All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. yogi-bear

Tamiya CS chassis RM01 wheels?

These are RM rims/tyres fitted my Renault Martini Mk 22, no modifications, should be the same for all those early chassis cars. As for changing the rim style to match, you could cut out the centres and swap, custom fittings them. Not impossible, but a bit of work.
  3. Fenix Master

Fenix Classique 70

Lotus 49 will be out in about a month (in the pic the approved 49 next to the "normal" Fenix Classique. Plan is to go first over the 78 and then the 72 Plus, I'm trying to get all the necessary relations to go over different F1 teams.
  4. Collin

Kyosho Optima Mid Quick Restore

Very tidy job you did!
  5. KEV THE REV

Tamiya 58044 mitsubishi pajero

Look after the chassis tub as it is unique to the 58044 Pajero , it is similar to a LB / MP chassis tub but it has the special front body clip on it and this is not on the re-re LB / MP chassis
  6. Hello. Anybody interested in a like new Tamiya Adspec with CPR-Unit and Servo TP-S-148!? https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/vintage-tamiya-45009-adspec-fernsteuerung-mit-cpr-unit-und-servo/1106780917-249-4929 ernieks
  7. Today
  8. svenb

Sonic Fighter Parts needed

I think I have a grey cva seal 🤔 I'll check tonight
  9. taffer

Sonic Fighter Parts needed

Thanks, no Tamiya mica silver this time!
  10. My advice would be: Make notes where appropriate. Ask questions and use them to check understanding Get copies of work instructions or standard work to review in your own time at your leisure when you have less pressure.
  11. ThunderDragonCy

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

Do Blitzer and Mad Bull wheels fit? Is the front a long axle bearing mount and 12mm hex rear?
  12. Stopping for the night got the rear attached with the Kevlar belt and CVD's
  13. bjorklo

Kyosho Optima Mid Quick Restore

The first thing I needed to do was to fix an mistake I did mounting the upper arms on the wrong side of the damper tower. It was Keith Clancy in the Kyosho vintage group on Facebook who was so kind to make me aware of this. So I moved them to the inside, and it looks so much better now I then moved on to the dampers, I disassemble them to clean them and to change oil. I did a light polish to them, but it didn’t do to much a change, but they atleast became clean. The black rear springs was very worn, so I painted them with a coat of black. The front springs was also not in that great condition, these was not black originally but I did paint them too. I think it didn’t turn out to bad. Then it was just to mount em onto the chassis. Originally there was these plastic nuts, but they were beyond the point where it was possible to save them, so I used regular black tinted nuts Looking really good, I must say Next up is to install the steering servo, so time to have a look at the electronics. I had to change the receiver as the one that came with the car is a 75mhz, and I’m not sure where my 75mhz controller is. Looking closer on the electronics they also for sure needs to be cleaned. It was a pain to remove all the double-sided tape, but it turned out ok. And the the rest also turned out ok after a clean. I then went ahead and mounted the steering servo. I must say I think Kyosho should have made a protection part in plastic for the part of the servo sticking outside the chassis. Because I could clearly see the wear on the servo due to this. This was as far as I got this time, hope to get some more done soon.
  14. I have just seen a video on Youtube where a guy has mounted RM01 wheels on a CS chassis (58008 Lambo) unfortunately it was heavily modified with a different front axle. In theory it should work, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions? The RM wheels come closer to the Lambo ones than the CS
  15. As someone who constantly trains new people on the job, let me say this: Don't worry too much about getting it all right the first time around, and don't spend too much time on taking notes. Just try to do what has to be done, and repeat, repeat, repeat. You will automatically get better. Every boss or supervisor who deserves that title will know and understand that eveybody needs a little time to get adjusted to a new job, doesn't matter wether you're 20 or 45. I have noticed over and over again that those who try to take it all in at once regularly fare worse than those who give themselves some time to build up their knowledge. 3 to 6 months to go from "beginner" to "fully operational" seems to be the average for office type jobs, twice that for, in my case, mechanics. It's just how it is, don't kill yourself trying to outpace this somewhat natural development. Repeat, repear, repeat - It'll stick, soon enough. The key, from my perspective, for anybody new to a job is understanding and accepting that you have a lot to learn, not trying to make the job fit your existing skills, which, in your case, I am sure is absolutely not going to be a problem.
  16. WillyChang

How do you remember stuff?

would they mind if you video'd it? Carry an old smartphone (preferably one that has slot for a microSD memory card) or pocket camera. Film video & afterwards you can playback, write your notes & take screenshots to bolster your notes. I'd compile those notes onto a PDF then store that PDF on my current pocket device for easy reference later.
  17. kevinb120

Blue Edition Brat

Well at least one could get a proper set of quality tamiya decals for the original alternative paint scheme
  18. Sure, everything's for sale, show me the money!! These are just doodads of life, finding/building/owning a toy does make me happy but there's also happiness to be found by introducing others & getting them hooked too. Never did "get" RC10s though... ok they're tough but pretty basic in design/materials IMHO. Ok they're worlds winningmost RC perhaps... but is that just because they're lucky to be in right place (USA!) at right time (RC heyday, not much direct competition)? We raced an RC300 & RC12e but skipped RC10, never had a Goldpan. So yeah, that dusty wreck still looks like a dingy old RC10, without the nostalgia.
  19. More progress, i am taking my time atm, i still need to take the motor and electrics from my x-ray
  20. MICHAELs TopForce17

@Peter_B King cab, bush devil and super blackfoot use the same wheel in different colours. For non tamiya wheels hpi 2.2 truck super star mt. Hopefully others know more.
  21. yogi-bear

Home Made Vac Former - Forming RC bodies

cheers Alex, keen to see how you go with those bodies too, make sure you post pictures yeah, still think I am way behind I've been planning more upgrades to that vac former and bought the parts about 2 years ago. Lots of solenoids and other controllers etc to help automate it. Plus I've got further plans on the heating elements and clamps. I have resigned myself to the fact that it won't happen too soon, but I will get to it. The next year or so will also see me building a new house with a much better workshop, and that will help immensely. Should be much better setup and organised.
  22. Jonathon Gillham

Pairing Tamiya RC car with FlySky FS-I6??

I've had the same problem with the FSi6, trying to work out which channel does what. It works great though and they have a lot of cool functions - we made a tank out of banggood bits and the tx really makes it, just fiddly to set up. I like the Futaba 6K which to me looks really reasonable (about NZD300 so 150 quid) but it has all the same functions as the FSi6. Which Futaba set have you been looking at?
  23. Grastens

Fenix Classique 70

Does this mean we will see a Lotus 72 in a few years? I can hardly wait for that!
  24. Yesterday
  25. Juggular

How do you remember stuff?

Congratulations! I hope your new job turns into the best thing you've done. Staying curious helps. Ask yourself why they are doing things in a certain way. "Why we do it this way?" They might not even know why..."I don't know, this is how we do things here." That's not helping. Don't ask if they get annoyed with you. What can you do? But in trying to figure out why, you end up remembering more. Taking a note sounds good. One other thing I might suggest is to look over the note right before you go to bed. It doesn't have to be a thorough study. Just skimming over would do. The rest, your brain will take care of when you sleep. There were a lot of researches into this.
  26. Peter_B

One of those "wasn't looking for one but couldn't resist the chance" purchases... Is in fairly decent shape at first glance. Needs a bit of a clean and a set of bearings. Tyres feel a bit stiff so will be on the lookout for another set of wheels that I can fit alternative tyres to. What wheels fit these?
  27. I finally managed to get a new job. The old job was killing me mentally and physically leaving me with precious little self confidence. Its going to take awhile to get that back. I'm happy with my new employment and I want to do well there. Its still blue collar, hands on, but it is a definite shift from my original field. At my age (mid 40's) its a big change with a lot of new things to learn. So does anybody have any suggestions for absorbing and retaining large amounts of new information? I just don't retain things as good as I did in my teens and 20's if I'm not doing them on a daily basis. Currently, I listen closely while being trained and then try to copy all I can remember into a notebook on break time so I at least have notes to go back to. Any other tips? I never thought I'd make a career change at this stage in life, but its ultimately for the better.
  1. Load more activity