All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Are you suggesting there's a middle ground between keeping NIB kits sealed in a climate-controlled vault, and jumping your car over your mom's minivan so you can post the video to Youtube? Heretic.
  3. DK308

Raybrig NSX 2007 colour advise

Don't forget that PS-48 must be backed with black. I did some testing a month back and found this procedure to yield the best result. First a thin tackcoat. Waited 10 mins and shot a fairly heavy wet coat(no runners!). Then let it dry to a sticky surface. For me that was about 20-30 mins. Then i shot another wet coat, but not as heavy as the second coat. I let it dry until the stickyness was almost entirely gone, so almost dry, and then I shot two PS-5 wet coats with about a 30 min gap. It was about 17 degrees C out, but left it all to dry in about 20 degree C. This way also got me the best results for PS 46, 47, 51 and 52.
  4. jupitertwo

So, What Have You Done Today?

Made a start on my holiday build however there’ll be a little lull as I forgot the steering servo seems a little harsh to cannibalise the other buggies I brought with me, so I’ll have to investigate my options in Cornwall. However as I’m typing I realise that my Konghead has the real wheel steer servo in it, so its more like a kidney donation?
  5. J@mes

Assembled & fitted 2 sets of 50520 C.V.A. short shocks to my Lunchbox this evening,
  6. Peter_B

Having purchased some new super glue, I've finally been able to get on with rebuilding my Procat. Front and rear diffs (from the XLS Pro transmission) built and transmissions mounted to the chassis so far.
  7. moffman

The "postman Brought Me" Thread

Brought back from the self storage all my worldly goods (first in the car obviously all my rc cars & gear) after a very long and laborious house renovation😞 would have been a lot more tolerant but building regs ahhhhhh🤯! Anyway all back home safe and well👍 and in a few weeks or less I can start my many builds that has been on the back boiler for the last few months!
  8. stoatyWeasle

DF-02 Gravel Hound

The weakness in the DF-02 chassis is pretty well documented and I decided to address the problems surrounding the U-shaped shaft set-ups as best I could. Stage one I think is universally accepted as the way to go and that comprises of reinforcing the underside of the chassis 'lugs' which hold the U-shaped shafts front and back. My product of choice following a few test subjects was good old Milliput (the black variety needless to say). Before and after I'm not sure if this counts as a spoiler alert but I sort of feel like I need to justify what I did next and why! As part of my shopping spree I was lucky enough to acquire the rear carbon fibre skid plate made by Square (STG-15R). A thing of beauty! I do intend to fit it at a later date (with a slight mod to it's set-up which by reading on I have no doubt you can guess yourself) but since I'm going to be using the buggy for a fair bit of bashing about for a while, I'm almost ashamed to say it but, it's just too good to risk at the moment! Given that the carbon fibre plate sits 1 mm lower than the rest of the chassis (which already has more deep grooves than a 70's disco) and coupled with my limited driving ability it wouldn't take long for there to be tears a plenty. However, inspired by the anodized loveliness I wanted to see what I could do using the original bumper/skid plate. I know there are a number of discussions and solutions dotted around the inter-web, and I'm certainly not trying to claim I have reinvented the wheel or take credit when it isn't deserved, but this is what I have ended up with: It is certainly good and solid with no slop in the arms but I wont bore anyone with any of the finer details (unless asked and I happily will do) but I would be interested in what people think - be it good or bad. Admittedly the above photos isn't going to win any photography awards but hopefully it demonstrates that the two nyloc nuts (complete with rubber washers on the back) don't interfere with the pinion or the standard 70t pinion.
  9. Dirt-540

Brushless Motor & ESC recommendations

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-xerun-combo-xr10-js2-10-5t-black/rc-car-products/407832 or this one (though with this one im not sure which kv to choose) https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-ezrun-combo-max10-3652sl-5400kv-brushless-motor/rc-car-products/420911
  10. Ok, more experienced people will follow, but the first charger looks ok to me but no discharge function? The board wont let a non lipo charger charge lipos, it just lets you charge more than one at a time i believe. You already have lipos? How are you charging them? Im a little confused about what you have, what you want, and what you need.
  11. Tamiyabigstuff

Which car is that from ? Looks familiar, think I have some spares.
  12. Yep.. i just do not give up ( but as i lost track, new topic ) managed to sell some models to fund.. new battery's ( in the first place, to get the DJI Phantom 1 back in the air ( both lipo's are nuked, i suspect the charger ) Would , if i buy the following , allow me to charge.. yep, the new battery's .. and , soon(tm) lipo's for the Tamiya models. ( im still a bit confused about storage mode.. but that is a entire different thing to think about . https://hobbyking.com/en_us/pd606-charger-eu-plug.html ( Option A ) What would allow me to also charge from my car / on a trip.. correct. ( just a bit strange that you have to charge over the balance wires .. it seems.. ) OR ( prefered option, as i do have a decent charger anyway ... ) ... am i correct.. if i put this one on my charger... -> https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobbyking-safe-40a-parallel-charge-board-for-4-packs-2-6s-xt60.html ( Option B ) I have a "lipo charger" ? ( push the power in, that board does the rest ? ) -------- Used with these lipo's ( still got to messuren size, but they "look" about the same as my old one's ) https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-battery-nano-tech-2650mah-3s-25-50c-lipo-pack-xt-60.html ( Option C ) Or this one.. cheaper.. and they got them on a bargain or something.. ( UK warehouse, i can live with a few days delivery ) https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-flightmax-2200mah-3s1p-25c.html ( Option D ) ( XT-60 as, thats what the drone takes ) Who would have tough ... lipo's as normal way to power rc cars
  13. Thanks for the info. Alas may be a while as I have Arnies ride to finish and I have just purchased a Dynahead that I'm hoping to make look better with possibly a loops hardbody unimog and new wheels. It's going to be slow and expensive(the process not the vehicle) the body alone is $100+ along with new wheels and tires etc so not cheap
  14. Hi Guys, Hope all well! I am Tamiya Era as all knows me. I have created this new account cos i dont know wat happened to my old account. trying to post and write to Admins but no reply and the post does not get posted. I hope to get back to my old account with your help Mates. CHeers
  15. Baddon

The Day eBay Killed RC

I suspect its sniping software. I use it but it took me a while to sus out exactly how it works. You tell it what your maximum bid is (in your case £100 but better to make it say 102.11), then you forget about it. If you set it up to bid with say 5 seconds to go it will place your max as a normal ebay bid 5 seconds before the auction ends and eBay will take the minimum if needs to win from this as normal OR you get outbid. If your outbid then just bid on another. The one I use also lets me group so I can place bids on multiple similar items BUT it will ONLY let me win one, as in first winner will cancel all the others so I dont end up with more than one of what I want. The biggest advantage is that as soon as you find an item, set up the snip and forget about it. You will get a message if your outbid and also if you win.
  16. Hobgoblin

The Day eBay Killed RC

Case in point right now! I really (really!) Want a falcon + box and to get that you've basically got to pay £200 plus. I want to pay about half that. One on eBay just ended sat around £60 for most of the listing, because people weren't bidding. Nothing until the last 30 seconds. I was willing to put down 100. Held fire as I saw the amount climb quickly to 80 and 90. I figured soon as I slap down 100 it's instantly going to be jumped over so why raise the price for someone else? Final price £105! Much better than the £250 buy it now examples!
  17. Grumpy pants

Thank you, I used a paint pen off eBay, looks like a gel pen to me.
  18. gizard

well 4 & 6 yo playing as well! - got it all back together - it was going really well too.... but now I need at least one upright possibly 2 …. are any of the alloy ones better I appear to have bent the steel shaft but not broken the plastic part.....
  19. This as , well.. this will be the first documented case As a owner of a ALC-8500 / ALC-8500-2 / Pro charger you have a included temperature sensor . These things can break down ( in my case, dog used it as a chew toy ) To replace the sensor, you need 2 parts : Silizium-Temperatur-Sensor KTY 81-121, 1000 Ohm EAN 4023392061837 and BKL Electronic Audio-Anschlusskabel geschirmt, Klinkenstecker 3,5 mm mono, vergoldet, gerade, 1,8 m, weiß EAN 4011376716477 ( a 1,8 meter long audio cable , 2 wire, with a mono 3,5 audio plug ) / in basic, a microphone cable with 3,5 mm mono plug. ) solder, seal with a shrink wrap .. and you have a perfect replacement temperature sensor for your shiny alc-8500-2 Enjoy.
  20. Stefan(2)

Im kind of "over the moon" I stored a lot of rc stuff over with a good mate of mine , it was sitting there for ... 7 - 8 years at least. Now, a while back i was kind of sorry already i lost my first models. ( a Kyosho pure ten, a Kyosho Blizzard ) And my first Tamiya , a Volvo FH12 Turns out.. i still have them ! When digging down boxes , recovered a terrible stash of 1/14 truck parts , including a pile of bling hopup parts ( still have not sorted out much ) But mostly... Found back not only my really-first-rc-car, the Kyosho Pure ten.. but also ... the Blizzard !! ( whoo ) ! - wife gonne murder me when she finds to boxes later today ;p -
  21. DK308

Recommended kit

I'd say anything smaller than 145x50x28mm fits. I have run the Gens Ace 3S 5200 mah packs in mine and they fit perfectly. It's a pretty big compartment. 19t should not pose a problem. I ran a 17 tooth with a 17 turn motor in grass. You can just order a set and see what you like the best. Pinions are fairly cheap and it's a personal preference.
  22. ThunderDragonCy

Recommended kit

Pretty much any battery fits. I have a 5300mah square Lipo which goes in no problems. Not sure on gearing for sports tuned
  23. Don79

Recommended kit

Thanks for the tips! What about battery size, what fits as far as the DT-03 goes? And is a 17t pinion the pinion of choice with a sports tuned and 2S Lipos?
  24. Thanks, might do. But I have 380 motors in my box and I like to recycle!
  25. They rereleased the set a while ago. Should be easy to get now from most shops selling Tamiya stuff
  1. Load more activity