All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Depending on price I would be interested in a set of rear arms. Two if the price is right.
  3. svenb

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

Arrived today thanks to @OCD Possibly the final hop up part needed😀 Don't really want to open it!
  4. svenb

The TB Chassis Thread

Neater wiring than any of mine😉👍
  5. JennyMo

ebaYJ - aka. "Daydream B'leafer"

I managed to unpack some of my RC spares and tools that arrived from the UK this week, including of course some ice for Ozzy's fridge! It's thirsty work this trail driving... (on private land of course!) Jx
  6. qatmix

The TB Chassis Thread

Looking good!
  7. Today
  8. Mark3gti

The TB Chassis Thread

Finally sorted electrics, could do with more tidying but only so much u can do with a race car! Dampers stripped and rebuilt as came in a job lot so needed a service, all in good order so just an oil swap, after full strip and clean. Now swapping to 64dp to get the final drive ratio down to suit the new brushless motor.. hope to be ready by thurs race night!
  9. GTodd

It finally happened to me

just purchased a Technigold off of fleabay, Ill be ordering an ECU and Receiver next week when I get paid. Now Ive got three builds going!
  10. yep , that's what seems to be missing
  11. I’ve never had verbal abuse directed at me, albeit any that I heard.. but long ago, when I was stupid enough to have Facebook lol.. I saw a post from a someone I went to high school with. His post was in regards to him playing in the park with his toddlers and a male showing up with his RC truck. He was implying that it was odd and perhaps the male was a pervert trying to lure kids with his RC toy. Now as a parent we are all paranoid and over protective of our kids, the issue for me was the source. This individual was the worst kid growing up. A lying backstabbing cheat with no morals. During a period that we were supposed to. E friends, he damaged my car at school by jumping on its hood to show off to some older kids. Eventually I found out it was him and it was agony to make him pay for the damage. Anyhow, to see him take such a view of the hobby that I love really aggravated me
  12. S-PCS

So, What Have You Done Today?

Finished the Easter BigEgg build. For 33 years, I've been decidedly undecided about the Bigwig. Do I like it? Do I not like it? Well, today I finally found out. It's a beautiful buggy, once you build it for yourself, but - there's a but. So it's a Hot Shot family car, the one that was meant to overcome all the inherent Hot Shot weaknesses, right? Like not having an equal shock-to-wheel ratio, ridiculous bump steer, huge turning circle, you name it. Maybe I'd gotten my expectations up too high, but (and here's that but mentioned earlier) somehow it seems like all upgrading efforts went into the elaborate rack-and-pinion assembly - which, after it was finished, was then half heartedly stuck onto the new Bigwig chassis tub. And it still bump steers to a degree, despite or because of the weird tie rod angle. Maybe I just don't get it. Why is this steering system built around a free floating servo? What's with all the sponge tape? Why is the servo being held in place only by the ESC mount, which is only screwed down on one side? I mean I understand that different sized servos had to be taken into account, but this, this is just sloppy. And while I'm at it, what do they expect me to do with the Rx? Tape it down onto thin air? I guess the electronics layout must have been different on the original release, but this is just a non-solution. And the two rubber O-rings in the front inner drive cup setup... It just doesn't work like that. Seriously, you can't expect anyone to run the car like that. It binds up the front suspension to the point where the steering is effectively locked out. But what gets to me the most... why no ESC? To keep the kit price down? When every other re-re buggy in the last 10 years that came with a motor also came with an ESC?
  13. Hobgoblin

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

Now let's see what the damage is and make a plan
  14. I’d be down for a set of front and rear arms also a motor cover.
  15. nellyle

So, What Have You Done Today?

Started my bashing body for the Egress. Fluorescent pink seemed 90's enough. Got a Schumacher wing turning up next week, that'll be white....
  16. Hl0107

Help With ReRe Egress equipment

I test the car an the battery runs for about 20 minutes and it runs great. After every run I check the motor and its barely gets warm. I'm running the motor with the 19 pinion. Is this ok?
  17. Is this the piece your referring to?
  18. Aerobert

Backing Colour

That's a little bit what I'm looking for. Maybe I will order this also. At least I will have it for future projects. Thanks. Thank you for this tip. I have already start a test. Of course I will post it. But it will still take some time till it will be finished. And hopefully it will be nice, up to now there is already a lot of work in this body.
  19. TamiyaDan

Stolen Fav

20. Look like a new P parts tree is needed :)
  21. Aerobert

Backing Colour

Thanks. I've already googled PS-48 and that was the reason I've bought it. I will it be at least used to paint the front bumper.
  22. GTodd

I dry assembled the shocks, I dont have the seals or e-clips to assemble them correctly, they've been ordered. Sitting the way Mr Tamiya intended. If there is a more beutiful buggy I havent scene it. The Avante is absolutely gorgeous! The last restore I did of an Avante some ten years ago I polished the ball ends to a high luster, Im not going to do that this time. The ball ends arent bent and lack zero slop. Just going to wipe them clean! Id like to add these ball ends are the real deal, no dimples like the rere.
  23. Wooders28

Decent track buggy

There'll be a few decent second hand ones for sale as soon as people take delivery.
  24. In the old magazine reviews, Schumacher buggies (Cats mostly) had a bit of a rep I've noticed. They were reported to be tricky to build (although it seems the instructions on the re-re are improved) and finicky to maintain. The upshot was, when properly maintained and tuned up, they were nigh unbeatable. Aside from the built part, what made/makes them maintenance intensive? Do the belts and ball diffs need frequent adjustment? Its been said in my profession, that carbs go out of adjustment. That's really not true. They can get dirty. The running parameters of the engine can change due to weather, parts wear, etc. making it a necessity to tune/clean the carb. The carb itself however doesn't randomly go out of tune. Linkages don't bend themselves, mixture screws don't turn themselves and jets don't change themselves. Is this the same case with the Cat or are they just not a "set it and forget it" kind of beast?
  25. Small plastic washer 🤦‍♂️ That’s a big no. I’ve been scavenging screws the last two times.
  26. GTodd

A quick once over revelealed a few missing link pins and thats it. I just ordered a few spare screw bags, link pins, and the search for a technigold has begun. I might update the steering to 2011 specifications or the ball bearing option but I like the classic metal version so probably not. How do I tell if this is an original first run Avante or a revised one? It does have the double nuts on the 4mm rods which I recal was a manner in which to differentiate the two.
  1. Load more activity