All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Grotty Otty

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

Nothing Tamiya but 100 nitrile O-Rings from Simply Bearings for the Cat's crashback system. The Schumacher ones do seem to perish really quickly (as the car is kept out in the garage) so hopefully these will last longer. Exactly the same diameter but a little thinner and easier to put on. Three of them feel the same tension as the originals but there is room for four if need be. Way cheaper to, £11.39 for the 100 delivered verses £1.95 for 3 of the Schumacher originals. 2mm section 27.5 Bore Nitrile 70 rubber O-Rings - Pack Size - Pack of 100
  3. salvine

WANTED : TA01 or TA02

I got bunches but I'm in the Colonies...
  4. Mokei Kagaku

2019 Supra in Tamiya's pipeline?

Though I do, not everybody would agree. In fact, I recently read a "slightly" patriotic comparison of the Toyota "Z4 Coupe" and the BMW Z4 Roadster in a German car magazine. Of course they concluded that the BMW is better. Worse though, they claimed that Toyota, with the help of BMW, finally has a good engine for the Supra. My scream of anger could be heard in the "4-Zylinder" in Munich, but then again, I live only 70km from it.
  5. Hairyjon313

Surrey, UK. Cheers.
  6. Juggular

Bruder cc01

Welcome. I like your MAN truck. You have 24MB to upload. Also, you can just drag imgur image onto the page. Like this (I didn't have to upload to my imgur page, these are directly dragged from your imgur page):
  7. salvine

Location?
  8. nellyle

So, What Have You Done Today?

Fitted new wheels to my Egress, bashing body and wheels now sorted! Not sure it's bright enough!
  9. As per title I’m looking for a front and/or rear alloy transmission housing for a vintage Schumacher cat 2000 if you have either please get in touch
  10. Hi Looking for a NIB Bush Devil. I'm in Scandinavia, so it's probably better price wise if it's in Europe. As for price. Let's see what we can agree on. Note that I'm not a hardcore vintage collector, and don't have so much affection for these things, so that I'm willing to pay above and beyond. The Bush Devil is not the most sought after model in general, but I thought it would be fun to build one again. I would also take into account that you have to be a member on this site, that uses the forum for other purposes than just selling this one item. In other words, coming here just to sell this one item all of a sudden, just reeks of scam. Apologies to those who take offens to this, but one can't be too careful these days. Thanks
  11. waterbok

Converting LWB M38 to SWB

You would need the short braces and the motor mount plates which position the motor and gearbox more to the front. And of course there is a load of other different parts but those ain't necessary for the shorter wheelbase.
  12. Today
  13. She says that but what she really means is "I'm part of a larger demographic so I'm more worthy of using the outdoors than you are." Same with some dog owners, they think they have a birth right to use public places that other people don't, simply because they see walking a dog as more conventional.
  14. I use the Venom LiPo battery, that's made to fit Tamiya cars. Actual battery is smaller, but padded to fit Tamiya, so it would not rattle around. I think that's a good idea. It made me feel comfortable. A lot lighter and powerful too because of larger C rating. Just in case Hoyty is leaving LiPo as an option. (It took me quite a while to jump into LiPo after restarting the hobby too. So no pressure.) https://www.amazon.com/Venom-4000mAh-LiPo-Battery-Tamiya/dp/B002QE3AVE (dimensions are right, but the picture seems to show 3S...) And some unknown companies offer slightly smaller size too (I suspect, something like this is what's in the Venom Tamiya pack). https://www.amazon.com/Batteriol-Battery-5200mAh-Airplane-Helicopter/dp/B07MGJKTZ9/ref=wl_mb_wl_huc_clickstream_2_dp?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_r=B5GFPXGB97RKF5B3XPBR&pd_rd_w=F1Kda&pd_rd_wg=KzzJA#customerReviews
  15. graemevw

Finally got the front of the terra scorcher sorted. This is going to get thrown round a track in 2 weeks time and it has a 17x2 in it. So, whats going to break next? Tub? Knuckles? Towers?
  16. Ah yes, the ESRC (Entitled Self-Righteous Cyclist). We have our share of those too. Funny how their "equal rights" to the road are somehow equal-er than everyone else's... And ugh, why can't people understand, "no touchy my stuff"? Next time someone picks up a car, just goose the throttle. They'll let it go.
  17. NWarty

FTFY
  18. Juggular

Grasshopper suspention

Welcome! Personally, I like the Hornet suspension. The Grasshopper is the #1 when it comes to pogo-stick action. That's not a good thing. I wanted them dampened. As WillyChang said, it's already lighter than Tamiya intended back in the 80s. So I even cut off 6mm from front springs to make room for the o-ring dampers of the Hornet. Those little o-rings work fairly well. If I were given a choice between taking only the Hornet front or the rear pivot, I'd take the front. (But both front and rear parts are in the same D tree, so you get both anyway if you get the D tree) Stiffening the front suspension could reduce the pogo-stick-ness. But the suspension gets hard on already light chassis, and make steering less responsive. (then again, pogo-sticks are the worst when it comes to steering, so stiffer springs are still an improvement) The rear doesn't really need any damping. The Hornet gearbox slamming into the chassis is a bit annoying, though. (I had to have a 3rd shock)
  19. Dear racers, builders and collectors To BEC or not to BEC... THAT is the question... :/ I have recently joined your wonderful club, mainly because I fell in love with Tamiya and all the wonders and joys of RC's again. So, like many I had the Grasshopper as a kid and nostalgia made me reinvest in the reissued version which was a great joy to build as well as owning it once more. Since that time, I've bought the HotShot, Neo Fighter and a few others. The latest is Monster Beetle, however, since it's been a while since I built one again, I noticed my Carson's Reflex Wheel Ultimate Touch 2.4G's (this is the one Carson Reflex-Wheel-Ultimate) has a BEC that is a bit hard to find these days and anywhere I find it costs a bundle not to mention the shipping costs is astronomical. I need one so I may bind the Monster Beetle to my Remote Controller, I have the HotShot, Neo Fighter to bind perfectly, but I am now looking for another BEC to put into the Monster Beetle and maybe even upgrade my Grasshopper for the same reason. I have found these, which I don't know will bind with my Reflex Wheel Ultimate Touch Remote Controller: Carson 500501533 - Reflex Wheel Receiver PRO 3, 2.4 GHz Press for Info and this one Carson 500501536 - empfangerrefle xwheel Pro3, 2.4 GHz V.2 Press for Info My question and hope here is to have someone explain to me if this is a possibility that my controller will bind with these two or do I explicitly need the one that came with the controller like this one (Sorry no image only description), or can I simply buy any of the above mentioned alternatives and they will bind with the remote controller without problems? I sure hope you guys might have an answer to this, it's a little frustrating as I'm still not entirely sure how these things work, I had tons of problems with brushless non-brushless Tamiya ESC, I couldn't figure out the differences and it didn't work... I'm sure I did something wrong, heck it took me three hours to put the Grasshopper's rubber wheels together... when I was a kid, I did it in 20min... I don't know what that means, but let's just leave it at that... I hope you guys can help me cause I'm at a loss here, I wish to buy it via Amazon, if possible, but since they don't have the one I use exactly I was hoping I might be able to use one of these. Here is the manual for the Controller from Carson I use for the RC's I have. User Manual for the Carson Reflex Wheel Ultimate Touch The one place I found that might be okay but I don't know them, never ordered from them is this one: The Alternative however, the shipping is kind of a stab in the feelers, but, if this is the only place I can get it, or Tamico, then I guess I have to buy it... but please let me know if I can use those from amazon. Thanks a lot guys
  20. Dear racers, builders and collectors To BEC or not to BEC... THAT is the question... :/ I have recently joined your wonderful club, mainly because I fell in love with Tamiya and all the wonders and joys of RC's again. So, like many I had the Grasshopper as a kid and nostalgia made me reinvest in the reissued version which was a great joy to build as well as owning it once more. Since that time, I've bought the HotShot, Neo Fighter and a few others. The latest is Monster Beetle, however, since it's been a while since I built one again, I noticed my Carson's Reflex Wheel Ultimate Touch 2.4G's (this is the one Carson Reflex-Wheel-Ultimate) has a BEC that is a bit hard to find these days and anywhere I find it costs a bundle not to mention the shipping costs is astronomical. I need one so I may bind the Monster Beetle to my Remote Controller, I have the HotShot, Neo Fighter to bind perfectly, but I am now looking for another BEC to put into the Monster Beetle and maybe even upgrade my Grasshopper for the same reason. I have found these, which I don't know will bind with my Reflex Wheel Ultimate Touch Remote Controller: Carson 500501533 - Reflex Wheel Receiver PRO 3, 2.4 GHz Press for Info and this one Carson 500501536 - empfangerrefle xwheel Pro3, 2.4 GHz V.2 Press for Info My question and hope here is to have someone explain to me if this is a possibility that my controller will bind with these two or do I explicitly need the one that came with the controller like this one (Sorry no image only description), or can I simply buy any of the above mentioned alternatives and they will bind with the remote controller without problems? I sure hope you guys might have an answer to this, it's a little frustrating as I'm still not entirely sure how these things work, I had tons of problems with brushless non-brushless Tamiya ESC, I couldn't figure out the differences and it didn't work... I'm sure I did something wrong, heck it took me three hours to put the Grasshopper's rubber wheels together... when I was a kid, I did it in 20min... I don't know what that means, but let's just leave it at that... I hope you guys can help me cause I'm at a loss here, I wish to buy it via Amazon, if possible, but since they don't have the one I use exactly I was hoping I might be able to use one of these. Here is the manual for the Controller from Carson I use for the RC's I have. User Manual for the Carson Reflex Wheel Ultimate Touch The one place I found that might be okay but I don't know them, never ordered from them is this one: The Alternative however, the shipping is kind of a stab in the feelers, but, if this is the only place I can get it, or Tamico, then I guess I have to buy it... but please let me know if I can use those from amazon. Thanks a lot guys PS. Sorry guys for some reason, it posted my topic twice...
  21. KEV THE REV

Converting LWB M38 to SWB

There was a topic about this on here a while back , but here is Lars' spot the difference on the 2 , it might give you the answer https://tamiyabase.com/articles/46-technical/173-want-to-compare-your-willy-part2-chassis-versions
  22. Hairyjon313

Hey. This has come up before. Looking for a TA01 or TA02 chassis that's cheap. PM me if you have anything. Cheers, Jon
  23. KING_TUBBY

Could be a 1:24th static kit, although I think almost all RC touring cars have been done as 1:24th statics first.
  24. nowinaminute

Grasshopper suspention

Very good point, don't forget the additional servo too! I rebuilt a nikko dandy dash a while back and the suspension didn't want to really move without all those old parts so I ended up putting the throttle servo, MSC and massive old Acoms receiver back in as well as some extra weight to simulate the AA pack and compensate form the light battery. After all that it worked 100x better. I just hid the new ESC and reciever out of view. Really most Tamiya models right up into the 2000s were still designed around having a heavy nicad, second servo and AA battery pack etc. Stuff like the TL01 was being pushed for use with an ESC but still had the provision for using an MSC so it can really pay to have some extra weight low down in the chassis to compensate. You can buy little self adhesive wheel weights online for cheap, they are very handy for this purpose.
  25. Decided I want a Wild Willy back in my life. Keen to find a really nice version, ideally a new built shelf queen but if it has only been run a few times I am OK with that too. Not in the mood for a restoration, bur would also consider a parts haul as long as it included a new motor set up. Please get in touch if you have something you want to sell.
  26. I believe the earlier short-wheelbase Wild Willy M38 had a different gearbox to the LWB version that came later, but am I right in thinking this has nothing to do with the wheelbase and therefore if you can get the correct short braces to hold the rear arms, you can simply convert an LWB into a SWB?
  27. topforcein

Got the wire loom for the trailer lights installed in the truck on the mfu. Also got thr trailer to a roller stage no sides yet as i am trying to get nath at mci racing to make me a couple of decals for the side panels. All the paint is complete and the match between the truck n trailer is not that bad esp seing the truck was painted a couple of years back.
  1. Load more activity