All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 78Triumph

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

The model canoe I scored on eBay for a really good price showed up today. It's 16" long and made of wood. It fits perfectly on top of my Defender roof! Untitled by Joe, on Flickr Untitled by Joe, on Flickr Untitled by Joe, on Flickr
  3. Today
  4. Rb4276

What 2s lipo fits egress/avante?

Thanks guys i actually found one, amain sells their brand protek 2s lipo stick which is made for the tamiya racing series and the same size as standard nimh. I will be ordering one of them
  5. Driver, window nets and Spotties done
  6. DK308

Slash 4x4 heat on 3s.

If this is the case, it sounds like you also need a better ESC. If you want to set it up for 3S and run it hard like an 1:8 scale, I'd do the following. Hobbywing EzRun Max 8 or Quicrun 8BL150 esc. TP Power 4030 6D motor. You can also step it down a notch, and go with the following. TP Power 3630 6D Hobbywing EzRun Max10 120 SCT esc Don't let the small size of the TP 3630 motor fool you. It's almost as powerful as a Leopard 4074 motor. If your ESC has gotten hot enough to melt the plastic, you will not change anything by just installing a larger motor with lower KV. It will still draw the amps as the motor is more powerful, which in turn means that the ESC gets too hot.
  7. Bromley

So, What Have You Done Today?

Met up with a couple of mates at my local model shop and spent the day building a drivers stand. Need some finishing touches, but overall looking good. Then proceeded to break my TT-02. Thankfully I got a loaner Hornet and raced against two Wild Ones!
  8. tamiya_1971

Traxxas Blazer!!!!!

I bought the TRX4 kit and it was a good build. I put a Jeep body on it. It climbs well!
  9. MICHAELs TopForce17

Traxxas Blazer!!!!!

A few aftermarket companies do make hard body kits for the trx4.
  10. mongoose1983

King Hauler Drag Truck

I like your work. The truck looks fantastic! It made me smile to see you source your cardboard just like I do. The stuff is perfect for laying out the design of custom parts! Keep up the good work!
  11. mongoose1983

Best colour for a Bullhead?

White wheels. Definitely.
  12. Mokei Kagaku

The Tamiya-related thing I did today: Visiting Laimerstadt, Lower Bavaria, where the Tamiya photographer M. Tokoi covered a NATO exercise 35 years ago
  13. Jason1145

Great suggestions chaps, this car'll still be macho... as macho as a toy car can be, so no kiddy enticing decals on it lol. I'm liking the black and silver contrast against Candy Red... now to decide on the wheel colour too... either red, white or silver.
  14. DK308

It's Japanese. It needs Hello Kitty stickers.
  15. Hobbimaster

Traxxas Blazer!!!!!

I just received my orange and white Blazer this week, its pretty amazing to look at. It may not be 100% accurate to scale, but so what? Its scale looking enough to me. Anyone old enough to remember the Chevy Blazer will recognize this truck. My plan is to run it on 3s lipo, and add the LED light kit when it becomes available. Yes, the shell is indeed lexan, so no hard bodies here. I suppose it would be easy enough to fit one up if desired. Traxxas used the same TRX-4 platform as with their other crawler rigs, with those portal axles your seeing on more of in other manufactures kits. My only gripe is Traxxas is still using those cheap little mirco servos for the 2 speed transmission, and diff lockouts. But Amain hobbies has some steel geared, digital ones, that are supposed to drop right in.
  16. That looks like it came from the factory like that, top job
  17. Been a while but things have moved along a little, first up body mounts This is how it sits on the truck and no body pins Then came lots of sanding filling more sanding more filling more primer more sanding you get the idea 🤣🤣 Needs a little more work yet but it’s getting there. Moon windows didn’t workout sadly I’ve not given up on them but can’t find anything that will give me the look I want 🥴
  18. GTodd

Decent track buggy

No worries not judging, cant tell you how many rear top force gearboxes Ive broken!
  19. Hi fella mt4 long gone got me a X Maxx and Mt410 to beat on nowadays 🤣🤣👍👍
  20. graemevw

Finished 2 rough and ready braces and the e clip arm hinge pins for the terra scorcher. Got the back rebuilt with new gearbox halves. Waiting for a little more 303 rod to make one last pin then i can do the front.
  21. nellyle

Decent track buggy

Haha, yeah, fair enough, i might have been a bit rough! All fixed now though, I did order a spare shock tower just in case!
  22. I have used a bunch of these in the past, and sometimes still do. They perform well and take a charge nicely. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-stick-pack-sub-c-4200mah-7-2v-nimh-high-power-series.html https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-stick-pack-sub-c-5000mah-7-2v-nimh-high-power-series.html
  23. markbt73

Traxxas Blazer!!!!!

It's Lexan. I saw one in person at the hobby shop the other day. It looks OK, but the proportions are not great. The wheel arches are too big, and the roof is too low. It looks better in photos than it does in real life. The wheels look pretty good, though.
  24. Well, i did keep my word I am back , took a bit ! *weard joke* the last car i ran , still is in the same spot where i left it 10ish years ago.. ( the tt01 bmw ) , its mangled.. 10 years of garage mess on it.. but.. i actually plan to run that first once i got the battery's / stuff sorted. sort of "return ride" Actually , that Leopard is still here. * unknown if it still works, as .. well.. there was a thingy with that .. * Years ago.. wife found the 2A6 , and .. being dusty and all.. She took it to the shower.. and cleaned it.. So, coming back from work.. she was amazed i was not that happy that the tank was "clean" .. I did dry it.. but never tried to fire it up after that.. If it still works.. ... that is a very good question ! Forgive my .. ignorance.. yet , do i understand correct.. as soon i get my old "bling" charger back working and i plug a thing like this back on : https://www.toemen.nl/etronix-accu-balancer-voltage-tester-discharger-p-40616.html?osCsid=0di8rqmgpm6781huk113v362e6 ( balancer ) .. its a lipo charger ? Or am i just totally missing the point now. This is the charger i actually did find back -> ( minus a working pc for it .. thats.. work in progress , if i can find a monitor somewhere ;p ) https://www.conrad.com/p/voltcraftalc-8500-expert-battery-charging-station-with-a-cable-loomcharging-station-chargeralc-8500-expert-fornicd-ni-200850 I also SHOULD still own a regular 12/220 fast charger , but so far have not been able to find it back. ( while, real life did got better for me/us , im still not in the position to go all out in ordering stuff )
  25. Proxik

Traxxas Blazer!!!!!

I actually thought that the trx4 defender is hard body but it seems that all of them are lexan bodies
  26. GTodd

Traxxas Blazer!!!!!

So I went oin the traxxas sire to look at the Xmaxx and their 1/5 stadium truck, I know Im behind the times but man that blazer looks AMAZING!!!! Any of you have one of these? Or atleast the chassis? Do any of them come with a hard body?
  27. Not yet luckily, supposedly it uses the same screw as the dn01 or trf 201 so i have a few. Though when it was slipping it was making a horrible noise until tightened up. It is now butter smooth
  1. Load more activity