All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ha! You beat me to it. I've been thinking about a 2WD scaler for a while now, since I somehow ended up with one extra TLT axle. I'm leaning more towards 70's Class 8 Baja-style than working-class beater, though. Will be watching with interest, and trying hard not to let my inner pedantic nerd worry too much about the fact that Toyota 2WD trucks are all IFS...
  3. Hudson

Random boxart thoughts again

Never ever ever ever get bored of looking at these beauties.
  4. Maverick74

Restoring plastic

You could spray light coat of black then go over with clear coat. I did mine like that and turned out well
  5. Today
  6. MadInventor

So, What Have You Done Today?

Some of the dents aren't going to be repaired, as it's impossible to pull the dents out of the trailer without removing the entire skin... As you say, it adds a bit of character, and my son will look at them and remember they appeared the day that Dad rolled the War Rig
  7. markbt73

ebaYJ - aka. "Daydream B'leafer"

This is great! Are you a member over at Scale Builder's Guild? You should post this build over there... they'd love it! Awesome work, although your driver is currently on my "you-know-what-list" for falling down the stairs and having to cancel his tour...
  8. It's looking great. Can't wait to see how it looks when you're finished.
  9. Next up paint popped the bumpers and glass in quick just so you get a better idea
  10. Good to see Hibby & Dazzler back in circulation
  11. ThunderDragonCy

Tamiya Wheelie cars for a 3yr old child?

That would be AMAZING!
  12. WillyChang

I think WR02 handles heaps better than Lunchbox Kids too young to appreciate "comical" GH/Hornet plus they're crazy ex for what they are. Dare say you're better off with that green tractor or even the red tractor with the kuma bear. Plus the WR02G has 2.2" rear tyres so they'll go further than WW2. Have seen some ripper deals on Farm King in the past, dunno if they're stil around. That body is just so unique... dare you to paint it PS33 Cherry Red! (=magenta pink) heck, lame flake it too whilst you're at it
  13. TurnipJF

I think it will look even better after the repairs - they give it character.
  14. WillyChang

Battery choices

Sure, Lipo works fine... I assume you have TBLE02 or TEU10X ESC? They won't have good Lipo low voltage cutoff protection do you'll also have to keep an eye on the packs voltage manually. Or clip on a Lipo low voltage alarm. Also assume you've got a suitable Lipo charger. i use Lipo in CC01 but the chassis only takes stick packs; I haven't bothered buying the special stickpack rounded shape lipos. Instead I've been using either smaller lipos meant for Traxxas 1/16th they give about 2200mAh. They last a fair while on 540. For higher capacity I use square "shorty" type Lipo but they cannot go in the side hole, I've gotta take off the receiver shelf then put then in and bolt the shelf back on top. My shorty packs are ~4300mAh and they run for much much longer. To be safe I've changed my ESCs to ones with good Lipo cutoff.
  15. WillyChang

tble02s esc

NiMH will self discharge when left unused for long time; if you didn't store them at half charge & checked then every few months to topup, they may have discharged down to 0V... or maybe 1 or a few cells in the 6. Fully charge the pack and fresh off the charger check it with voltmeter. It should read at least 8.0-8.5V. If it's lower you may have 1 or more cells stuck at 0V. A few full cycles of the pack might wake the dead cells. Or might not. You'll need a fast charger, trickle charger won't do squat for comatose cells. Some cells I use my oldskool Zapper machine to wake them up, across each cell individually one by one. Bit tricky on a stick lack as you'll need yo expose the pack's packing & insulation to get access to the cell terminals.
  16. Jason1145

Which will hold a wheelie the longest all stock?
  17. Lists updated - @Wooders28 I put your WT01 in the RWD is that correct?
  18. Hi All, I need a rear drive shaft please, mine is bent ☹️. It’s for a rere but I’m not bothered about the part being new or old. Thank you Simon
  19. ThunderDragonCy

What about a comical grasshopper or Hornet?
  20. Grumpy pants

My 3 daughters had a WW2, a LB and a Blackfoot and they were the best buys ever by a country mile. Fun, engaging and easy to theme. Personally I would go LB and make it a Barbie themed van or Tweenies...
  21. Muratt

Battery choices

Hello, I have a cc01 landfreeder and i will use it like a crawler. I will not change its standart electronics. But i prefer Lipo battery. Is it logical to use Lipo for brushed motor? 2500MAH LIPO 2S 3C, for example is it good for my car?
  22. (I really regret selling my XB Wild Willy 2 a couple years ago now!) I've just enjoyed a gorgeous Easter break with sunny weather meaning me and the wife have had the chance to take our 3yr old daughter down the park and she just loved watching ( and wanting a go) my SCT pull wheelies on the grass... never seen her laugh so much, even the wife was laughing at her - but the SCT is way too fast for her and so not to miss an opportunity I am looking into a slower wheelie vehicle for her (any excuse to buy another Tamiya) My XB WW2 would have been perfect, that was a WR02 chassis I think...but what else can I consider getting her? The requirements are it just needs to be slow ( so it can't get too far away before I can grab the controls back off her) but still pull wheelies on the grass ( high ground clearance) because that's what makes her laugh. (No to the Honda City Turbo's as it's too low - another I've previously owned and sold) So is it just WR02 (2WD) and GF01 (4WD?) One last thing, a lexan shell would be nice as I can paint it pink for her too ( no, she's not having my ClodBuster before anyone suggests it) Thanks in advance.
  23. Muratt

tble02s esc

The only issue is the battery. I have not been used my nihm battery for 6-7 years maybe. But Nihm batteries does not die like lipo as i know. I will buy a new lipo to test it. Just to be sure.
  24. Jason1145

Great looking footage seeing the FAV menacing the War Rig... nice open empty road there too! Those days make the ones when it all comes home in one piece extra worthwhile... good luck with the repairs... some look quite nice, battle scars prahaps?
  25. nbTMM

tble02s esc

Is the battery fully charged? Have you followed the "high point setup" procedure in the manual (https://www.trap.co.za/tamiya tble 02s.pdf) ? Also check the throttle direction is not reversed on your transmitter.
  1. Load more activity