All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Truck Norris

Wanted tamiya vectra bodyset

This one? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORIGINAL-TAMIYA-KAROSSERIESATZ-JTCC-HKS-OPEL-VECTRA-A-300084229-1-10-KLAR/401563745090
  3. Prescient

Tamiya Bruiser

I had one of these in one of my TXT-2s and Clods. Very easy to install but the speaker quality was average. I hooked up a battery powered portable speaker by splicing the 3.5mm jack cable to the connector. Seriously loud using something like this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Wireless-Portable-Distortion-Hands-free-Rose-Gold/dp/B074TJ94VK/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?keywords=portable+speaker&qid=1558734172&s=gateway&sprefix=portable+&sr=8-7 The hobbyking version of this unit is the cheapest and they are all the same just different sticker on the front. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/simulated-sounds-system-manual.html
  4. 90s vectra bodyset and wheels required to complete my restoration. Any condition considered. Thank you
  5. Looking for recommendations on a brushless motor and esc for my Tamiya Boomerang. It will be used for racing so want something reliable. Am not much cop at soldering so ideally want something thats plug and play. Bear in mind the buggy will be getting quite modified over time, plus Ive driven plenty of powerful set ups that out do the chassis in terms of class and I haven't had any failures due to my careful input.
  6. Today
  7. graemevw

Vanquish rebuild

I didnt really even hit anything. Grip rolled once or twice but nothing bad. Back wheel buckled worst surprisingly. I guess thats 'lightweight' for you!
  8. ThunderDragonCy

Vanquish rebuild

Yikes! Worth knowing! I always run 2.2 at the trqck to get the cut staggers on the front for a good balance. I only run my egress wheels razzing about on grass parks.
  9. graemevw

Lunchbox wheel wobble

Tire glue and cloth tape is a good call. I could probably use the same technique to try and balance them. I tried turning them on the wheels but it didnt make any difference. If i can get wheel adapters that actually sit square i think that would make a huge difference. I may even try making some.
  10. markbt73

Lunchbox wheel wobble

One thing to try that's free is to rotate the wheels 180 degrees inside the tires. Sometimes just that can fix a balance problem, or at least minimize it. If you have a heavy spot in a tire, and it's "in phase" with the wobble of the wheel, the wobble will be more pronounced. If you can move the heavy spot around, sometimes it will cancel out a wobble. If you're serious about speed, though, eventually you'll have to use something other than the standard Lunchbox wheels. You'll want something stiffer, lighter, and truer-running, with lower profile tires on them. The soft floppy Lunchbox wheels and tires just aren't meant to spin that fast...
  11. DK308

Lunchbox wheel wobble

I have balanced mine with balancing clay. The tyres I belted with kevlar fabric that I glued to the inside using the type of glue one also use for bicycle inner tube repair. Lightweight, cheap and strong. I have a set of chrome Midnight Pumpkin wheels and they are pretty true. So are the yellow set that came in the box. After balancing it runs very smooth, and the glued in kevlar which covers the whole of the tyre inside, really helps the tyre retain its shape.
  12. graemevw

Vanquish rebuild

I like the jc racing 2.2 optima wheels, might try some of them one day. I think the vanquish could pull off 2.2 wheels.
  13. graemevw

Vanquish rebuild

I do, but a couple of laps of the track and they developed a significant buckle! Might drop them in some hot water, see if they pull back, but i guess they will do it again.
  14. ThunderDragonCy

Vanquish rebuild

I love my egress wheels, but it's 2.2 all the way on everything else!
  15. Aerobert

Porsche 911 rally TT02

This car is looking really cool. How robust are the bumpers? I would be afraid to destroying them when I use the car. Regarding the rally lamps you maybe should try enamelled copper wire (I hope you know what I mean). This is available in very small diameters and also in black colour.
  16. graemevw

Lunchbox wheel wobble

It has become apparant im going to need to get my lunchbox wheels running true. It has 3 issues i can see. The wheel adapters dont sit square, even brand new ones (axles are straight). This makes the wheels wobble. The wheels arent true, never have been from new, so this adds wobble. The tyres are not balanced (i know this is common). The combination of all 3 means the new high rpms are shaking it to bits. Has anyone overcome these issues? I remember seeing alloy wheel adapters somewhere, are they any good? I can probably straighten the wheels but they will probably go back the same, might try and reinforce them somehow? I tried taping the tyres to get them balanced but it wasnt working. Has anyone removed or added weight to try and get them better? I guess i need to stop them balloning too, but i cant get tape in them nicely. I know a few people are running daft spec lunchies so i cant be the first person needing to sort this.
  17. Turbotom

Tamiya ta 02 vintage racer

Hi I've got a fully hopped up chassis and every spare part for these classics! I use to race it competitvely back in the 90s.......... I've recently got back into racing at my local club......... racing has changed lol. The question I'm asking is does anyone have a good set up for indoor polished wooden floor? Just some basics so then I can fine tune from there. The class I run in only allows tamiya brushed motors and nicad! Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you!!!
  18. graemevw

Vanquish rebuild

I have some full spikes on egress wheels, but i think ill slim the avante fronts and put them on those. I like the egress wheels, but they bent the first time i used them! The super astutes front wheels were bent from new, my lunchbox wheels arent straight either. Im rapidly of the opinion tamiya wheels are rubbish! These manta ray wheels ticked all the boxes, cheap, look like they should stay in shape, simple looking, cheap, 2", non offensive colour, 12mm hex and cheap. If they dont buckle the first time i use them ill be happy.
  19. ThunderDragonCy

Vanquish rebuild

If you run on grass or soft surfaces i have found the 2" CAT Full Spike rear has more grip than the mini spike so it ev3ns out the balance on these oversteering vintage buggies. They balanced out my Thunder Dragon really nicely. Part number on full spikes are T650
  20. ThunderDragonCy

Vanquish rebuild

No, the Manta Ray wheels are 2". Schumacher have kept making the CAT Blocks for that size and more recently released a 2" version of the modern minispike. Schumacher part numbers are U6849 and u6850.
  21. Scott_CT

The Day eBay Killed RC

I have started gathering parts to do a restoration on my Striker. After searching every eBay site I could think of I only 1 B parts tree and with shipping it is $40.50 usd. It is killing me to pay that much but since the seller is apparently the only one with one I guess I don’t have a choice. I was able to pick up a couple parts for 85% below their BIN price so I guess things will even themselves out in the end.
  22. ruebiracer

Vanquish rebuild

Looking good! So the Schumacher tires are still 2,1 size wheels, right?
  23. graemevw

Brushless lunchbox gearing

Looking at the vibration again, the tyres are so out of balance the wheels are bending the gearbox case at anything over 1/2-2/3 throttle. Guess id better try and sort that!
  24. Stefan(2)

Environmental Impact of our hobby.

Confirming the manual should only be consulted when : It does not work It does not fit Strange sounds come out And indeed, it started to smoke and now it does not work
  25. graemevw

Brushless lunchbox gearing

Just did a quick systems check and it looks like this is going to be a bit nuts 😎 I havent really managed to give it proper full throttle with the wheels off the ground as it ballons one tyre more than the other and feels like its going to shake itself to bits. It still pops wheelies in the kitchen even with the 18t. This is going to be fun! Luckily i havent glued the rear tyres yet so ill tape the insides first as the tyre foams cant keep the tyres under control. Looks like this may need a locked diff afterall, anything that provokes a bit of understeer might be a good thing anyway!
  26. Still here ;p yup, remember, i had the 2e (?) edition of your trailer for a long time behind a Volvo custom truck Last time i heard that chassis is still going to truck meets / shows . Tank track is now gone, and turned into a bunny-run , however .. still tank accessible So far, there is even some progress on the tank - issue , might be able to get a spare T-07 / tank / ish to be able to repair it. Its a work in progress , not giving up that fast . Poor poor waterboarded tank
  27. Juggular

Brushed motors and 'sparks'

Yep, that much is nothing to worry about.
  1. Load more activity