
  25. Jason1145

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

This is one car I think looks too nice to drive... one of the few that I haven't seen bettered by going non box art.. they nailed the look from the start. Hope you chuck some photos up along the way and a final running video... depending how long you take (not too quickly lol) it might even give me time to persuade myself to buy this kit... one day!
  26. yogi-bear

DIY Body kit Molds

I'd agree that polycarbonate is definitely better and more durable, its just a lot harder to vac form well, especially in home vacuum setup. Thickness will also play a part, and maybe even reinforcing underneath the shell will help with lifespan. But as a way to start a project and even as a first try, I think PETG is a good way to go, and maybe move onto polycarbonate once you have a bit of experience. There is a good chance anything cheap of eBay is PETG.
  27. 80skidtoo

DIY Body kit Molds

Thanks for that perspective WillyChang 😳 certainly requires some more research! But ya buying something off of the bay - may be your getting a cheap PETG body?
  1. Load more activity