All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. A bunch of torx titanium screws arrived today. I hope they work better than stainless steel!
  3. I forgot to mention, I'm in Manila, not the provinces.
  4. I bash around my RC cars in the Philippines. I was wondering whether there is anywhere I can race my onroad and offroad cars. If not, I'll start my own club with some of my friends.
  5. Plenty of scope for upgrades, look forward to seeing where you take it. Remember that the yeah racing GF01 long arm kit from yeah racing drops straight on. lots of gf01 hopups fit. I believe the shock towers for m03 from fiber lite may fit, these help stop the chassis spreading letting dirt into the gearbox. Or you can use the Tamiya gf01 alloy braces. Tamiya did make a brace that went on with TL01LA sway bars.
  6. Pablo68

NiB

Not my thing really. NiB are invariably expensive too. I like to experience the brand new freshly opened kit, but then I'm a dirty little whore for building them. Can't stop myself. It usually starts with me playing with the wheels and tires, it's all over after that.
  7. Yesterday
  8. skinned

NiB

Is it a sand scorcher or a frog?
  9. Thanks for the suggestions. All worth looking into. @NobbySideways - thanks for the offer. I may be in touch. @willyChang - I hadn't realised there were wifi/bluetooth receivers. I'll look at whats available. Michael
  10. @ThunderDragonCy there’s a few of us on here!
  11. I’ve been looking forward to this since you first teased us with the mention of the 306 shell
  12. More things arrived. I made brass sleeves for the front and rear long swing arm pins (was going to push washers on both ends but doing the far end was too annoying so they only ended up with them at one end). Looks like I can use the E clip versions on the back but not on the front since the metal A5 protection bracket makes it too long for them to fit. Replaced both F1 and F2 since when trying to get the steering arms to go on/off the brass balls they broke, had obviously already been damaged earlier. Put the bumpers on (partly broken rear bumper that came with it for now, shapeways order has arrived but might as well use this one for the moment). Shocks are done and on (increased the viscosity of the oil in the front as well as adding the now arrived preload adjusters). Replaced the balls and rubber tube with real ball ends. Put the rest of the electronics in as well some some random Carson desert wheels I had kicking around to road test it outside my house (since tarmac wears those pinspikes down in no time and the 4WD oval block rears hadn't arrived yet - Boomerang tyres were what I used on my Thunder Shot mostly). It ran pretty well with the sport tuned motor and 15T (steel) pinion. The steering and the suspension need some more tweaks... can't remember exactly what I did to stop the steering oscillating a bit when driving straight with all the play in the front. Shimmed where I can but there isn't a huge amount you can do there. Cleaned up the body/wing that came with it and added some re-enforcement tape on the inside. Going to put the reproduction decals on this one... what's good for a clear coat for spraying over the top to protect decals on polycarb?
  13. That's going to be a nice TL01 ! I will keep an eye on this maybe some extra inspiration for my undead rwd TL01 😂
  14. Bromley

NiB

Build it already....jeez. NiB...sorry just don't get it.🤔 Must admit I do like getting all those lovely smelling new parts out, reading the manual cover to cover and then adding to the kit with all the lovely little hopups. Then and only then, when all necessary parts are obtained will the build start. But just shelving new kits.....🤯
  15. I'll play. 2wd or 4wd?
  16. Hi just received awesome F150 ranger from eBay but missed a battery cover for the tranny anyone have spare they could help me with please?
  17. taffer

NiB

What kit is it!??????🤣
  18. Seen a set of these for a good price and was wondering if anyone has tried these? As i know the gpm stuff is generally good. Was just looking as an alternative to the cva minis set up. Sean
  19. Tamiya has some great RC cars and the WR02 serie cars are all about fun and wheelies. This is a double build, one new one and one conversion from a Tamiya WR02 Wild Willy into a Tamiya WR02C Honda City Turbo.
  20. The mentions of Maplin in this thread is a bit sad now I had one at work and used it often for rc stuff, nothing gets 20 years of stale fag odor and rancid grease like a 30m blast with dish soap.
  1. Load more activity