All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Don79

Recommended kit

Yeah me too, feel a little stupid for not looking inside the box but figured I'd wait until I got ahold of Tamico bit eventually I gave in. My biggest problem with buying an ESC would have been the extra soldering. If the plasma Edge works out I can see myself getting a Neo fighter or something as well so that I can race my son. One thing at a time though!
  3. Today
  4. TurnipJF

the rubber on ESC melted

If a connector is bent or out of shape, it doesn't make proper contact and has more resistance than it should. Resistance leads to heat buildup, which will discolour and eventually melt the rubber like you have seen here. Since you say it was difficult to connect, chances are it was out of shape. This is not uncommon with stock Tamiya motor connectors. The way to remedy it is to either solder the ESC leads straight to the motor if you don't plan on removing it often, or replace the connectors with a more reliable system such as bullets for example if you plan on frequent motor swaps.
  5. Looking to buy ONE of the springs used in the steering assembly. It’s part BR1 in the pic. If you have one, let me know what you want for it. I’m in San Diego, California 92108. Thanks
  6. okay, i have a legitimate problem. today i went out to drive my car, and all of a sudden it stopped. where did i go wrong? days ago i noticed that bit turning orange, however i shrugged it off and thought it was normal, however the other connecting point did not change color. is this normal, and how can i fix it? i should also probably mention that the blue and green wires connected easily, but i always had to use a bit of force to connect and disconnect the yellow wires. how and why this happened, any explanation would be greatly appreciated as well on how to prevent this in the future. this is a TBLE-02S and i run a torque tuned motor. thank you for any reply at all.
  7. ACCEL

AMG IRON PANTHER

Mission Control We Have A Go.................................................................
  8. mtbkym01

Custom Blitzer Mog

This is very cool
  9. Yesterday
  10. DK308

Recommended kit

Your gearbox is working correctly. The grab the shaft with no wheel and turn it. I'm sure the other wheel will turn the opposite direction. If you grab the shaft firmly and gently apply throttle, the wheel will turn. The differential in the LB is extremely loose, so it does not need much resistance to send all the power to one wheel. That's what's going on when there's no wheel on one side. Glad you found your ESC.
  11. Jonathon Gillham

Is this real? GF01 Monster Beetle...

Interesting views here. If you look at Tamiya's releases over the last few years they have completelt refreshed their onroad line up, TA07, TB05, M07, M08, TRF419XR, TRF103, TB Evo 7, TA07MS (really is a new chassis). Thats pretty impressive to have come out with 7 (or 8 counting the TA07MS) new models in that time, all of which are competitive at their intended level. They don't follow the XRay naming convention where they release a new model every year, when in reality there are minor changes on the XRays and Tamiya have done this anyway with TRF419, TRF419X etc. Then they have the very successful TT02, and lets face it, the only way to really change these cars is with a new body. Yes they have the S, R, Drift, RR variants too. While I'm not a fan it is getting people into the hobby, and here in NZ its been adopted as an entry level race class which is well supported. They do need to refresh the off road line up though, no question. The TT02B and DT03 platforms are very basic, and DB01 and TRF cars are old and who knows when the parts will dry up. So all the comical releases, wheelys and parts bin specials are in addition to the development of their onroad line up, so they are doing a lot and appealing to a wide range of people. I won't buy the comical releases etc but the TA07MS, TRF419XR, TRF103 and TB05 are all appealing. Not that they will ever get signed off.
  12. nowinaminute

That's what I was thinking, either sliding or just two lots of screw holes and using one lot gives a straight angle and the other gives a little kickup.
  13. ACCEL

AMG IRON PANTHER

Winter is over, and Eleanor has come out of her den.................................
  14. speedy_w_beans

So, What Have You Done Today?

Nope Racing strikes again. I went to install their adjustable motor mount in my TT02, and the screw spacing doesn't match the face of my motor. I've had zero problems with this motor in other cars, so I'm guessing they got it wrong. I guess I need to measure it and break out some files.
  15. Theibault

You do realize ALL RCs are toys right?
  16. berman

Pacific Green Grand Hauler

Liking that Pacific green, doesnt look too far off GM's Bright Teal Metallic πŸ‘ As above, I would extend a flatbed orif you are feeling spendy a low loader from rc4wd.
  17. wolfdogstinkus

Surely the WT chassis could have had a sliding fitment on the chassis for more adjustability. Not sure it would provide the angles needed but did think about it when building the 6x6. So you could slide the whole gearbox inside chassis, then tighten in desired position, or have different mounting holes for different terrain. If any of that makes sense.
  18. TurnipJF

As long as Tamiya continue to also bring out innovative racing chassis like the M-07 and M-08, I don't mind if they also bring out parts bin toys like this. I'm not going to buy one, but I'm sure many people will, and if that means that the company continues to survive in the current economic climate, that can only be a good thing for all of us.
  19. nowinaminute

That's definitely a big part of it, the Stampy, slash and bandit etc all have prominent kickup along with the aforementioned HSP. Even the ancient Stampede forerunner, the sledgehammer has it. The symmetrical chassis system was a cool idea but it they had no choice but to give it totally level arms. And like you say, it gets squirrely at high speeds on the grey stuff because it lacks the inherently stability that kickup can offer. It also effects things at higher speeds off road because the lack of kickup makes it more prone to leaving the ground when it hits bumps. I guess maybe they could have given 2 different mounting angles for the entire gearbox so that the front could be mounted at a slight angle and the rear straight, maybe that would have helped. Interestingly, my tl-01b suffers the same issues but for different reasons, because it started off as an on-road chassis I assume they logically decided that responsive steering and agility was a higher priority than stability and bump handling.
  20. wolfdogstinkus

This body clips on at front and screws down at back. Why put body clips on? Another 4 holes in a body that didn't need it, could've just put a magnet on back. And it still has the big chunk of plastic that was used as a front clip on the qd chassis? Is this Tamiya USA doing this?. Or Tamiya Japan?
  21. tamiya monkey

Tamiya Junkies Meets in South Yorkshire

Hi all not posted on here for a while, but the meets are still going strong and member numbers have been increasing. Come over to our facebook page and take a look at what we've been getting upto.
  22. mtbkym01

New Tamiya Monster Beetle Black edition.

Looks like the chassis is black also πŸ‘
  23. ChILd_ReBoRn

CC01 build up..

I've cut up an old fridge magnet and put some random stickers from a washing machine certificate good thing the trailer is made of steel...
  24. TwistedxSlayer

This chassis.... just with any other body please. I'm really not a fan of it sorry to say.
  25. I'm looking to race the hilux at my local indoor club, trouble is its polished wooden floor...... my buggies and touring cars use schumacher mini pins, what's available for the hilux/king cab???? Can anyone point me in the right direction please. Thank you
  26. Hi all! Today I managed to finish my Bullhead, which isn't quit a Bullhead anymore or at least at present. The Bullhead body is still in his box and waiting for a decision of me how to go on with it. But for now I'm very happy how it comes out. As I was not sure what to do colour-wise with the Bullhead, I've ordered a Proline 1980th Chevy Blazer body and choose a (at least for me) complex paintt job. It started with the name of the truck. As I wanted a 80th/90th-style Monster Truck and all of them have a name, I've chosen - in dependence on the Blazer model K5 - the name High 5 to refer to the big tires. The name is borrowed from a t-shirt I've bougth from Blipshift which shows a raised K5. The name was printed mirrored on a masking sheet and painted in four steps with airbrush acrylic paint. Also the window seal of the front window and the doors were painted black. After that I've painted the lower part of the body with Tamiya PS-42 translucent yellow and the upper part of the body with PS-45 translucent purple. All was backed with Tamiya PS-41 bright silver. The front bumper were painted in PS-48 silver anodized aluminium. After that the whole body was backed with PS-5 black. I've never painted a body with so many steps and that extensive masking. Here are some picture of the finished truck: Also made the maiden run of the truck this afternoon in the backyard. My wife tried to make some "action" pics which which wasn't so easy as the truck is much faster than expected with silber cans and a Nimh battery. I think they are pretty good. It's funny to drive this truck as it bouncing around and the steering is is doing what it likes. But it was great fun and my little daugther tried to chase it. That's all for now. I hope you like it.
  27. Grumpy pants

So, What Have You Done Today?

Fitted my wiper blades, listed some bits on eBay and my spare SS body set was collected tonight by its new owner.
  1. Load more activity