Quandry

Tamico.... I'd like to visit one day...

I got a box in from Tamico a couple of weeks back. While I was super excited to rip in to the contents I put aside a Tamico flyer - some promotional material. Last night I chanced upon this item that was flung aside in haste and found it very intriguing.

Apologies for the quality of this but I'm doing the best I can from a fairly small flier:

tamico1.jpg

From what I can gather, Tamico is kind of like Tamiya Heaven, although to get the most of your experience it is mandatory to speak/understand German, or at least have Google Translate on hand :)

Close up of top picture - Look at all of the kits!!!!

tamico2.jpg

I think I see some Sand Scorchers, Avants, Rough Rider..... what can you see?

Close up of the bottom picture -

tamico3.jpg

I see Joest Racing Porsche, lots of Frogs, Sand Scorcher, Avante Black, Avante, Blitzer Beetle, Hotshot, a ton of other stuff I'd like to see close up :)

In summary, I'd like to visit there one day, the only down side is that if I did go, I would nead to be in a Ford Transit van as there is no way you could walk through there without coming out with armfulls of kits.

Has anyone on TC been to Tamico and are there any better photos around?

• Like 2

Unreal, just got a package from them myself, looks like the shops in japan

Has anyone on TC been to Tamico and are there any better photos around?

Never been there but i will visit next time i am in Berlin where i go occasionally for business. I do speak German though B)

DD

I visited Berlin a few months ago and made sure to drop by Tamico. I left empty handed however but spent quite a while admiring the vintage models in the display cabinet. German would have been helpful as the gentleman I spoke to wasn't that proficient in English. I didn't see the room in the top picture however.

post-1098-0-57282700-1386066838_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Great pics. Have bought a few kits from Tamico, and will definately visit them some day.

I have communicated with them by mail in english with no problems.

I think one of the pictures is their store room. They seem to stock an incredible catalog of stuff, it seems like thousands of stock items - all Tamiya?? Makes me wonder if they're actually owned by Tamiya to be honest.

Tamico IS Tamiya heaven. I took a few pictures after they'd moved to their recent store and posted them somewhere on TC. If you guys want them reposted in this thread I could do that. I'll take new pictures on my next visit, too.

They aren't owned by Tamiya, but they are mainly carrying Tamiya goods.

• Like 1

Tamico IS Tamiya heaven. I took a few pictures after they'd moved to their recent store and posted them somewhere on TC. If you guys want them reposted in this thread I could do that. I'll take new pictures on my next visit, too.They aren't owned by Tamiya, but they are mainly carrying Tamiya goods.

Yes please Greg

• Like 1

x3 demand pics!!

Please also tell the guys thanks for the great service and feel free to let us know about special offers :)

I wonder if we could get them involved with this Forum as a Sponsor ?

I am still trying to convince the misses to move to Berlin, no luck so far. :rolleyes:

I was having a look on their website :o ... What a selection they have!

Calling Tamico "Tamiya heaven" is in my opinion a bit undeserved. Compared to the Tamiya Plamodel Factory shops in Japan and Stargek's shop in Singapore (just to name a few), Tamico is minute in both size and selection. Also, even in the domestic German market, Seidel Modellbau has a by far superior selection of Tamiya items and is generally a lot quicker at stocking new items.

Furthermore, the German Tamiya distributor "Dickie" has a rather restrictive import of "niche" Tamiya items whereas the Swiss distributor "Arwico" imports a lot more of the niche items and limited edition items than Dickie does. Accordingly, when searching for anything but mainstream items, there are many Swiss shops that easily beat Tamico. I buy a little from Tamico myself because they have very competitive prices for a limited range of products, but from observing and registering (in a vast excel sheet) prices from Tamico, Seidel and several far east sources for quite some years by now, Seidel is generally cheaper than Tamico, but of course can't match for instance RC Champ or Stella (even when including shipping cost and customs clearance).

http://www.facebook.com/mokeikagaku

That store looks awesome, here in Canada you are hard pressed to find Tamiya in any hobby shops. There is a few, but it seems the Canadian dist. isn't easy to work with and most shops have got fed up and don't sell Tamiya. It's a shame, but at least Tamiya is going stong everywhere else. I get most of my stuff from Japan.

I can see a potential lawsuit, for not having yellow 'wet floor' signs from all the drool patches :)

• Like 1

That store looks awesome, here in Canada you are hard pressed to find Tamiya in any hobby shops. There is a few, but it seems the Canadian dist. isn't easy to work with and most shops have got fed up and don't sell Tamiya. It's a shame, but at least Tamiya is going stong everywhere else. I get most of my stuff from Japan.

You want to deal with Zoom Room Hobbies in Newmarket.. He will get you any Tamiya you want at the best prices you can find in Canada. He even carries the Premium Built Expert R/C Models by Tamiya (Tanks, Semis etc). The best part is he usually ahs the latest releases before anyone else in Canada (Magic I say).

http://www.thezoomroom.ca/

My other place of choice is in Mississauga. Great Hobbies. They've good prices, great service and can get nearly as many Tamiya as the above and usually have a great in store stock (not as much as above but still great). I ordered two Bruiser Re Releases there ad they will be getting the Egress Re-Re.

http://www.greathobbies.com/

Great Hobbies will match the price of Zoom Room as well. I've had great luck and purchases at both !

Borgfeldt is the exclusive Tamiya Distributor in Canada but they are terribly unreliable, carry little stock and I think many shops have found a way "around " them.

As promised, here's the repost:

th_SAM_2743.jpg th_SAM_2742.jpg
View from outside. Do you want to step in? Of course you do! :lol:

th_SAM_2737.jpg
That's what you get to see at first.

th_SAM_2738.jpg
All the colours of the rainbow.

th_SAM_2740.jpg th_SAM_2741.jpg
The Carson Modelsport girl standing next to a lot of kit boxes. I wonder what meets your interest more? :D

th_SAM_2739.jpg
- without words -

These photos were taken in September 2012. I'm planning to visit Tamico at the end of next week.

• Like 2

"The Carson Modelsport Girl standing next to a lot of kit boxes. I wonder what meets your interests more?"

OUTTA MY WAY WOMAN, DAG NAMMIT... I'VE GOT KIT BOXES TO PILFER THROUGH!!11!!!1!!! :angry: :angry: :angry::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(not sure why I couldn't quote Gregs post)

• Like 1

I paid Tamico another visit on last Friday. They were amazed to hear your reactions and wishes. :) I shall send their kind regards to you all.

Here are the pics I took recently:

th_WP_20131227_002_zpsa1c0c434.jpg th_WP_20131227_004_zps290b80b7.jpg th_WP_20131227_003_zps8f09f5b5.jpg th_WP_20131227_005_zpse0e15650.jpg

View from the outside.

th_WP_20131227_006_zps2361ee12.jpg th_WP_20131227_007_zpsd8aba3e0.jpg th_WP_20131227_008_zps7196839a.jpg th_WP_20131227_009_zps550987ea.jpg th_WP_20131227_010_zps0f410cc6.jpg

The counter with an assortments of paints, electrics, catalogues, spares and tools.

th_WP_20131227_011_zps8cef6e28.jpg th_WP_20131227_012_zpsfc394d7f.jpg th_WP_20131227_019_zpsfee9cd10.jpg th_WP_20131227_020_zps79fd0684.jpg th_WP_20131227_023_zps52742960.jpg

th_WP_20131227_022_zps91977dd3.jpg th_WP_20131227_021_zps21721024.jpg th_WP_20131227_029_zpse85ed541.jpg th_WP_20131227_024_zps43439338.jpg th_WP_20131227_026_zps1bb63eaf.jpg

Lots of kits, RTRs and assembled R/C car models in the showroom.

th_WP_20131227_014_zps43141540.jpg th_WP_20131227_018_zpsa2089189.jpg th_WP_20131227_015_zps4ade4c6c.jpg th_WP_20131227_016_zpsc1e00292.jpg th_WP_20131227_017_zps26d70db7.jpg

Display with vintage R/C cars.

th_WP_20131227_031_zps8c6a9f9b.jpg th_WP_20131227_032_zps114a91b8.jpg

Quick peek into the workshop.

• Like 4