Kaminagayuchi

Presentation Of A French Tamiya's Fan

Hi all,

I'm 28 years old and I leave in Poitiers in France.

In September 2006, I decided to restaure my old Tamiya Madcap which remain in my garage during some years. :lol:

img0723uh9.th.jpg

img0724vm5.th.jpg

img0727vq0.th.jpg

img0726el7.th.jpg

With the help of Kontemax (thanks again !), I choose the good option for a big restauration : B)

img0753moduh3.th.jpg

img0864modyc3.th.jpg

img0911modyl9.th.jpg

img0912modxa8.th.jpg

img0956modoc6.th.jpg

img0960modhm8.th.jpg

img0963modjc8.th.jpg

img0964modzc6.th.jpg

And the first tests (visit this site !) :

http://chris.web.neuf.fr/rc/essais1.htm

http://chris.web.neuf.fr/rc/essais3.htm

The last with a Top Force : :)

http://www.vintage-rc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3721

I find the Team Orion Formula BB 17x2 a little too powerfull for the Madcap on the dusty track where I run. And I reflect to switch this motor by a Tamiya Sport Tuned or a Team Orion Method R 21x2. If I switch my motor, the 17x2 Team Orion will go to my other car : Tamiya Thunder Dragon !!

For finishing the restauration of my Thunder Dragon, I search the A5 et B15 :

terrascorchermanual26uu4.th.jpg

I search too the counter gear and the pipe for fixed the motor (BS6).

Sorry for my bad english.

Hi Kaminagayuchi,

have seen your tread but hadn't time so write on until now. I like your Madcap, you made a good work in my opinion. I note you didn't mount the reinforcing plate in the front bulkhead. Be care or you will break the front end. And the Madcap parts are going to be quiet rare.

Cheers

Max

Good restoration,great pictures and your English is better than my French.

Keep going.

:rolleyes:

B)

Hi Kaminagayuchi,

have seen your tread but hadn't time so write on until now. I like your Madcap, you made a good work in my opinion. I note you didn't mount the reinforcing plate in the front bulkhead. Be care or you will break the front end. And the Madcap parts are going to be quiet rare.

Cheers

Max

Since, I mount the reinforcing plate in the front bulkhead. B) I'll make some new pictures.

The restauration of the Thunder Dragon is difficult and expensive, because I lost some parts in my successive removals and Ebay is not free. :rolleyes:

Thanks all for your posts.

No, it's the perfect motor for a quite 2WD.

It allows fast acceleration and good speed but overall it allows enough torque to effort jumps without front end diving.

It's not enough powerfull to strip your mechanic.

So the perfect motor in my opinion.

Enough torque to use it with a 4WD also.

Cheers

Max

PS: It's a Tamiya, so thicker rotor copper, harder rotor copper, very very longer life than other brands motors. Needs only to be beared.

OK, thanks for your answer.

I don't know if I want to use this motor for a 2WD (Madcap) or a 4WD (Thunder Dragon or other). But have you the RPM and power for this motor ? Because I don't find it.

I have a Formula Pro BB 17x2, the Dynastorm Special are more powerful or not ? What are the difference between this motor and the Acto Power 2WD ?

For a 2WD with this motor, do you find the TTC (tamiya traction control) is necessary ?

The original Acto Power is:

Usable voltage: 7,2 - 8,4V

Torque at best efficiency: 450g-cm (7,2V)

R.P.M. at best efficiency: 25.800rpm (7,2V)

Current drain at best efficiency: 30A (7,2V)

Best efficiency: 54% (7,2V)

Turns: 14 double - 0,75mm

There is no info on the re-release version but one would assume it's similar.

I use this motor in my Madcap and my Super Astute (with TTC) and it is far better in the SA. The Madcap diff does handle it but I went through 2 diff housings (stripped the threads and warped them trying to tighten them!) and I use 3 shims per side. I still get sip if I don't use the throtle properly though :)

What I meant by it might be too much for what you want is where you said "I find the Team Orion Formula BB 17x2 a little too powerfull for the Madcap on the dusty track where I run." If you use a TTC then this problem disappears, I highly recommend getting a TTC but I hope you have the money!

I suggest upgrading to 2" wheels off any modern buggy of your liking so you have unlimited options when it comes to tyre choice :D

Cheers,

Chris

Hi, we used an Astute and a Madcap with more powerfull motors without diff problems.

The Acto Power oink is currently running in a friend of mine Madcap. No TTC.

Cheers

Max

Thanks again !!

I want the TTC, and two weeks ago, there are 3 TTC on Ebay and I wasn't there. But now, there is only one TTC in "buy it now" but for 45. :)

I think the Acto Pink is more powerful for the track which I run with my Madcap. Thanks for your answer !

Hi all,

Do you know this motor, the Dynastorm Special :

dynastorm_special.jpg

What are the specs of this motor ?

If you actually have the version shown in the pic (Dyna Storm kit version), you would do best to just save it for a shelf queen & not use it whatsoever. The motor is not rebuildable, and wears out quickly even with the correct gearing. Since the end-bell is crimped onto the can, you can only run one set of brushes through it before it's trash. I tried cleaning the comm and installing new brushes, but they wore out in only a few runs after that. I guess the comm becomes out-of-round...

You would do much better to get a modern 14T motor...

PS: There is lots of info on the Dyna Storm kit version of the Acto "Pink" motor (if you can read japanese or "engrish" :) )...

Japanese:

http://www.rct.ne.jp/contents/lab/motor/lab026.html

Google Translator:

http://66.249.91.104/translate_c?hl=en&amp...%3D6JG%26sa%3DN

No, I haven't this motor. Jason Store on Ebay sell it, and I search information about this motor, but now I know I don't buy this motor. :)

Just so you know, the JR-RC Acto 2wd motor isn't really the Dyna Storm kit version like he says. It's actually the original version of the Acto Pink motor that IS rebuildable and even has adjustable timing. The only catch is that its just the bare motor. It doesn't have the sticker, noise filtering condensers and the pre soldered leads with bullet connectors. Pretty good deal overall though...

Hi Kaminagayuchi,

we own these new pink motors and they are good. We opened them and ball beared them then we close them again with a couple of little screws screwed in the sides of the pink can.

They works great with good performances and excellent durability. So I don't believe that the motor life is only few hours.

Cheers

Max

OK.

Beginning, I think the Acto Pink and the Dynastrom Special are the same motor, but now I understand the Acto Pink is a Acto Power rebuildable and the Dynastorm Special is an other motor.

Thanks again !

OK.

Beginning, I think the Acto Pink and the Dynastrom Special are the same motor, but now I understand the Acto Pink is a Acto Power rebuildable and the Dynastorm Special is an other motor.

Thanks again !

You are correct. The Dyna Storm pink motor was Tamiya's attempt to recreate the Acto 2WD motor for the re-release kit, but it isn't exactly the same. I just wish they made it rebuildable and included ball-bearings as I don't like to mod OEM electronics. It just seems kinda silly they did this considering even their relatively cheap "super stock" motors can be disassembled. Oh well...

You are correct. The Dyna Storm pink motor was Tamiya's attempt to recreate the Acto 2WD motor for the re-release kit, but it isn't exactly the same. I just wish they made it rebuildable and included ball-bearings as I don't like to mod OEM electronics. It just seems kinda silly they did this considering even their relatively cheap "super stock" motors can be disassembled. Oh well...

I bought one of these motors from Tamiya and they were cheap. Im mean really cheap!Beyond cheap! I didnt use it and passed it on to a Tamiyaclub member but when i bought mine they were left over stock form the re realease Dyna storm. They motors were just pink enough to to pass for the re release Dyna storm. Im shure it was a OK motor but the real thing is better if you find it and if its the same price get the real motor instead of the re release one.

Is there any plans to get the Thunder dragon rolling? i was kinda waiting for it as i am interested in this car.

Also i have a Super Astute gear set,would this be helpful for your Mad Cap? the part number is 50424 let me know and i can hook you up.