djmcnz

Just Received My Egress Runner

Been wanting one of these for a while now, needs some restoration to get it back to prime condition but it looks pretty sound and complete.

Now, a long process begins... I might get all the parts then complete another build chronicles.

:blink:

If the car is gonna be a runner, then my advice to you is don't replace parts that aren't broken. I completely understand buying them and keeping them as spares. But if you install them just to dress the car up, they get scratched & beat up as soon as the car gets in the dirt again.

PS: If that front shock tower is original, remove it from the car when you run it. Make your own custom one, or have someone make you one. If you break the original, it simply cannot be replaced.

And you might want to swap the body out for a Kamtec replica for driving too. They are not the same, and the Kamtec one is more durable.

Thanks guys.

I'd call it reasonably clean... it needs some TLC, it's been run before. Needs new gears and diffs. The motor mounting plate and other accessories are included, just not in the picture, it seems complete with the exception of some titanium screws but I've got spares for my Top Force Evo which will do the trick.

The front sock tower is not original, some home made job by the looks of things but it's durable and reasonably well made, at least it's symmetrical! B) If I can get a scale template (or an original) of the front shock tower I can get some made up in carbon fibre, if you know of somebody than can help, let me know!

Don't think it will ever be a runner, I've got an Evo and a 501X for that, I think this will be a shelf queen, just got some new decals for it, waiting to find a good body now, even the Kamtec ones are a rip-off.

So, I think I will be buying spares, stripping it down, cleaning it up and rebuilding it with pics for a 'Build Chronicles'