All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. What a timing . Land cruiser quad trek is on sale now.. for $250… if subtract cost of 2sets of tracks ($140) rest of the kit costs about $110.. hmm https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/110-trucks/rc-toyota-land-cruiser-40-4/
  3. Well we also face the dilemma of drawing more amps the faster that we’re allowed to push a vehicle, so say speed were kept equal and acceleration similarly then the physics may work that way. In practice I suspect that just the endbell will keep a tad cooler while of course the model will kick butt. We used to also advance the timings for non-compete stocks because why not? Find that sweet spot of RPM. Efore too many spark showers get emitted. Heh. In the old days that required bending tabs on the cans and the. Carefully re-peening them into new positions. Not a very repeatable process. Anyhow, ball bearings==win. Doooeett!
  4. Today
  5. In regards to support JConcepts is a HUGE OG RC10 supporter, I bet they will release their RC10 parts again. Ie turnbuckles, wheels, shock towers, bell crank steering etc. Some of which you can still buy from them .
  6. Any suggestions for tires other than stock ones, they seem to wear out fast well the spikes do I mean. \
  7. Geez, you and my BIL could virtually be neighbours if your along South Pine Road 😮
  8. no worries, once you've scanned it, pm me, I'll get you to send the file to me and I can check and upscale it for you.
  9. I am curious about that note on the motor as I'm running my Boomerang with a sport-tuned...it has been fine so far but I haven't run it very long.
  10. Definitely skip the silver can. I fell asleep watching my Stadium Blitzer’s first run within 5 minutes. Promptly put a Sport Tuned in it that was much better. The ST didn’t like soft sand much though and would get very hot in no time. Grass can be power sapping as well, my gut would be Dirt Tuned. Also that pile of mulch in the back corner needs to be moved to the middle of the straight for a decent jump while your at it 😁
  11. How true, people really go for the RTR's these days. I much prefer the kit form - showing my age??? What a small world, Hobbyrama is my closest LHS I haven't bought any kits from them in about 20 years but I buy my static models, paints and other supplies from them when I can. It's great to have a shop like that, 5 minutes down the road. Fun fact, the bald guy downstairs sold me my TA02 Calsonic kit back in 1993 when he worked at Mr Toys in the Myer Centre, Brisbane City. Another knowledgable guy I hope doesn't leave anytime soon. I hope the sale of your business goes well!
  12. These took forever! Almost time to build! Cant wait. Like 4 more parts... ryan
  13. In my experience, the TS does fairly well on small to medium jumps, and doesn't nose-dive. That being said, I don't think it is able to handle huge jumps due to the limited front suspension travel and overall feel of the car. The nose diving of your TS could depend on many factors like driving style, speed, car/suspension setup, and the angle of the jump. If on a random playground, I would have guessed maybe it's hitting a bump with the rear wheels right before take off, but since you are on a proper astro track I doubt it's the case. Maybe try playing around with the suspensions. Are you using the original CVAs as shocks?
  14. Yeah im not a huge fan of the box art so i dont think i will follow it. I just looked up pics of Bigfoot 18 and its not bad, maybe thats the way to go
  15. Yep, that’s the one. Elite hobbies down the road went a year or two ago where I got my EB4 buggy from. Apparently someone is looking at Rory’s but he wants to make the building half laundrette half hobby shop?? The current owner isn’t convinced that’ll work. Maybe it will (hopefully) if the laundrette can help prop up the hobby side. Rory is a very knowledgeable guy and would be sorely missed. He did also mention that the kit side of things doesn’t do to well, it’s all RTR these days. Some people even cringe at the thought of putting a couple of stickers on 😬 It’ll make stocking up on the small stuff like paint, servos etc a bit of a pest. My wife and I own a small business and indeed the sector is getting very hard, the government & council made it that way. Fortunately we are in the process of a sale ourselves. Overheads are monstrously ridiculous now. My BIL lives around the corner from Hobbyrama in Brisbane (who oddly won’t post many of their kits) and a few others aren’t far from there so looks like more visits down that way in the future.
  16. Yesterday
  17. I've been watching popalong rc and been enjoying seeing Tamiya's on YouTube. Can't wait to see more of your racing.
  18. Oh dear! That would be Rory's!?!? I was up in Rocky on holidays a couple of weeks ago. He has always been handy for the odd crawler part - he had the Axial gears we needed and we also picked up some reasonably priced crawler tyres. I saw the For Sale sign out the front, but didn't have the heart to ask Another LHS on the edge of closure. It must be tough in today's market.
  19. Gosh that’s very pretty. @wtcc5 did your rear end mods encourage or discourage chassis twist to any benefit? And if you don’t mind answering an old guy’s pondering, it looks like you have functional front formula suspension on your model. It looks truly like a scale recreation. Are there dampers hiding between the uppers and lowers or perhaps lay downs hiding somewhere? BTW I appreciate you helping me walk back memory lane—these things were long since lost to my adolescence. I never put rubber tires on my Tamiya Formula before heading indoors for the 12th scale shenanigans though I believe that you’re correct on the F-102 assessment: I see a lot of similarities with the design here, such as the general layout and suspension geometries and that graphite rear axle sticks out well. I do not think the front suspension was as realistic as yours. The most fun that I got out of mine with neoprene on asphalt was perfecting about 150’ long drifts from a downhill straight into the crossroad that it intersected. It was almost like driving on wet epoxy flooring. Too much throttle and the rear end would just shoot right out. I’m really curious how an improved version would feel to drive with modest powertrains. Thanks for sharing the build thread 👍
  20. As above, if you're thinking of staying in the hobby (sport , if you start racing...) I'd invest in a decent LCD screened charger. They're not that expensive (base models- Skyrc e680 are around £45 from a proper outlet, ie NOT ebay amazon etc, as there are fakes about ) but will charge pretty much all battery chemistry (Nicad / Nimh / Lipo etc) , by mains or 12v and usually less than an hour, which will help enjoy RC more, (giving the option to upgrade to lipo ,as you progress). You generally charge at "1C", with C being the capacity, so you would charge the 2000mah (2Ah) at 2Amp and would take an hour max (that's if the battery is 100% flat, which they never are, so more likely 35 - 40 mins)
  21. This came out beautiful. I think it will look even better when you get the decals on.
  22. Got the paint on. Its hard to really show the depth of colour. It's PS-16 Metallic Blue. I absolutely love it. So I'm going full Avante. Proper Avante stickers are out of UK stock at the mo but TTP had them just a couple of weeks ago and Tamico have them, so I don't think they're too hard to find, plus there's a rerun of the Avante coming. It needs yellow wheels to match too, obvs, and the right yellow, not those gopping fluoro kit ones. I like the yellow versions of these ones actually, so I'm on the lookout for them. Tamico have those too. I borrowed these white ones off the TD2. Next: wire up the ESC, finalise shorty fitment and get it running. Then: refine the suspension (it's maybe a shade on the hard side at the mo) and get the TD2 running too.
  23. I've messed about with my shocks so much that this probably isn't very helpful, but I went for upgraded pistons and reckon it makes a significant difference. Enough that my Falcon (nee Blitzer Beetle) is in my top three cars to repeatedly drop on the table and marvel at its damping*. *which in turn is among the best RC activities, I'm sure you'd agree.
  24. Thanks @yogi-bear I actually could understand that😅 Tomorrow evening I'll(wife) have a go scanning and see what happens, fingers crossed. If I can get the templates for the main stripes that would help.
  25. Building a vintage TRF415 racer and want to get away from the front one way. I'm in USA. Trying to follow https://www.thercracer.com/2022/07/tamiya-trf415-guide-mods-tuning-and.html Any leads appreciated. Thanks, Simon
  26. Those large improvement numbers are just so hard to believe... Doesn't even feel like it's in the ball park. I admit to being biased by the sincere contempt I have for YT. But you certainly have a point @BuggyDad, if you used less power to turn the rotor inside the bushings you would in theory run cooler.
  1. Load more activity