Mokei Kagaku

Some Tamiya 2016 RC-kit releases (Hi-res pics added January 26th)

56347 Mercedes-Benz Actros 3363 Gigaspace Full Operation Kit
56348 Mercedes-Benz Actros 3363 Gigaspace

58627 Mitsubishi Pajero Lowrider (CC-01)
58628 Racing Fighter (DT-03)
58629 Mercedes-Benz G320 Cabrio (MF-01X)
58630 Plasma Edge II (TT-02B)
58631 Subaru Impreza WRC Monte Carlo (TT-02)
84424 M-05 Ver.II R Chassis Kit
84427 TB EVO 6 Ver.II Chassis Kit
93042 Ferrari 458 Challenge (TT-02D)

And some future release RC-Parts:

47317 M-Chassis Blue Pit Springs
54674 5-Spoke Split Wheels (4 Pcs. 26mm+2)
54675 Plated Tire Cover and Side Mirrors
54679 CC-01 Metal Plated C-Parts
54688 Carbon Pattern Racing Wing Set 2
56538 Tractor Truck Reinforced Output Shaft Set
56539 Tractor Truck Matte Plated Gearbox

• Like 5

Im guessing the Actros 3363 is this shape? If so then I think I prefer the previous model. But I won't complain, another licenced truck is all good in my books :)

images%2013_zpse6t0rpgk.jpg

• Like 1

I can't find any pics of this 58630 Plasma Edge II (TT-02B) anywhere on the interwebs. :( Will if be more like the Neo Scorcher or Dual Ridge? The Plasma Edge was very boxy so maybe it wont be a reuse of the Dual Ridge body?

Pajero Lowrider will be the same idea as the old Isuzu Mu, I'm guessing? It would be cool to see those wheels/tires again.

And as much as I hope the G320 would be a hard body, I'm sure it will be lexan, with the same "paint the outside matte black" instructions as the MX-5. Still, good to see another option.

I'm intrigued by the Racing Fighter and Plasma Edge II. I wonder how they may look like - it's good to have some more bodyshell options on the DT-03 and TT-02B.

• Like 2

Phew - nothing there interests me; trouble is I'm looking elsewhere now - latest thought a RB One Pro kit lol!

I'm a bit excited by the Racing Fighter. If the body is as well designed as the Neo Frog/Neo Fighter body, it could be real nice.

As for the Plasma Edge II; I don't have a TT-02B, but have anyone checked if TT-02B bodies can be used on the DF-02 chassis and vice versa? If so, I reckon the Plasma Edge II is just the TT-02B chassis with the Gravel Hound/Plasma Edge body and new stickers.

What I really look forward to is the Mercedes G320 Cabrio. At first I was puzzled seeing it will come on the MF-01X chassis as I've always thought the G-Wagen is much larger than the Suzuki Jimny. Well, the SWB Cabrio has a wheelbase of just 2400mm (Jimny 2250mm) and the G-Wagen is only 1760mm (Jimny 1600mm) wide (surely somewhat depending on the spec.). The really big difference between the G-Wagen and Jimny, measurement-wise, is in the 300mm different height. So, my guess is that the Tamiya G320 will be on the LWB-version of the MF-01X and with longer wheelaxles/thicker hexhubs and/or wheels with more offset than those of the Jimny. And possibly the CC-01 BFG tires.

Has Tamiya released sequels to designs by simply changing the chassis in the past?

I love Plasma Edge ....and I have one on my shelves as a Mint Shelfie.....But to think Tamiya would just put the same body on another chassis is annoying....and lazy of Tamiya.

I am hoping the Racing Fighter is supposed to be a sequel to the Rising Fighter....using a hopped up DT03 chassis that could really be classed as DT03MS.

Plus I like the sound of a Monte Carlo Impreza.

That's my two pence worth lads :)

• Like 1

Bush Devil 2, Mud Blaster 2, Aqroshot, Holiday Buggy, Sand Rover, Wild Willy, Blitzer Beetle, Rock Socker.... all bodies used on different chassis', there's more and it happens all the time...

I was being more specific taffer.

What I meant was, has Tamiya released a sequel to a design that uses the same body just on a different chassis?

Holiday Buggy is a good one as it is classed as a sequel to Holiday Buggy original and uses the same body but is on the DT02. So yes I agree.

But Aqroshot isn't really a sequel to Vaira is it? Yes the body is the same, but it isn't classed as Vaira's sequel!

Rock Socker isn't a sequel to Stadium Blitzer is it? Yes the body is the same, but one is a Blitzer off roader and the other is a crawler...so not really a sequel.

Mud Blaster 2 and Bush Devil 2 I agree with yes. Both are sequels to their originals and use the same body as their originals but on different chassis.

Aqroshot was Levant first, then Super Levant, then Vajra....

You have just answered your own question?

Being more specific... there's still Wild Willy 2 (afaik is the same body) and sand rover etc...

Who's to say if they are sequels or not? Being more specific only models with sequels with a 2?

Tamiya re use bodies all the time.... you can view it as lazy, clever or both!

Maybe go and see if your plasma body would fit on your tt-02b? :-)

Bush Devil 2, Mud Blaster 2, Aqroshot, Holiday Buggy, Sand Rover, Wild Willy, Blitzer Beetle, Rock Socker.... all bodies used on different chassis', there's more and it happens all the time...

Exactly, and the Plasma Edge itself is nothing more than the Gravel Hound with different stickers, and in the case of the XB Plasma Edge, different colour on the wheels.

• Like 1

Yes but Vajra isn't the prequel to Aqroshot is it!?

Why not?

Empire strikes back is the sequel to star wars (its not called star wars 2!) (rubbish example lol)

I dont think it matters

What matters is someone might like the look of the plasma edge 2 better than other tt-02b models

If that means they buy a tt-02b at last then that can only be a good thing!

• Like 2

I knew Gravel hound used the same body as Plasma Edge by the way, and yes it was lazy of Tamiya, and yes I own both of them lol

I hope the Racing Fighter isn't just a tweaked Neo Fighting buggy. I hope the difference is more Grasshopper to Hornet....ie completely different and with hop ups.

• Like 1

I wonder if the Racing Fighter will have a hardshell like the Rising Fighter, Fighter Buggy RX, Super Fighter GR, etc? As seen from the Heavy Dump, Tamiya aren't afraid of tooling up for new hardshells on budget cars, and they seem to have at least one hardshell buggy per entry-level chassis...

• Like 1

Looks like Tamiya will continue to earn money from me in 2016. A lot of interesting cars in that list. I hope the CC-01 lowrider will come with the metaltop wide hard body

A little bit underwhelming this list, but I do like to see the return of the MVf01, or whatever the mini 4wd chassis is called as I have a body here that I was going to put on an M04 chassis of the correct length and NOW I can put it on an actual engineered 4wd chassis by Tamiya. The body is Kyosho, but let's not split hairs or hares for that matter. I know that I can just put the Merc or Jimny body up for sale as I won't be using it, if and when I buy the kit.

The Merc G320 does sound interesting. I just really really hope they will use the longer wheelbase and track options for the MF-01X chassis and make it as close to an accurate 1/10 scale as possible, rather than shrinking it to fit the Jimny chassis configuration. A G-Wagen would look great on my shelf beside my Jimny, Pajero and Evoque, but only if it is the right size.

• Like 1

I would put money on them just shrinking it to scale, mechanically it will be the same as the Jimny. It's got that small soft-roader look anyway (the 320) and it won't look peculiar to the majority.

Still waiting for the first low ride height Road car on the MF01 platform...