redzone

So i found a proper size stick pack lipo!

Found them at my local Toyworld, the brand is Yuntong, they seem like a quality pack so far, they are taking over 4200mah using my swallow eq balance charger.

They are an oval stickpack, fit nicely in my TA02, TA03, TL01 etc with the battery stopper installed, they are about 133mm long and the oval section is small enough to not get stuck in a TL01 even when dirt gets in there..

part number is YT90145. Seem to be an even better alternative to the Yeah Racing 3200's..

Yep, there are a few to choose from now. I use an Overlander 3250, but a 4200 sounds ace ! I use them in my Manta Ray and Anderson M5.

133mm long oval stickpack LiPo? This is great news for all DT-01 owners, too! :) Thank you.

Found them at my local Toyworld, the brand is Yuntong, they seem like a quality pack so far, they are taking over 4200mah using my swallow eq balance charger.

They are an oval stickpack, fit nicely in my TA02, TA03, TL01 etc with the battery stopper installed, they are about 133mm long and the oval section is small enough to not get stuck in a TL01 even when dirt gets in there..

part number is YT90145. Seem to be an even better alternative to the Yeah Racing 3200's..

Do you have a pic ? . sounds good & of all places toyworld LOL .

I do, but i cant find the cable for my Galaxy S lol.. i'll get a pic up soon...

133mm long oval stickpack LiPo? This is great news for all DT-01 owners, too! <_< Thank you.

Greg please post a photo as that sounds as if it will fit a Blitzer and i dont like the soft lipo's due to safety concerns

Greg please post a photo as that sounds as if it will fit a Blitzer and i dont like the soft lipo's due to safety concerns

:lol: safety . :o That's right i destroyed two soft li-po's so far . But was good in my mini , But don't like the jumps & bangs . :(

bromvw, I don't have one of these batteries yet, but redzone should have at least one.

I've found domestic sellers for the 3000 mAh and 3600 mAh versions of that battery, but still none with higher runtimes. Though I'm tempted to get one of the 3600 mAh ones, as I'm planning to use them for my 16T brushless Mad Bull. Have to get a decent LiPo charger as well. :lol:

just to get up date and not highjack the topic,

which lipos fit tamiyas (vintage and new, especially DF03) without hacking the chassis ?

i count yeah racing 3200 as compatible , anything else ?

Eventually, I haven't bought that Yuntong stick pack LiPo. Instead, somebody pointed me towards Jamara batteries.

So I bought a Jamara LiPo Racing 7.4V 5000mAh 2N 30C #141390 oval stick pack sized battery. It arrived last Friday, and I took measurements. It's 134mm long and so it fits exactly into the DT-01 battery compartment, even with the battery stopper. I'm happy now! :lol: Weight is approx. 225 g, which is way lighter than my NiMH batteries.

You should be good with other brands, my Intellect IP2500's and Hyperion 4000's both fit easily in my blitzers and the intellects were 138mm and that's excluding the wires out the end.

found my cable, will endeavour to get pics up tomorrow of the yuntong.

(...) So I bought a Jamara LiPo Racing 7.4V 5000mAh 2N 30C #141390 oval stick pack sized battery. It arrived last Friday, and I took measurements. It's 134mm long and so it fits exactly into the DT-01 battery compartment, even with the battery stopper. (...)

Some pics just to show you all HOW good it fits:

th_sam2228ppi88_zpsbbfa0adc.jpg th_sam223053ezl_zps816eea2b.jpg th_sam2231q9if6_zpsbe26c6aa.jpg

:D Note to myself: Clean the car before taking photos!

EDIT: New picture host, less ads.

;) Note to myself: Clean the car before taking photos!

Clean? Pffft!

Your pics are ad-tacular though ;)

Sorry about the ads, there's not much I can do about that. ;)

• Like 1

Sorry about the ads, there's not much I can do about that. ;)

No prob, looks like it fits rather well, apparently it takes quite some time to get an account set up with Jamara before being able to purchase. (I might just be spoiled by the other sites that do it instantly)

a bit of topic, do only older tamiyas have problems with oversize stick pack lipos ? one would think there would be a good enough market for turnigy to get into. their rectangular stick packs are great for the price and easily available . 20 euro + shipping from germany for a 4000 mah lipo, no extra customs no nothing.

No prob, looks like it fits rather well, apparently it takes quite some time to get an account set up with Jamara before being able to purchase. (I might just be spoiled by the other sites that do it instantly)

I had ordererd the Jamara LiPo via Amazon.de, might be available on other countries' Amazon stores or on Ebay too.

I had ordererd the Jamara LiPo via Amazon.de, might be available on other countries' Amazon stores or on Ebay too.

I bought 2. Thank God for Google Translate as my German is somewhat lacking.

I'm glad you have been able to get that done. If you need any help regarding R/C stuff coming from Germany, feel free to ask me. :D

is there anywhere in the UK i can buy a proper sized stick pack Lipo with 2500Mah or more?

I have a few but they don't fit my TL-01 and M04, only my TT-01 and Clod. Something like what the original post is about. I'm not fussed what make they are tbh, i'm willing to experiment.

The Yeah Racing 3200mah hard case from rcmart fit the M04 case and most older Tamiya battery boxes.

RCMart

is there anywhere in the UK i can buy a proper sized stick pack Lipo with 2500Mah or more?

I have a few but they don't fit my TL-01 and M04, only my TT-01 and Clod. Something like what the original post is about. I'm not fussed what make they are tbh, i'm willing to experiment.

The Yeah Racing 3200mah hard case from rcmart fit the M04 case and most older Tamiya battery boxes.

RCMart

The M04 battery holders (and TL01 or M03) will stretch over the slightly longer 138mm YR 3200 packs. The "round" part of the packs fits just fine in TA01/2/3 or DT01, but the the packs are 3mm too long for the battery stopper without needing to mod.

The 134mm long pack is the only one I've seen to date that is the right length. The YR3200 or even the IP4000 packs really don't need to be 138mm long. There's 5mm of 'nothing' space lengthways inside the hard case between the soft packs they contain and the outer casing.

that looks the same as my Lipos that don't fit, they have a squarer profile than the oval ones that do fit

i'll get a picture to compare the two