Sayer

You are all bad influences!(Jugg / TXT custom build)

I just pulled the trigger on a used Jugg chassis, txt transmission and a pair of txt axles - with no ultimate plan beyond building a jugg I'll actually run with a level of power best described as "stupid"

• Like 2

Lol well I picked up some more bits:

HPI Tork brushless system out of a Vorza which has the added bonus of being waterproof, 6s capable and already having dean's plugs attached.

Still looking at steering lockouts, prop shafts, servo mounts and dampers (really trying for the 8 shock setup but unless someone has some jugg e parts I'll be creating those mounts myself)

We are most certainly not bad influences! Blasphemy! We merely plant seeds and sit back to watch the chaos and calamity unfold...lmao

• Like 1

I am a bad influence :) A friend visited me at work last week to tell me he was thinking about buying an mx5, and went away thinking a 6.0 monaro would be a better buy :D

• Like 3

Another step in the process:

http://shpws.me/JPx9

Didn't want to put one of the same 6 bodies everyone has on top. Got the mesh from an online mesh library, but had to remove a slew of unnecessary parts like wheels and wheelwells - also had to remove the double cab and "un-drop" the bed. There are mistakes both because I don't know what I am doing and because I was racing against the 90 day rhino trial time limit

Just got the "in progress" e-mail from Shapeways about this bad boy:

truckrender.jpg

As inspired by: http://monsterphoto.iwarp.com/hercules.htm

For heaven's sake that's one of my favorite Ford pick-up bodies from the 80's!

Here's Marilyn Chandler's (Bob's wife) Miss Bigfoot from 1985:

fhJ8oe3.jpg

Anyway, back to your Shapeways body, I've noticed their plastics are porous or have this funky grainy texture. How do you plan to make the body shiny?

Nice project!!

No idea honestly. Toykid posted tips for getting a smooth finish that included sealing it with brushed on paint then priming and sanding. The nylon doesn't sand well apparently, but we'll see.

Couldn't find steel punisher driveshafts the right length for a Jugg wheelbase with a 6mm hole so I drilled out the 5mm hole in a couple of driveshafts. I used a 5.95mm black oxide bit and managed to be less than 1mm off center on all the holes. Both ends are a snug fit on the shafts, but I guess the proof is when everything is bolted together. MadInventor's oil tip worked a treat.I was a bit surprised at how easily the bit cut into the steel.

drilled.jpg

Got around to mounting the motor. Thanks to MadInventor for the spacer and heatsink. There was a bit of pinion dust in the gearbox from the previous owner, but the new pinion is steel so there should be no issues there.

motor1.png

motor2.png

I may have to file a notch out of the side of the spacer so I can get that final screw in under under the motor.

motor3.png

I am a bad influence :) A friend visited me at work last week to tell me he was thinking about buying an mx5, and went away thinking a 6.0 monaro would be a better buy :D

That's because it is!!!

Body came in. Here it is mocked up on my Clod. Wheelbase is a titch short (measurements in Rhino said by 4mm) but I can make it work. Also the finish isn't as rough as I thought it would be. It could definitely benefit from a polishing but filler primer might work.

bodyshapeways1.jpg

bodyshapeways2.jpg

bodyshapeways3.jpg

bodyshapeways4.jpg

That body looks Saa-weeeet :D I look forward to seeing it detailed B)

Thanks, it looks better on the Jugg chassis, but that still needs to be stripped, cleaned painted and have the driveline replaced with the TXT parts.

Got the first coat of paint on the body. It's PS camel yellow despite the orange-y look. This coverage took an entire can. The plan is to lay down another can of the camel, then hit it with fine surface primer and finish with TS yellow. So far so good though.

shapewayspaint1.jpg

shapewayspaint2.jpg

shapewayspaint3.jpg

Did this tonight:

Way harder than it needed to be. Second hand axles had threadlock on the screws holding the two halves together so I ended up rounding out the housing that's supposed to hold the bolt in place. The solution was to thread the screw through from the other side and bolt it down on top. Servo, shock mounts and rear axle lock out to come later.

axles.png

Went on a bit of a build blitz:

chassisprimer.png

chassispaint.png

chassisbuilt.png

chassisbody.png

Was all set on grey for the body, but now I'm thinking french blue would look very nice. The amount of paint I've wasted on this thing due to being indecisive, yellow, then grey, now blue...

Concerned about the amount of paint, hoping it doesnt crack or react :( But it looks good otherwise!

I think with Erichs above pic of Ms Bigfoot, and backtomyroots recent juggernaut, mountaineer we all have French Blue on the brain :)