All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. MICHAELs TopForce17

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

@Peter_B Vintage bush devil and super blackfoot use the same wheel just different colours. For non tamiya hpi 2.2 truck super star wheels fit. Hopefully others know more.
  3. yogi-bear

Home Made Vac Former - Forming RC bodies

cheers Alex, keen to see how you go with those bodies too, make sure you post pictures yeah, still think I am way behind I've been planning more upgrades to that vac former and bought the parts about 2 years ago. Lots of solenoids and other controllers etc to help automate it. Plus I've got further plans on the heating elements and clamps. I have resigned myself to the fact that it won't happen too soon, but I will get to it. The next year or so will also see me building a new house with a much better workshop, and that will help immensely. Should be much better setup and organised.
  4. Today
  5. Jonathon Gillham

Pairing Tamiya RC car with FlySky FS-I6??

I've had the same problem with the FSi6, trying to work out which channel does what. It works great though and they have a lot of cool functions - we made a tank out of banggood bits and the tx really makes it, just fiddly to set up. I like the Futaba 6K which to me looks really reasonable (about NZD300 so 150 quid) but it has all the same functions as the FSi6. Which Futaba set have you been looking at?
  6. Grastens

Fenix Classique 70

Does this mean we will see a Lotus 72 in a few years? I can hardly wait for that!
  7. Yesterday
  8. Juggular

How do you remember stuff?

Congratulations! I hope your new job turns into the best thing you've done. Staying curious helps. Ask yourself why they are doing things in a certain way. "Why we do it this way?" They might not even know why..."I don't know, this is how we do things here." That's not helping. Don't ask if they get annoyed with you. What can you do? But in trying to figure out why, you end up remembering more. Taking a note sounds good. One other thing I might suggest is to look over the note right before you go to bed. It doesn't have to be a thorough study. Just skimming over would do. The rest, your brain will take care of when you sleep. There were a lot of researches into this.
  9. Peter_B

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

One of those "wasn't looking for one but couldn't resist the chance" purchases... Is in fairly decent shape at first glance. Needs a bit of a clean and a set of bearings. Tyres feel a bit stiff so will be on the lookout for another set of wheels that I can fit alternative tyres to. What wheels fit these?
  10. I finally managed to get a new job. The old job was killing me mentally and physically leaving me with precious little self confidence. Its going to take awhile to get that back. I'm happy with my new employment and I want to do well there. Its still blue collar, hands on, but it is a definite shift from my original field. At my age (mid 40's) its a big change with a lot of new things to learn. So does anybody have any suggestions for absorbing and retaining large amounts of new information? I just don't retain things as good as I did in my teens and 20's if I'm not doing them on a daily basis. Currently, I listen closely while being trained and then try to copy all I can remember into a notebook on break time so I at least have notes to go back to. Any other tips? I never thought I'd make a career change at this stage in life, but its ultimately for the better.
  11. Jason1145

Sonic Fighter Parts needed

I think I got one of the yellow nuts and maybe the black switch mount, lemme look tomorrow. Box Art SF?
  12. RCvet

My midlife crisis backyard RC playground

Give in to the temptation!
  13. 78Triumph

LOL! I've been watching tons of garden railway videos on Youtube lately. It's soooo tempting!
  14. Thanks guys. I did eventually work out the Ch3 and Mode settings after I wrote the second post... ....but what a newbie error! I followed the motor-to-esc wiring diagram in the TL-01 manual, instead of what is obviously a new revision in the ESC manual, ie yellow to yellow....duh... What makes it even dafter is that I did it right in the first build, an M-05. Anyway, all is now working and thanks to all for their kind assistance.
  15. Incredible_Serious

Home Made Vac Former - Forming RC bodies

You're way behind? I only just cut out the first of the sample shells you sent through to me years ago!!!! Trust me mate, you're doing better than some of us! This thread is probably the only one I'm still watching on TC, which is a fair indication of how in awe I am at your efforts so far...... so keep up the good work! Alex
  16. J@mes

Tamiya 58044 mitsubishi pajero

Old school Pajero, great truck! It's fascinating seeing the familiar chassis & parts and their evolution through the models. I was looking through the manual and found it cool seeing the hump battery position & how the body incorporates it, held in place with rubber bands! There were several rubber bands in this model by the look of it.
  17. Thingiverse is a good place to find stuff. I upload all my open source robot/toy bits.
  18. Shapeways is the biggest marketplace, search on there for "Madcap" and youll see everything that is printable there. There is no universal way to search every site.
  19. RCvet

Please add a garden train to complete this utopia.
  20. Awesome. Simply awesome. The way the proportions all work out, awesome.
  21. 78Triumph

Thanks! I started making a mix of peat moss and really course sand to spread over the layout and let fill in the cracks and gaps between some of the rocks. I like the look of it too. Untitled by Joe, on Flickr Untitled by Joe, on Flickr Things are really greening up! I love this time of year! by Joe, on Flickr Untitled by Joe, on Flickr Plenty more to come. I'm re-routing a small section of the rally stage so I'll be working on that soon too. It's so nice not to be trapped inside anymore from the winter!
  22. Hobgoblin

I've got a Screwfix order to pick up for works tomorrow I'll see what's about. The de solv it brand seems hard to track down these days. Got a Graff cleaner that is apparently polycarb safe coming, the brand slips my mind. Great advice on the tires, I will be having a crack at that to see what I can do (puts me off buying a brat for a minute!) That would be fantastic if you have a mount Kev, you absolute star. PM incoming! H
  23. Cephas

Finished Madbug

It’s a DF02 with alloy upgrades, drive train is mostly metal out of the box, so a bit more robust. 1/8 rear shocks, I made an alloy plate for the rear shock tower and upgraded the u pin in the rear with 3.16mm piano wire. Both ideas from YouTube. Motor is brushless 5400kv, will have to see how drive train holds up.
  24. J@mes

Fly Sky FS-GT3B

thanks for the input guys. @DK308 It was from ebay and all those niceties go out the window on a cheap import. Makes a good case for good old fashioned shop bought doesn't it? @Jugglar You are thinking along the same line as me. Although I am very aware I will most probably not succeed & have a pile of bits at the end so I'll wait til the replacement shows up before I 'repair' it
  25. KEV THE REV

Give the tyres a good scrub with a nail brush and soap , dry them off and give them a good coating of glycerin and put them in plastic bag for a couple of days to let it soak in , then wipe off and buff up . I've also used 1:1 car tyre dressing and a buff up in the past . ** I've got a new A8 MSC mount you can have , just PM me your address and I'll post it to you
  26. graemevw

Vanquish rebuild

I have a new gearbox metal plate and all new hardware i could have used, but im trying to keep as much original as possible. Ill keep all the original parts together so it can be put back 100% stock if i ever want to. I e decided im probably going to run this though hence the upgrades.
  27. graemevw

Vanquish rebuild

Completely forgot i was supposed to be documenting this! Its been a real struggle deciding how to build it. In the end i went with gold uprights, hi caps, bearing steering and steering turnbuckles and the dyna tech. I have the ball diffs but built it with gear diffs. I have rere universals but kept the stock front universals and rear dog bones. I decided against using rere egress chassis plates but will work on some carbon parts for this later. It obviously has full bearings throughout. I have some avante front metal ball ends for the top links, i may fit them, unsure if its worthwhile.
  1. Load more activity