All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hobgoblin

Tamiya 58044 mitsubishi pajero

Yknow that looks pretty ace in silver! Now it's going to be harder to go box art!
  3. shedjim

Mountain Rider

I picked Mine up a few weeks ago. I'm loving building it, looking forward to bank holiday gearbox building fun. It's my second Tamiya kit my first being a blitzer beetle. I'm addicted already, can't make up my mind if its a tank or a truck next ?
  4. SuperChamp82

For Sale - Tamiya TRF 3 Car Carry Case (New)

Thanks @53HRA but others have offered more. PM me if you’re still interested
  5. MadInventor

So, What Have You Done Today?

Took a few pics of the War Rig and Globe Liner together to give a sense of the size difference
  6. MadInventor

Double Wheels

Quite some time ago now, when I started collecting parts for the War Rig, my tire order got messed up and I ended up with 12 free rock crawler tires. I thought it was time to do something with them and initially had the thought of using them for a 6x6 truck, with dual wheels on the rear of the truck (Using up 10 tires). So I made up 10 wheels, using a very similar design to those I made for the War Rig, with slightly adjusted wheel dimensions to accommodate the slightly smaller tires. Half way through this process I thought about having a generic set of double wheels I could fit to any 'standard' Tamiya axle. So I started off with a wheel that would fit the tire onto a Tamiya vehicle: Then made some hubs to fit the wheels to. These have 12 holes, 6 with threads for ease of screwing the wheels on, and 6 plain holes should I want to put bolts through the hub and use nuts to secure the wheel to the hub for a more realistic look: As I didn't fancy machining 12mm hex slots into the back of each hub, I just drilled and machined them to fit the standard axle and pin arrangement used on most Tamiyas, effectively incorporating the 12mm hex into the hub. This left me with a hub that can have wheels attached on the deep or shallow side: Shallow side outward for standard track Deep side outward for wide track (Only 2 of the 6 retaining bolts are fitted): That's not all however, but fitting the wheels narrow side outboard, I can then add a wheel spacer I designed and then add another wheel: I've just used the Hi-Lift here as a test bed to try the fit, I also had a Mad Bull I wanted to test drive them on. As the Mad Bull uses splined shafts for the hexes, I had to make 2 hubs with 12mm internal hex slots to fit over the Mad Bull 12mm hexes, however the fit came out ok. The fit came out pretty well, it was certainly noticeable however that there was more weight at the rear of the car. Running it (Silver can and 3S LiPo) the grip was excellent, far better than standard Mad Bull tires (I put this down to softer compound and 2 narrower tires v 1 wide one). It was also noticeable that the tires actually squealed under wheel spin and skidding, which was quite entertaining. The downside however was that the tires kept partially coming off the wheels, this could be sorted by glueing them on but I don't really want to do that. So for the time being they have put to one side to wait the right project to put them on, I'm still thinking about possibly a 6x6 crawler / trail runner with dual wheels on the rear, or maybe all round.
  7. £40 and I’ll arrange my own courier to send it to me? You’ll just need to box it up and stick a label on it me... Ps: away tomorrow till Monday will reply then pal keep it for me if you agree with the above please
  8. Busdriver

FAV Bug

Meant to say I love the colour. Seems like a Matt VW orange?
  9. Today
  10. Busdriver

FAV Bug

I felt the fav gun was a bit too tinny for Arnie. Having said that looking at some scale pictures it would seem my multi barrel is more suited to an A10 Warthog rather than a car. Hey ho!!! Still not sure about body style and colour. There are some paint techniques I'd like to try, some salt and pva glue, might play around until I get the roll cage. Can't really mock anything up until it arrives. Come on Modelsports????. Have ordered a 7inch Terminator 2 with a multi barrel gun. Looks tiny. Again when it arrives well see.
  11. J@mes

Chop shop for Barbies cabrio and the Unimog
  12. Stefan(2)

After realizing decade old battery's are .. well.. useless.. ordered a pair of new one's .. ( for now, just for the big scale's ) Now about that moment i figured... that the control software of the Nomadio set.. ánd the charger ( can't find the fast charger if my life depends on it ) Are, on a old , for now, not working pc.. ( still have that ! ) With some real .. legacy software.. ( XP ) Oh, and found another box of parts.. good mission to start to sort that. ** wonder what i find there ** And i dug up the Leopard 2A6 .. i must say.. that thing took a beating.. gonne be a real job restoring that one.. I really hope the electrics inside are still good. ( could not test it for now ). Anyway, now got to find a way to recover the old pc, or figur out a way to get the alc-8500 and Nomadio software working on a modern pc.. - that .. will .. be a challenge ...
  13. Grastens

Tamiya 58044 mitsubishi pajero

I do like these, though never had the opportunity to pick one up when I was most interested. You may recall TC member IBIFTKH's version on a stretched WR-02: Looking back, I guess by the time I could get the re-release, I was no longer keen on the chassis specs. I still think they are neat little cars, though - as such, I look forward to following along with your rebuild/restoration!
  14. Badcrumble

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

I’m intrigued by the 4WD M chassis and would welcome a build thread!
  15. I think the DB02 Leonis suffered from too much weight and some early durability issues, at least with the rear prop shaft due to the angle to clear the battery. There was an upgraded rear prop shaft released relatively quickly. There wasn't much chatter or acceptance of the kit from the start. It was a point in history where there was no love from the Tamiya-nati for cab-forward Lexan buggy bodies. It went to closeout pricing relatively quickly in the USA and is discontinued. It was the same situation with the DN01 Zahhak; it seemed like many people didn't like the body or box art scheme. The cost to upgrade it didn't make sense in general when 1st-gen TRF201 kits were being sold at bargain prices. The DB01 proved to be a little more popular with Durga, Baldre, R, RR, and RRR kits released. If any of these three were to become a future classic, the DB01 might simply because there were enough kit iterations; this implies there were enough sales for Tamiya to keep making more of them. Enough people might remember them.
  16. max69vk

Best colour for a Bullhead?

Found a couple more colours to look at... Personally I think the purple is bad *ss! Wish I’d done mine that colour!
  17. Hi all, A local who I've had RC bits off in the past sent me a message a while back asking if I wanted another of his cars. It's a novel little original car, underloved by the masses it seems and perhaps deservedly so. However the price was right and I saw the opportunity to have some fun fixing it up. Sellers image: My boss is picking the car up as I type. Hopefully once Easter celebration is over I can begin making a full checklist and putting together a shopping basket. I think I'm going to strip the body back and go box art with some MCI decals. I might pick up a rere Montero body to muck around with though. First thing will be a full strip and ultra sonic clean. The overall plan is faux vintage. A new kind of techno-blasphemy where I will be trying to keep the vintage internal look (MSC, 27mhz gigantic RC and a Tamiya battery) but hiding modern gear in an attempt to end up with something a bit more functional. MSC may look quite cool but as far as I'm concerned they have two speeds: On and On Fire. I'm torn between fitting ampro light buckets and keeping it stock. Flip of a coin when I come to it. Maybe something for a spares body! Thanks, H
  18. SuperChamp82

@martinjpayne they’re standard TRF box size @WillyChang is right re how you can swap / expand
  19. speedy_w_beans

Got a call from the local post office and picked these up today, a F104W and a 3Racing M4 (4WD M-chassis). The F104W is a donor for a custom project; it's in the long-term queue. Happy to do an abbreviated build thread on the M4 chassis if anyone is interested.
  20. graemevw

Alternative buggy bodies for frog

Ahh, ok. That would be perfect if i could get it sitting nice. Thanks.
  21. waterbok

WTB M38 WW or Audi Axle Tubes

the tubes or the potalloy round ball thingies at the end?
  22. markbt73

Alternative buggy bodies for frog

It's been a loooong time, but I think this might have been the body I used. I cut the back end out of the side "pods" so that the rear shocks disappeared into them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bolink-Funco-SS2A-W-Mask-Team-Associated-RC10-Body-/254184035193
  23. martinjpayne

What interior dimensions to a storage box?
  24. Peter_B

Having finally tracked down my parcel yesterday, today I was able to get to Argos to collect it. The contents: A Bigwig kit - had half an eye on one for a while, finally decided to take the plunge. Good job I did, the price at Modelsport has gone up £20 since I ordered it. A Core RC servo - for the BW. Same as I have in my Boomerang where it seems to do well. Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL120 ESC Speed Passion 13.5 MMM motor. The motor was intended for the BW and the ESC for my Boomerang. Trouble is, after ordering I remembered I already had suitable bits on hand. I'm sure I'll find a use for them. The last items are a pro transmission upgrade and alloy rocker upgrade ready for when (if) I build my Topcat kit.
  25. ruebiracer

What 2s lipo fits egress/avante?

The Problem with the Lipo stickpacks is often the length. They are always a little longer than the old NiCd stickpacks. On the Avante and Egress, you can leave out the front chassis pin, so the added length gets not a problem. You just have to make an alternative battery stop. Or drill 2 new holes for the pin, which could be seen as a sacrilege on the Beautiful Carbon chassis plates. For running, a foam block could do the job.
  26. OCD

TA03rsTRF shocks

Nice catch 👍 Good to see they included the otherwise-unobtainable pink motor plate.
  27. svenb

TA03rsTRF shocks

Nice 👍 Jealous of the pink King pins and servo stays!
  1. Load more activity