Subscribe for just just £1.25/mth!
I have to say this project was pure joy. From the beginning to the end. It all started when I won a NIB body set a few months back. I figured i would find a chassis eventually. Well about a week or so ago I won a Wild Willy lot with no bodys...Perfect !! I spent all last weekend taking 2 willy chassis and making 1 good one...I carefully cleaned all the parts and since I have a sand blaster in the garage I sand blasted all the metal parts to a shiny new finish. I sanded down the front bumper and painted it flat black. It took me over a week and a half to finish the body....Back in 1984 I bought a Tamiya catalog, and I always wanted to paint my original Wild Willy just like the picture on page 74, but at that time I had no skill with an airbrush, heck I didn't even own an airbrush back then. So other than adding a few decals (I love this decal sheet) I replicated the picture as best i could....In all the years of building and restoring this was the best project i have ever done....Sorry for the long read...and comments welcome...:)