All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Mahjik

Tamiya Wheelie cars for a 3yr old child?

BTW, I am a little biased. While I don't own a Tamiya wheelie model (yet), every Wild Willy video I see online always makes me smile.
  3. Stefan(2)

So, What Have You Done Today?

Messed around with the FG's today some more , got the wheel hubs clear of old ... well.. grime.. Brakes of the Marder now also fixed ( cable disk brake this one have ) and cleaned up some small issue's , as the ball-connectors on the suspension arms where corroded a bit. ( not that bad, but those rust flakes did not help with a upcoming smooth drive of course. ( badword im happy i invested in ceramic bearings long ago btw, checked most , and "like new" ) And with that part.. it goes into Tamiya, as far i can remember.. my remaining models also all have ceramic bearings .. as far memory serves me. Wife gets increasing more annoyed by the re-found love..
  4. Jason1145

Thanks pal, so the WR02G might even have a slightly wider track than the WR02... might do one less roll over per battery pack Does that mean the smaller front wheels lower the ground clearance.. if so does it pose an issue for getting hung up stuck anymore than a WR02 would ( I think I'm being an over analysing dufus at this point in worrying about this 'performance' aspect on a Wheelie RC lol) Sweet I'd forgotten you can go slower than a silver can And another good point... too slow and it stops the only point if owning one for me... maybe a 30t motor might give wheelies. Yes I agree... I just ruled out the HPI offering
  5. Mahjik

Maybe, but it's hideous... I think the Tamiya wheelie cars also inspire 'fun' just from their looks.
  6. Peter_B

From experience of my lads Lunchbox, which he had at 3. To make it controllable for him, I had to swap the motor for a 60T crawler motor. That slowed it so he could control it, but it didn't have enough poke to pull any wheelies.
  7. Superluminal

XV-01 Help

Me too, hate them - I know they give adjustment but they are the worst bit of the build. Standard ones = sore busted thumbs Adjustable ones = never remembering which side has the LH thread, rounding off the tamiya spanner so it useless before its adjusted properly and having to apply so much torque on the now rounded off spanner to turn a thread inside the super tight ball cup that it pops off the ball. So you end adjusting it manually and getting sore busted thumbs. Maybe im missing a key set of skills for building turn buckles but have had similar issues on every build except the avante and egress as this has metal ball joints with a proper screw thread inside.
  8. Juggular

Started on painting 6 drivers. (I was going to paint shells, but outside was foggy with tree pollen. This can be done indoors.) 3 are Bigwig style guys with steering wheels. 1 is Grasshopper-style driver. 2 in the middle are just heads for Lexan shoulders. They are traditionally painted in bank-robber style. But I figure goggle-style looks less suspicious. The molding is done in such a way that it could be painted either way. I know I have a couple of Frog drivers, + the red helmet from Wild One. But I can't find them. Oh well, they'll turn up. I'll do eyebrows and eyes tonight.
  9. Bromley

A pink VLB would be my choice. Fit it with a 55-80 turn motor. Get some stickers and let her decorate it herself... Fit it with seats for Barbie and Teddy to ride along.
  10. TurnipJF

Almost - the WR-02G uses TLT tyres up front and WT-01 tyres at the back. These are taller and narrower than the WR-02 tyres and benefit from being spaced out slightly using G6-01 axles and 9mm or 10mm hexes otherwise they bind on the chassis rails with full compression of the rear suspension.
  11. Jason1145

Stick guides....😉😉😉 see you need guiding... consider the Comical Hornet the destination... good call
  12. Jason1145

Super. Ouch, just seen there's a HPI WheeliKing 4x4 that looks like it holds wheelies longer than anything Tamiya make!
  13. magnumb

Restoring plastic

If you are really daring might try a light sweep with a propane torch.
  14. Peter_B

Cy, are those stick guides available anywhere? My boys are showing interest in stick transmitters and the fs-i6 seems to be the only reasonably priced option (with model memory) that will work with their receivers. But the wibbly-wobbly nature of the sticks would be an added complication. Your guides looks just the job.
  15. Juggular

tble02s esc

Why don't you try cycling it? Fully charge, let it cool, drain, let it cool, fully charge again, let it cool, drain again, let it cool.... repeat the cycle 7-8 times. Sometimes NiMH can come alive --if it's only mostly dead. "There is big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. All dead, there is only one thing you can do." (Miracle Max)
  16. Today
  17. Playing around with fonts what do you think ?
  18. Selling this extremely powerful motor. Bought it for my short course truck, but I have sold that now. I have run it in the truck once and in my DT03T about 4 times. Its an animal! Don't let the low kv rating fool you. This 550 motor is a torque monster and easily equivalent to a 4500-5000kv 540 motors I have had. Would be awesome in a big, fast stadium or short course truck, or in f you just want to pull wheelies in a buggy! On the DT03 it's just a bit much. That much torque with no slipper is just going to wear out the gearbox. It is very, very fast even with no timing on the end bell or ESC. Turned up a little the car wheelies with no trouble, and simply refuses to get hot. The SCT flew with it installed and was pulling a massively higher gear than the 3650 motor it replaced because of the torque. I am running it with no trouble on a hobbywing 10bl120 ESC and 2S. As you can see I still have the box and instructions. It's a 5mm shaft and it will come with the 17t 32dp pinion pictured as I won't need it. I will take off the flying leads before sale. It was brand new to me cost over £60. They were 200 bucks new a few years ago in the USA. Keen to get £40 posted to the UK (will post overseas at cost - DM me) to cover getting a speed passion motor to replace it.
  19. Juggular

Battery choices

Welcome to Tamiya Club! Electricity is the same whether it comes from NiCd, NiMH, LiPo or LiFe. Only the voltage and the amp makes difference. Going from 7.2 to 7.4v isn't large enough to make difference. Motors can also use any battery. LiPos generally allow larger amp draw. If you have a faster motor, it could go faster. For a crawler, you would not have a low turn motor. So it won't make much difference on amp either. The real difference is --as Willy pointed out-- the ESC. ESCs have amp limit. But for a 2S 3C battery running a 27t motor would be just fine. But LiPos will Die, if it goes below certain voltage. That's why some ESCs have voltage cut-off. Tamiya's TBLE02S doesn't have a voltage cut off for LiPo. So, I would get a voltage alarm. (You can get a voltage alarm for $2 to $3). You can plug the balance lead to it. Other ESCs like Quicrun 1060, has a voltage cutoff, so you don't need an alarm. If you don't want to plug it every time, get a larger capacity LiPo like 4000mAh. Run it once, see how long it takes for the alarm to go off. If it takes 45 minutes to go off, run it only for 25 to 30 minutes. In conclusion, I would order a voltage alarm when I'm ordering the LiPo. A fireproof bag too (cheap ones are about $3-6). Good luck!
  20. ThunderDragonCy

Received the stick guides I designed and ordered for 3d printing through treatstock, so stuck them on my flysky fs i6 to stop stick wander. Worked a treat! Also after hanging my nose over various kits over the last few weeks looking for something a little different from my usual, I ordered a Comical Hornet. I blame @Jason1145!
  21. ThunderDragonCy

You are correct.
  22. Yeah, that's correct 👍
  23. Jason1145

I do like that Farm King! Have I got this correct CW01 (Lunchbox and Pumpkin) - 2WD WR02 - 2WD with 4 big same size tyres WR02G - 2WD with small front tyres and larger rears ( rears same size as WR02?) GF01 is 4WD with 4 big same tyres. If I get the above right I can start looking in earnest ( if he doesn't object lol)
  24. Thank you Scouser - I'm glad to be of help and inspiration! For info. I find the best thing to do after taking a few initial measurements, is to mock up what you want in cardboard (old cereal packets work well) and some masking or sticky tape, then if it all goes together they way you envisaged use those as templates for cutting your styrene sheet. Fortunately with this build [Desmond] most of the panels were flat, so they're easy to cut and glue together (again, masking tape works well to hold stuff while your super-glue or poly-cement dries). Adding an extra thickness and/or a brace piece of styrene underneath/out of sight can also help to boost rigidity of course. Have fun! Jenny x
  25. Proxik

Painted DT-03 Neo Fighter shell - the wing was kinda tricky and I end up aplying to much paint here and there. After that I started to build the chassis.
  26. Ha! You beat me to it. I've been thinking about a 2WD scaler for a while now, since I somehow ended up with one extra TLT axle. I'm leaning more towards 70's Class 8 Baja-style than working-class beater, though. Will be watching with interest, and trying hard not to let my inner pedantic nerd worry too much about the fact that Toyota 2WD trucks are all IFS...
  27. Hudson

Random boxart thoughts again

Never ever ever ever get bored of looking at these beauties.
  1. Load more activity