Status: New built
Share this model:
5 years after the first project, my Street Scorcher is almost finished! During this period, it changed a lot: the first version was based on a TA03-S and it now is a M04-L. Also the first version had a Blitzer Beetle shell (including the nose cone), and since then the Sand Scorcher has been re-released so I used its body shell. I kept the Blitzer glass because I liked it tinted and it has a rear window.
A few mods on the chassis like widened rear with TL-01 parts and lowered ride height. The shell had the front and rear fenders reshaped, as well as the rear part and sidesteps, and I tried to fill the shapes on the hood, but I can't seem to have a clean and smooth finish with Tamiya putty...I added Abarth side mirrors and the cool flat four engine in the back: it's a repro of the 1:9 Kubelwagen with custom carbs done by the great Maki! I added the blue bit and the yellow wires (sorry but I don't know anything about engines and based my work on reference pictures). I also made the Dinomax exhaust with a bit of styrene and an old lighter.
Lastly, a huge thank you to Tibure for making the rear and front bumpers for me; I would never have the skills to make these but the car really needed them, so again, a massive thanks to him!
To really call it a day, I should make an interior, so this will probably be done in a few years considering my great speed on this project.