KalEl63

Ezrun OR Super Stock BZ

I am just wondering if Ezrun have BL combos that would be similar to having a Tamiya Super Stock BZ motor for off road vintage cars 2WD and 4WD?

I am just wondering if Ezrun have BL combos that would be similar to having a Tamiya Super Stock BZ motor for off road vintage cars 2WD and 4WD?

I do not have an EZ, but I have looked in to getting one from time to time. There isn't a combo that will meet exactly your needs. But, from what I've seen the 35A, or the 25A system is the "closest" to the BZ, but not really. It's a little hard to answer your questions because brushless is a different animal compared to brushed motors. Even the low end like the EZ 35A, or 25A will have more punch/power, etc. Especially combined with LiPo. If you stick with the 25A (make sure it's the 1/10 version!) and NiMH, you should be in the ballpark. I don't think the fact that the 25A is advertised as "on-road" matters, unless your going to really stress the esc. Now you have to find a sensorless high turn motor to go with the 25A. Check the ESC specs! Sorry for the long response, just trying to be clear.

I upgraded my sons Sand Viper from a Superstock TZ to a Ezrun 35A with 13T motor. The Ezrun is faster and has more punch but is very programable so you can tame it down if you wish. I also run these systems in my Sand Scorcher and Subaru Brat. I have 6 of these systems with various motor as well as Xerun systems. My oldest one would be about four years old now and still runs like new even after being dunked in salt water a number of time when running at the beach.

Y thought it may have been and apples v orange question.

I have my Ezruns in my Neo Falcon and Lunchie but I wanted something tame for my Terra Scorcher ans Stadium Raider but it looks like I might just stick with the BZ

I reckon you should stick with brushed for the TS, and go mild BL for the SR - but that is just me. :lol:

Ezrun 13t 35a combo I have had a lot of success with, similar to a rz but with way longer run times! or if they do a 17t one?

I think the 17 they have is for a crawler but I could be wrong.... :P

17.5T is considered a 'stock' motor and the BL equivalent to a 27T Silver Can brushed motor.

- apparently! :P

considering what a 35a 13t goes like i think the 17t would be a lot quicker than a silver can!!!

Don't forget, where Tamiya made provision for different pinion sizes, you can tone things down a bit with smaller pinion gears.

I have a suxfly 3980kv motor with a HK45A esc on 7 cell(not as good as 2s) and its soo fast! Wheelies my fighter buggy and when i go full throttle it just baloons the tyres up! Fun, but not good for it!lol

I would say a 21.5t BL is like a silvercan motor. 17.5t like a good 19t and 10.5t like a good 15t. 9t is mental and 5t is more crazy.

If i wanted a match for a BZ i would go for the ezrun 3000kv, more punch, but same top end. Anyone agree?

I have a 8.5T eZRun combo in my re-re hotshot, running on an 8.4V NimH battery. It's a bit mental bit still controllable. The only thing I don't like with my system is that once you've used the brakes once, they then don't operate until you use the throttle again. After braking hard to slow up, I then couldn't stop the car completely and it rolled off a 5ft drop ..... :P

I'd recommend getting the next one up, either the 10.5T or the 13.5T motor. The eZRun systems are great for the money.

Yea i ran a 13t EZrun 25A in my 3Racing f109 F1, its quick but not gear tearing quick. I would recommend the 35A ESC it seams a little more robust, i ran it on a small and tight track and with sticky tires it would stick so should be no problem in anything. My friend put his in his Wild Willy :-)

I have a 8.5T eZRun combo in my re-re hotshot, running on an 8.4V NimH battery. It's a bit mental bit still controllable. The only thing I don't like with my system is that once you've used the brakes once, they then don't operate until you use the throttle again. After braking hard to slow up, I then couldn't stop the car completely and it rolled off a 5ft drop ..... :D

I'd recommend getting the next one up, either the 10.5T or the 13.5T motor. The eZRun systems are great for the money.

Have you tried adjusting the trim to neutral the ESC can be a bit funny with brake and reverse initiation if not set properly, it shouldn't do that!!!!!!!! I run a 5.5t in my Durga and i can tap the brakes repeatedly with no need to go to throttle.

Maybe a 17T & up migth be a goer then.... will wait and see to when I get closer to the couple of cars getting up and running

When my 21.5T eventually arrives :) , you can see how that goes to give you some idea.

When my 21.5T eventually arrives :) , you can see how that goes to give you some idea.

Sounds like a plan as it will be a little while before I get the Terra Scorcher and Stadium Raider on track.

21.5 appears equiv to silvercan

17.5 is 27t stock

13.5 is 19t pro-stock

I agree with falcon#5, your TS deserves a brushed set-up to keep that nostalgic feel

I reckon go the BZ in the TS.

I'll put one in the Boomer when I get it going.

With mtbkym01s' Boomer, Hotshot Boys' Shot and if we can convince Reflexia to run a similar brushed motor in his Ray,

then we'll have an evenly matched Vintage 4wd class to race. :)

Yep I am leaning that way a BZ for the TS and an Ezrun for the Stadium Raider