Sign in to follow this  
JeepnMike

Rcscrewz.com

I hate to post a topic like this.. Especially being the new kid. But has anybody had any troubles with the screw kits they have sent? I ordered a set for my DB01 and when I got it, 80% of the screws were countersunk heads. The label was for a Durga so I considered that an honest mistake, but the screws were for a different car. I have tried to work with them and paid to ship that one back at my own cost and he sent me another screw kit for a different car (yet was labeled for a Durga again). I was just trying to see if I am not alone. I am pretty sure based on my last email from them that they are not sending me another kit (the polite version of the story), I just wanted to get my feelers out before I react too harshly. I have wasted at least 2 weeks of my build with this, I am irritated and biting my tongue.

DB01 is the chassis code

Durga is the Tamiya Kit/body name.

Durga uses the DB01 chassis.

So the screw set should fit. As for the countersunk screws, I can't help you as I've never build a DB01 chassis.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=54024

here's the tamiya titanium screw set for the DB01 chassis. Quite a few of them are countersunk so you can probably count it yourself.

There is 16 countersunk head screws in the Tamiya kit. Here is a pic of what they sent me (80 or so countersunk screws in the "big" compartment. Not once, but twice) (pic on the left)

And I went so far as to show them a link to their own product when it is right (pic on the right)

So, you can see these are two different screw sets.. I have done everything I can to show them this and just want a screw set that I can use. He basically called me an idiot and said "Maybe you aren't building a Durga" and said to send it back (another PITA, why the heck am I being punished as a customer?) and he would refund me. Should I be thankful for that? I don't want my money back, I just want the right kit. Anyway, I know this is only a $28 USD kit, it is the principle that is killing me here and he isn't willing to even look at what I sent that VERY clearly shows what is wrong with his own stuff and whoever else may buy a kit for their DB01 is likely going to get the same mess.

Anyway, I hate airing this stuff, but just wanted to see if I was a unique case. I guess I will be buying a set from Tony's screws.

There is 16 countersunk head screws in the Tamiya kit. Here is a pic of what they sent me (80 or so countersunk screws in the "big" compartment. Not once, but twice) (pic on the left)

And I went so far as to show them a link to their own product when it is right (pic on the right)

So, you can see these are two different screw sets.. I have done everything I can to show them this and just want a screw set that I can use. He basically called me an idiot and said "Maybe you aren't building a Durga" and said to send it back (another PITA, why the heck am I being punished as a customer?) and he would refund me. Should I be thankful for that? I don't want my money back, I just want the right kit. Anyway, I know this is only a $28 USD kit, it is the principle that is killing me here and he isn't willing to even look at what I sent that VERY clearly shows what is wrong with his own stuff and whoever else may buy a kit for their DB01 is likely going to get the same mess.

Anyway, I hate airing this stuff, but just wanted to see if I was a unique case. I guess I will be buying a set from Tony's screws.

Well sure they send you extra countersunk screws but are the rest of screws wrong as well?

I'm guessing they decided to make all the screws countersunk instead of how Tamiya are providing countersunk screws as necessary? I'm only speculating :)

I bought from rcscrews thinking they provide me with selftapping screws but instead they give me all M3 screws. Kinda sucked :)

I bought from rcscrews thinking they provide me with selftapping screws but instead they give me all M3 screws. Kinda sucked :)

The quality of the screw and the hex head is definitely a step up over stock. Hopefully yours came with the right screws. LOL

you, sir, got the right screw set.

You are just missing the corresponding cone washers to go under each one... tell 'em to send them to you.

AXA1101.jpeg

:)

I know all about this.. I have bought two DB-01 screw kits from rcscrewz.com.. The first kit came with all of the correct screws (yea), the second kit came the same way yours did; with way too many countersunk screws (boo).. What happened is that rcscrews swapped the pan head and countersunk screws in their kit effectively mixing up the head types..

They should be able to correct the screws in you kit, because it is a pretty nice set.. The only kit better is the titanium screw set from Tamiya which is much more expensive and only serves to save a little weight..

Hope this helps.

I hate to post a topic like this.. Especially being the new kid. But has anybody had any troubles with the screw kits they have sent? I ordered a set for my DB01 and when I got it, 80% of the screws were countersunk heads. The label was for a Durga so I considered that an honest mistake, but the screws were for a different car. I have tried to work with them and paid to ship that one back at my own cost and he sent me another screw kit for a different car (yet was labeled for a Durga again). I was just trying to see if I am not alone. I am pretty sure based on my last email from them that they are not sending me another kit (the polite version of the story), I just wanted to get my feelers out before I react too harshly. I have wasted at least 2 weeks of my build with this, I am irritated and biting my tongue.

I have offered the theory about the cone washers and was told: "We do not offer cone washers those are only available through tamiya or ofna" And when I mentioned someone else getting a kit with the heads backwards I was ignored and had to resort back to just sending them back for a refund - what a bummer. I am blown away he won't even take the time to look, he just wants to send it back for a refund. I offered pictures, I even offered to send the .pdf from the DB01 directions showing the parts list and was ignored with any proof. I hate to bash a vendor especially given how small of a niche' this hobby is and what he sells is pretty cool, but I wouldn't buy a set for a DB01, you are probably going to get something you can't use.

Anyway, I guess that is where this one ends and I send my order to Tony's. Thanks much for the responses guys! I can't wait to finally get this thing in the dirt!

Just to chime in about the Tamiya titanium screw set for the DB-01. I got this set last year for my build and although it was a pleasure to put this kit together with the screw set and my hex set, I did have one screw on the bulkhead stripped after only taking it out and putting it back in a couple of times. Very, very annoying and something I wouldn't expect to happen with hex screws and the right size driver. -Especially considering it was titanium. I had to slot the screw with my dremel and effectively ruined the bulkhead. It ended up costing me an additional $15 for the new bulkhead cover with shipping. I actually considered backing out every single titanium screw and redoing the build with rc-screwz. for one thing the divided box was appealing. I do not like the fact that the Tamiya titanium screws are not separated at all.-just a big bag so you have sort thru and match up all the screws with their stock counterparts. -I messed this up more than a few times and had to back out the screws and find the proper one.

I knew the titanium weren't for everyone. With RCScrewz sending me the wrong stuff and not willing to work with me, that leaves this: http://tonysscrews.com/. I will let you know how they are when I get them! LOL

That sounds like some pretty bad customer service.

I just bought two kits, for my TXT and 501X. I have not installed the 501x kit yet, but did the TXT. Everything seemed to be right, the only thing I didn't like was that half the button head screws had smooth polished heads and half had satin finish with numbers stamped in them. My truck is a runner, so I didn't care, but I can see someone building a shelfer not liking that.

Does sound like they need someone better packing the boxes.

That's most disappointing to hear - the RCScrewz set I have for the Durga has all the correct round headed screws, and is not meant to include any screw collars. Sounds like they could not get stock of the round headed screws and just substituted the countersunk screws.

And about the titanium screw set - It doesn't surprise me that you stripped one of these. These screws are lighter, but less durable than the steel screws, and a certain amount of care is needed when using them. They are primarily for weight saving, they don't stand up well to the stress of constantly assembling and disassembling the car, so you need spares.

- James

Ordered a set of Blackfoot screws for my dad for his birthday. A set of Blackfoot Extreme screws arrived so I politely emailed them and sent them back at my own cost. Two weeks later another set of BFX screws arrived, followed by an email telling me it's the same screwset for both the BF and the BFX. Could've told me earlier.

But they are nice bits of kit, I have an RCScrewz SS runner and a set for my Wild One resto too. Only other problem for me is postage. Pretty certain there are cheaper insured postal options from the US than $30 B)

Ordered a set of Blackfoot screws for my dad for his birthday. A set of Blackfoot Extreme screws arrived so I politely emailed them and sent them back at my own cost. Two weeks later another set of BFX screws arrived, followed by an email telling me it's the same screwset for both the BF and the BFX. Could've told me earlier.

But they are nice bits of kit, I have an RCScrewz SS runner and a set for my Wild One resto too. Only other problem for me is postage. Pretty certain there are cheaper insured postal options from the US than $30 B)

I highly doubt the BF and BFX use the same screw kit. There is nothing in common between those two trucks except the name.

I highly doubt the BF and BFX use the same screw kit. There is nothing in common between those two trucks except the name.

Let us know if he in a round about way tells you that you are an idiot when you tell him this. B) I just don't want to be alone. LOL

Yes I have had the same issue also. Buyer beware. Keith who I emailed at RCscrewz is rather insulting. Here's the image of all the countersunk screws I incorrectly received in the top compartment of the container.

PICT0100.jpg

I have also decided to shop with Tony's Screws instead, for any future Durga screws.

Yes I have had the same issue also. Buyer beware. Keith who I emailed at RCscrewz is rather insulting.I have also decided to shop with Tony's Screws instead, for any future Durga screws.

That is funny. Here is a few snips from Keith regarding my screw kit for my Durga being wrong:

"Then send it back and we will refund your money the durga build sheet we have tamiya is what I used to build your kit..maybe you don't have a druga "

When I inquired about the fact that I had to pay for shipping twice for two incorrect kits and he refused to even look at the kits to see if he had them wrong, here was his response:

"Whatever we will refund the shipping ..future make sure youy order the correct kit... We have sold that particular kit worldwide (1,065 of them) and they are the correctly specd kits "

I never was refunded shipping so I sent him this email:

"I guess Lisa in accounting didn't get the memo to refund the $10 in shipping I paid to return two incorrect kits. That is fine, apparently you need that money more than I do. I hope for your sake you only had a few screw kits with the heads reversed, otherwise you are going to have a lot of people ******* off and I hope you don't treat them all as you did to me. The sad thing is, I don't even think you ever looked to see if by random chance they could be incorrect and I even posted from a bulletin board from someone else who got a kit wrong too and you are still too stubborn to listen. Even pics of your own product didn't suffice with details. Oh well, good luck with your business ventures.. I appreciate what you provide in a niche market, but you need an attitude change, not everyone is an idiot."

He sent another nasty email back.

So.. I got my set of Tony's screws last week. They are packaged in small zip-lock bags that are labeled with the screw type and quantity which is kind of cool. I liked the idea of the tray, but having them labled and separated is pretty nice and the quality is good so I am happy with them.

I hate to focus on anything negative and hate to air dirty laundry, but I have tried to be as nice and patient as I could, this post is justified to me. Another buyer beware post.

That is funny. Here is a few snips from Keith regarding my screw kit for my Durga being wrong:

"Then send it back and we will refund your money the durga build sheet we have tamiya is what I used to build your kit..maybe you don't have a druga "

When I inquired about the fact that I had to pay for shipping twice for two incorrect kits and he refused to even look at the kits to see if he had them wrong, here was his response:

"Whatever we will refund the shipping ..future make sure youy order the correct kit... We have sold that particular kit worldwide (1,065 of them) and they are the correctly specd kits "

I never was refunded shipping so I sent him this email:

"I guess Lisa in accounting didn't get the memo to refund the $10 in shipping I paid to return two incorrect kits. That is fine, apparently you need that money more than I do. I hope for your sake you only had a few screw kits with the heads reversed, otherwise you are going to have a lot of people ******* off and I hope you don't treat them all as you did to me. The sad thing is, I don't even think you ever looked to see if by random chance they could be incorrect and I even posted from a bulletin board from someone else who got a kit wrong too and you are still too stubborn to listen. Even pics of your own product didn't suffice with details. Oh well, good luck with your business ventures.. I appreciate what you provide in a niche market, but you need an attitude change, not everyone is an idiot."

He sent another nasty email back.

So.. I got my set of Tony's screws last week. They are packaged in small zip-lock bags that are labeled with the screw type and quantity which is kind of cool. I liked the idea of the tray, but having them labled and separated is pretty nice and the quality is good so I am happy with them.

I hate to focus on anything negative and hate to air dirty laundry, but I have tried to be as nice and patient as I could, this post is justified to me. Another buyer beware post.

Yep, Keith emailed me that he makes 100's of kits and sometimes incorrect kits do leave his warehouse. I basically requested that he needs to send a kit out to me as it was his mistake. Why should I waste my time and money posting the incorrect kit back to him seeing as it was his mistake and wait about 4 weeks for the round trip back to Australia. He declined. In the end I told him I'll take my business elsewhere. Keith basically said I should learn to read (the RCscrewz rules)....I said that's a nice way to treat your customer and less of the insults thanks.

Well, good to know about this in the future. In today's economy, businesses cannot afford to treat customers like this. Make a mistake, own up to it and make it right by the customer. RCScrewz did the opposite and therefore I wouldn't even give them a shot in the future. Tony's will get my biz.

I think the airing of dirty laundry in this situation is both warranted and valuable. If you're regularly insulting and abusive to your customers about your errors, then you need to accept that there will be repercussions. Based on the excerpts of the dialogue you sent, it seems he's adopting the abusive tone insulated by the fact that he figures he can absorb one lost sale out of "thousands". But if the airing of dirty laundry on messageboards like this result in entire communities of RC enthusiasts going "Whoa hey, I'm not buying from that jerk" it may become in his best interests to be less of a jerk.