MadInventor

Tiger I build hints.

Here's a few mods I have done to my Tiger I interior to try and tidy up the wiring inside.

1. I bought a Y harness, part 7255032, so that I only need to use one battery. (Great tip this, only needs one battery to run the tank, and will greatly reduce the amount of weight those fragile gearboxes have to haul round. ;) )

2. I made 4 spacers, outer diameter 8mm, inner diameter 3mm, length 8.2mm (was supposed to be 8.0, but I got lazy :D ). I used these and four 3mmx15 screws to re-attach the MFU plate slightly raised (8.2mm) from the hull. Whilst attaching it I routed the DMD motor wires and the MG cable under the MFU plate. The MG wire has enough length on it to wrap neatly back up to plug into the MFU from the rear end of the tank.

3. I fitted the receiver under the speaker box behind the DMD. This means the 4 cables coming out of the DMD going to the RX are completely hidden under the speaker box.

4. I took the speaker box to bits and tucked the excess wire from it inside itself, leaving just enough for a neat installation protruding outside the box.

5. I used a couple of cable ties to hold the wires together where necessary to hold the wires in place.

This leaves you with a nice neat wiring installation, making it easy to connect on the turret and swap out the battery.

img33435_14082011225223_1.jpg

img33435_14082011225223_2.jpg

img33435_14082011225223_3.jpg

img33435_14082011225223_4.jpg

Excessive amount of cable was tucked in after this photo was taken. It's a very large speaker box for a small speaker. There's got to be a way to improve the sound quality and volume from the speaker system with that amount of room to play with. Any ideas??

img33435_14082011225223_5.jpg

Nice and neat now, receiver is tucked under the speaker, fine as long as you don't want to go wading :o

img33435_14082011225223_6.jpg

• Like 1

Do not side step your current project, King Tiger, and leave the Tiger I build hints later...please. There are people following your King built and is not good keep us waiting, else shape charges will be waitng for the Tigers to come out and play <_<

I will go to this hint section if and when i buy and built the I. Sure like to own entire German fighting WWII machine collection from Tamiya and throw in the super sherman.

Do not side step your current project, King Tiger, and leave the Tiger I build hints later...please. There are people following your King built and is not good keep us waiting, else shape charges will be waitng for the Tigers to come out and play :)

I will go to this hint section if and when i buy and built the I. Sure like to own entire German fighting WWII machine collection from Tamiya and throw in the super sherman.

:lol:

King tiger was briefly working / finished. (See the build thread ;)). Need to step back from it for a while and investigate my options for the transmission rethink. Do I just beef up the 90degree drives, or go for a complete rebuild with gearboxes with no bevel gears and the motors up the front?? I also need to find someone who can make hardened steel gears for a reasonable price. So for the time being I am just thinking on it and making sure my others tanks are fully sorted.

Super heavy King tiger says, "I laugh at your shape charges, they just discolour my paintwork and make my ears ring, hahaha." ;)