All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I love the experimenting! Are these tires normally for the "Nitro Sedan" touring car classes?
  3. i use a 2S LiFe 2400mah battery in my 4PM, it lasts very long. but not all LiFe batteries fits the 4PM, Arrowmax makes a one, which is what i use.
  4. Thanks. Looks like a slightly different design but I'll give it a punt.
  5. I was surprised too, especially the rear ones!
  6. @Pylon80 Thanks! Awesome and very helpful info. I'm surprised tbh, they appear thicker on photos.
  7. There was some details missing on the Hilux and the City, and I had some remaining work on the Zerda... The Hilux got some paint on the tires, it looks even better this way... I had to do the paintjob on the Zerda, it is only the driver figure, and it actually did not took much time... I decided to keep in the red, white and black theme... I also add a bit of paint on the tires, which will do the job until I print tires for this car... Finally, I added some paint on the tires of the Rock'nCity, which is still missing a steering servo and an ESC. This is easier than to fnd a City bodyshell, so i'm not worried.... I will have to take the time to take a picture of the 4 Hirobos together (as there is also the Bearcat SS)...
  8. Today
  9. Agree. With a track width of 165mm, it is 15mm narrower than the XV02. As the XV02 has 37cm shafts, the 30mm shafts could fit. I am thinking of the nice 30mm Double Cardan Joints 42300. πŸ™‚
  10. You just need a 7.2v NiMH with an appropriate charger - lots of choice out there
  11. Slapped on some wheels and tires and original bumper and body posts. Now I'm calling this done.
  12. No, I did not. Fussing about with makeshift solutions seemed silly when using Lithium AA worked fine, and when I knew I would just go LiFe eventually anyway. There is a menu setting for a custom battery alarm (CSTM) that you could probably make work with the 3x AA rechargeables if you were really committed to making it work.
  13. First set of wheels are painted, minus detailing. I love the colour.
  14. The MX V and MX6 both used a Rx that was unique to them and not used by any others in the sanwa lineup. I don't think there were clones made either. The 3PV uses all but the latest FHSS rx so shares them with the 10PX etc. Same with the rest of the Sanwa lineup, the MT4S can use any FH3 or FH4, the M17 can use FH3, FH4 and FH5, plus there are the aftermarket clones around too for both Futaba and Sanwa I also find that rx don't die so if you have enough then should always be ok?
  15. @bRIBEGuy have you tried fitting the 4 cell battery tray from the 3PV on the 4PM? Looks like it will fit. But yeah, the LiFe battery is a good investment, can’t imagine going back to AA batteries on my transmitters
  16. Ruddog accepted my pre-order today. Deliveries expected to start in early to mid May.
  17. Make sure you post the YouTube video πŸ˜‰
  18. That pretty much makes the "optional" life battery mandatory... Not a huge deal, just a 40$ extra expense for me here in the US. Not a huge deal but it seems a bit annoying that there wouldn't be a way to adjust dry cell/NiXx/Life in the menu like you can do on certain Tx. Of course once you have the LiFe battery I am sure you never look back.
  19. Just to understand correctly, because I am not native speaker: Dry Cell means normal batteries from shop?
  20. One thing I will mention as a negative about the 4PM is the battery setup. It requires 3 x AA DRY CELL batteries to run. I wasn't fussed about this, as I just read the "AA" part, and popped in some good (Enloop Pro) rechargeables (which seem to do fine in the 4x configuration of the 3PV). After a very short period of usage...... BEEP BEEP BEEP low battery warning. It's a PITA. Seems like the lower nominal voltage of rechargeable's is enough to mess with the alarm. Dang. I ran 3x Lithium AA's for a bit, but eventually just ponied up for a small LiFe pack, and have been really happy ever since.
  21. Thank you both for your responses! Very happy to hear it could be the original. Could you recommend a battery? It's the only missing piece to get this thing running (fingers crossed).
  22. From my understanding, most of the profits in RC are in replacement parts and hop-ups, so mass producing re-res that will likely end up on a shelf probably isn't all that profitable, thus the limited edition gimmick. Tamiya is big enough to where they can make re-res left and right, and it helps that ABS plastic is easy on molds. Of course, AE makes race-grade stuff but that's a niche part of the hobby. On the other hand, there's plenty of money in selling crawlers, MT10s and other "bashers", since people often end up buying replacement parts and upgrades.
  23. Thank you. I think I will go for 4PM, just to not regret that again I bought low end radio. I am 80% sure for now. I am still open for comments and opinions!
  24. As per your other thread: I own a 3PV and 4PM (and a 10PX). Out of the three the 4PM is the one to buy, unless you have a specific reason to choose otherwise. I bought the 3PV for my daughter, as it was well regarded, and notably lighter and smaller than most radios. Compared to the 4PM, it feels cheap and basic, and the user interface is a nightmare compared to other Futaba's. If I had seen one in person before I ordered it, I honestly would have just let her use her old radio a bit longer, and then sprung for a 4PM. That being said, in function it works fine, and I can't tell any "speed difference" between the 4PM and 3PV in actual use. Not that it would matter in a Midnight Pumpkin, SW01, or trail truck... The 4PM feels nicer, is easier to use, and has a lot of features I don't typically use... but might someday. I'd rather buy something a bit nicer now (if I have the cash) than have to re-buy down the road. I personally look at a TX as an investment in the hobby more than as a consumable item cost.
  25. Update: Shocks disassembled, washed, dried and ready for assembly. One shaft from front shock was damaged after crash, so I will use shafts from CVA shocks. They are shorter, so I have to use o-rings inside rear, to adjust travel. I hope I will not make mistake and end up with correct suspension setup. I am also not sure, which springs and oil I will use. Shocks will be mounted to towers bit differently than in stock version. It will be solution like in TRF cars. As bottom mounts I will use... 5 mm short adjusters. I found they are cheap and have exactly the same dimensions as mounts form shocks sprues.
  1. Load more activity