All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. svenb

TB evo IV MS

Using tamiya components through out the build including all electrics, receiver is a TRU-02, a TEU302BK ESC, Super stock type RR motor, and double Zapped battery. Decided on a aluminium servo horn, no servo saver,ccheaper than a 51000.
  3. Hi, I'm after a rough rider/buggy champ body UK based. Any condition is fine, looking for cheap as possible to test out an idea. I know they're not exactly expensive or hard to find but save a few quid here and there adds up. Cheers!
  4. svenb

TB evo IV MS

Don't know where I got this servo from but I must be a lucky sausage because the correct part is broken allowing me to trim it and fit👍
  5. Yesterday
  6. Look closely on rear axle in picture I posted - rear damper is mounted directly to hinge pin. It is hinge pin with ball end, optional part for M06. I'm not sure what exactly it does, but it has some function, my guess is, that it makes damper action more linear with short M06 arms. M06 suspension is derived from TL01, so that ball-ended hinge pin should fit to TL01. Bolt could work, but you need one with long shack, otherwise it could damage hub.
  7. I bought the motor and esc from banzaihobby. Parcelforce did me for customs though, so another 18 quid was lumped on top! What style lipos fit? Ie shorty (like used for racing) or regular size?
  8. I was tempted by that to keep mine all Tamiya since RCMart have it for USD20 vs USD10 for the Yeah Racing motor mount, and about USD27 for the Tamiya motor mount on its own. How bad is the Manta Ray shaft that they have discounted the hopup so much? I decided it against it since the Tamiya wheel hexes are 3x the price of Yeah Racing and then I'd need Tamiya turnbuckles as well so mine is a mix, would probably have added $50 to the build to stay all Tamiya with no difference in performance
  9. Yes that should work, but why do you want to do it? 🤔
  10. yeah I think the proper screws are M2.6 or thereabout; they're an odd size I've never found anywhere other than T screw bags so that's all that can be used
  11. Its the obvious gap in Tamiya's lineup that was filled by the DB01 and the DN01 which are very long in the tooth now. The onroad side is nicely complete with various levels of F1 and Touring Car and it would be nice to see the offroad equivalent to the TA and TB series cars. Tamiya have stopped racing offroad now so its unlikely I think even though I would buy one in a heartbeat. As @ThunderDragonCy pointed out earlier, the TB05 type setup with different motor positions would be perfect to adapt to a buggy.
  12. Really nicely composed build photos & I love the ‘natural’ look, refreshing change to box art.
  13. I meant right out to the hinge pin on the c hub....so the star head screw in this pic. Puts the shock about a 45 degree angle. Thought a long M3 cap head bolt, a spacer and maybe a 5mm suspension ball that the bolt can go through and then a nut. Have CVA shocks, will a 5mm suspension ball fit?
  14. I'm definitely in the 'HotRodder' section..............
  15. Pulls up a chair and sips tea
  16. Is this what you mean? It's part 51436 or 54296. It should work with TL01, too.
  17. I would change the diffs to ball differentials from the TA03 chassis. They are working perfect with less resistance internally. Have done it on mine, that's a huge improvement in terms of handling as well.
  18. @Hobgoblin thats your old Blitzer body!!
  19. It’s getting there, installed the grille and rear window, along with the Ampro center servo mount, 13.5 Jrelecs BL motor, the TBLE-02 should be able to handle it, hopefully, and MIP Diff.....I’m dreading installing the LEDs😭
  20. HAHAH nice, brother!... I've spent 150.00 on the police lights already..... roof bar, rear window traffic advisor, controller and headlights/tailights to flash, blue/red wigwams on the push bar, blue and red flashers in the fog light holes as well. Also Mirror flashers, flashing tail lights, brake lights and backup lights, ally lights and take-downs, lmao.... Most likely side marker lights on the rear spoiler. The GT-4 has a high rise rear spoiler and it's gonna be one awesome police car.....oh and spot light, hahah. Right now I am learning on what I have to get and do, to make this happen. Just figuring out the lights and how they can be controlled is the hard part....I never done anything more than simple on/off headlights, but they have such great electronics these days, it shouldn't be too awful hard.
  21. The bruier is pretty darn accurate, the tire are a little exagerted but everything esle is pretty scale.
  22. There are (2) cars that Id like this year. A Black Special Clod or a TXT2 I havent quite decided yet, and a new modern Tamiya 4WD. Id love a TRF502 but they are a little expensive, The DB02 isnt available, and Id like a little more special then just a DB01 Durga. I went looking for a DB01RRR and they are all gone and people want stupid money for Rs and RRs. Are we getting a DB01RRRR or is there a new 4WD buggy on the horizon?
  23. Sometimes, when I pull full trigger on the radio and try to wheely one after another, the car just stopps and the ESC beeps than it runs just fine after a few seconds. I use it with the stock motor and four AAs. Is it just the normal power lack that some of you wrote? I use TBLE-02s esc with the lipo cutoff turned off...
  24. This is my work in progress Brat basher. Lots more to do including highlighting etc. The paintwork is mat black, with the truck bed remaining gloss. (the pictures are terrible, so hard to see). Ive dropped some transparent Tamiya stars on the bonnet, just playing around really. I need to get some black wheels or paint these, white doesn't look right with black imo.
  25. For screws check out Team KNK. They do full sets of stainless hardware and importantly they have the right degree of countersinking for the RC10. They are US based though and the shipping price they quote on the website seems expensive. But when they ship they refund the difference between what you paid and what it actually cost to ship. At least they did when I ordered from then. There's also the risk of import duty etc but you do get plenty of screws.
  26. I am loving this!!! The Turbo Burns and Burns DX are among the large list of wish I had the money as a kid to buy!
  1. Load more activity