Sign in to follow this  
yellowcat

A tale of two Clodbuster bodies

I built the original 58065 Clodbuster back in '87. Later I bought a Parma lexan body. I designed and painted the lexan body to pay tribute to Japan King of the monsters "Godzilla".

Here is my '87 Clodbuster. Painted with Testor Ruby red under coated metallic gold. I like it stock with minimum hop up and after market parts. I also fabricate some of the parts myself.

IsQvzWd.jpg

rEAi6dF.jpg

j08t7UY.jpg

OanDokr.jpg

1YhqkGh.jpg

PWovkL9.jpg

Bk6EB5X.jpg

MMwxrpn.jpg

FfOIYBy.jpg

RmqjUAY.jpg

I fabricate the anti rotation bracket, side step nerf bar, front axle guard and the gear case and axle underguard.

RsEerqx.jpg

3X05zMu.jpg

9EOrCSV.jpg

Please check out Part 2 King of the monsters "Godzilla" in this post reply #3. :)

IHEJ1P2.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice paint job on your clod, the gold underneath really makes it pop.

i have used candy paint with different silver paint but i think i will need to try it with gold next.

Up next is King of the monsters "Godzilla." This is one of a kind custom paint job. I painted the lexan body with Engine Color brand RC paint from Japan in metallic red and metallic yellow gold. I added a Parma Hemi engine, designed the flame graphics and hand cut the mask. It was then masked and painted inside the lexan body.I also designed all the graphics, did the decals and pin striping.

xtkr5z2.jpg

6InJmpp.jpg

YA4C6gP.jpg

cVUglX9.jpg

vHH8aic.jpg

tgoSQV2.jpg

8jFZpeP.jpg

mOTzeIr.jpg

UwabyVf.jpg

Vg0EjJ2.jpg

tynPWcl.jpg

Graphics in detail.

6em865H.jpg

ZFRLeyw.jpg

1sePcrn.jpg

vrlK9Pk.jpg

Flame work layout, decal artwork, hand cut vinyl lettering and Engine color from Japan. Engine color goes on smooth and sticks to lexan like skin and fuel proof.

sHXwkWL.jpg

mXDu0fh.jpg

G1aP3R9.jpg

XH7Jsrt.jpg

• Like 3

I love the engine wiring on the Godzilla version! Takes me back to the days when my uncle was still building plastic car models; he was particularly proficient at wiring and plumbing the engines...

Shame you did not feature a build thread on Clodtalk.com you would have won the july truck of the month competition!

Awesome paintjob :)

Shame you did not feature a build thread on Clodtalk.com you would have won the july truck of the month competition!

Awesome paintjob :)

It's just the timing. I might re-enter later this year.

Wow, great build bud. I like both bodies, but the Godzilla body is amazing. Really well done. It's tough to pull off a complex paint scheme on lexan. Simply fantastic.

Clods are just not for me. But who can say no to the big V8 and the man size spoiler.

It just shows that even your moher-in-law can be made attractive.:-D

• Haha 1

Hello All,

Thank you for all your comments. I have updated with some more new pictures. :)

Love the engine,fantastic detail,I'm almost tempted to customise my original clod...almost.

The Parma engine is amazing. And the finish of that body, although a lexan one, is truly FANTASTIC!

Wow! I know this thread is years old but I just stumbled across it when doing some clod research. 

@yellowcat I think you are still around on the forum. Just wanted to say what a lovely job you did on both Clods. Just shows what can be done to bring the best out of a kit with some basic customising and great paintwork.

As for the clodzilla… amazing! Absolutely love it. 

• Like 2