All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Don79

Recommended kit

Thanks for the tips! What about battery size, what fits as far as the DT-03 goes? And is a 17t pinion the pinion of choice with a sports tuned and 2S Lipos?
  3. Thanks, might do. But I have 380 motors in my box and I like to recycle!
  4. Today
  5. They rereleased the set a while ago. Should be easy to get now from most shops selling Tamiya stuff
  6. LeftyAl

So, What Have You Done Today?

Did an ESC swap on the TYB's WW2 and then decided I should put in the replacement rear shock tower for his DT-03. It has been running on a bush fixed rear tower for 18 months, so though it was about time to replace it. I kept the repaired one just in case.
  7. Why not just install a crawler motor those are available for approx 10€ Something with 45T upwards.
  8. max69vk

The Day eBay Killed RC

Depends where you’re buying from, with UK £ being so weak at the moment even with the GSP included the UK prices are great for anyone buying outside the UK. Obviously it works both way depending on how the exch rates are at the time. I’ve bought & sold across the globe & in all honesty I never would have found 90% percent of the rare parts I needed if they weren’t on ebay. When selling as a rule I make a point of being as honest/critical as possible of the item I’m selling & always take clear pictures - That way the buyer is under no illusions about what they’re getting, & it diffuses them trying to argue the toss about anything at a later date. I’ll also always package properly (possibly a bit over the top) taking pictures along the way, & will only ever send by insured/tracked services - Thankfully I’ve only ever had to claim once & as a result of all the photo evidence it was paid out within 10 days. Of the couple of times I’ve had a buyer trying it on, I’ve stuck to doing everything through ebay & provided whatever has photo evidence been required resulting in both cases being awarded in my favour. Mot might seem a pain, but even as a private seller you need to think like a business to cover your own backside as a ‘just in case’.
  9. nbTMM

The Day eBay Killed RC

Also, allegedly the GSP warehouse selectively open and re-pack items where they feel they can reduce the dimensions of the package to save cost. If it's a fragile item that requires significant packing material to protect it, avoid GSP at all costs because they might remove all the packing material and shove it into a smaller box.
  10. Peter_B

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

Yesterday a couple of sets of parts to build 2 Manta Ray gear diffs arrived. These are destined to be fitted into my Top Force before the Iconic Revival. Not for any performance reasons but just to guard against the ball diffs grenading themselves on the day
  11. hanzo

Nice! Perfect to my eyes. Did you use a loupe?
  12. Grumpy pants

Oh and I bought a used vintage Kyosho Beetle yesterday which I’m really excited about 😊 Can’t afford it or justify it, but it is my birthday week after next 🙈
  13. Still hoping this part might turn up...
  14. Tizer

TB Evo 3 Surikarn build

As the cilinders are red too, I think they are re-anodized. At least the cilinders are anyway. I do have some red spring retainers I could add to it
  15. Grumpy pants

At long last finished my 2nd set of Scorcher wheels this morning-not perfect but not to shabby either 👍
  16. LeftyAl

The Day eBay Killed RC

Agree with missing the LHS. I spent $1,000s in my one when I started on this slippery ride 25 yrs ago. Had a lot to learn and the staff knew their stuff and helped me a lot with making informed decisions on what gear to buy and helping with option/spare parts. They had copies of the popular Tamiya manuals under the counter and really knew their product.None of this let me check the computer crap, they just knew. Sadly that shop shutdown last year, was too hard for them to compete.They started as purely an RC shop, but over the years had to bring in other toys and stuff to keep the place afloat. My best memory is getting a $500 gift voucher from work (20 yrs ago). I went into the LHS and said I need to spend $500 on parts and goodies. The receipt was nearly a foot long by the time I finished.
  17. wolfdogstinkus

Tamiyaclub.com The Documentary

I see you might be in the Midlands. I'd be happy to travel to take part. Currently have clodbuster, WR02 vw wheelie, the qd thunder dragon speed run car a NIB Porsche 40th anniversary. And my boys each have a lunchbox. Be good to get the views of a 5 year old and 7 year old.
  18. DK308

Recommended kit

If you get a Neo, get a low profile servo. Not a lot of room between body and steering servo. I ha e this in mine. Perfect fit and speed. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigytm-tgy-4409md-ds-mg-servo-9-45kg-0-11sec-44g.html I found that a standard servo will rub on the body, and eventually rub through the paint.
  19. MadInventor

What are these?

I think it's to stop the joint cups spreading when using powerful motors, or just to help prevent dirt ingress into the slots in the drive cups.
  20. Peter_B

What are these?

They look to be sleeves to fit over the diff out drives of Hotshot series cars. No idea what the purpose would be though.
  21. kalsh

What are these?

Found these it a box of parts but have no idea what model they are for or brand? Sorry can’t work out picture as took it on IPad and can’t seem to rotate it to correct orientation.
  22. kalsh

The Day eBay Killed RC

Global shipping programme I avoid if at all possible as it appears to be a rip off......well at least most of the time
  23. ThunderDragonCy

Recommended kit

Big fan of the DT03. Just get some full size car adhesive wheel balance weights off ebay for a few quid and get as many as you can in the front duribg the build (some will go in slots in the front of the tub before you pht them together). Get 50-70 grams around the front, and if you want get some stiffer rear springs (you need around 2.6-2.8lb rate) and some feont tyres aporopriate for the surface you are running it will be sweet!
  24. nowinaminute

The Day eBay Killed RC

Sometimes people enlist in ebays "global shipping program" which means they just send the item to ebay and ebay themselves deal with the international part. The problem is they just seem to randomly generate the shipping cost using some algorithm which can either be very reasonable or ridiculously expensive. I sold a few things GSP before and it's so random it's ridiculous. I've seen people pay $20 to have an entire RC car delivered and then other people pay $60 to have a single tyre shipped, no idea how ebay come up with those prices. If they are using GSP, it might be worth contacting the seller to see if they would be willing to post it to you themselves which would probably work out cheaper.
  25. nowinaminute

The Day eBay Killed RC

Same here. I've probably sold a few thousand things over the past decade or so and there's been maybe 5 occasions where a buyer has tried to rip me off. Send everything by recorded delivery and avoid selling items like phones and games consoles and you're usually fine, those two tend to be the items where you get the most scammers trying to send you back totally different (and broken) items. In terms of buying, I've never had a problem that wasn't resolved to my satisfaction. Anything that didn't arrive, I was refunded for. Anything that wasn't as described I was able to return or get a refund for. I even once got an RC truck from America via the "global shipping program" which got broken in transit. Because ebay take responsibility for the international leg of the shipping, I was refunded, got to keep the item and the seller got to keep their money too. It has always been 99% positive for me, you do get the occasional knob 'ed who tries it on but if anything, it only seems like a drama when it happens because it's so rare and out of the norm.
  26. Doc Hollywood

For sale tamiya monster beetle tyres x4 used in UK

Hi all picture added
  27. Thanks for recommending the ESS sound system. How is the speaker on this one? If I go that rout, what would be your recommendation for the LED controller? I was thinking of trying out the Servonaut T24 rock crawler ESC on this.
  1. Load more activity