Share this model:
Here is my restored Ranger. I realized my Sand scorcher restoration left overs were actually Ford Ranger bits, namely the wheels which were the correct deep dish ones and some body mounts. So I decided to convert it to a Ranger and sit my mk1 scorcher shell on a nice re release i got recently, which has a lovely chrome stinger and alloy wheels.
My first mistake was having no patience and buying the first ranger shell that came up. I paid far too much for a pretty rough shell. It had a broken off front corner. broken rear lights, sanded rear arch corners extra holes and a rough grille but worst of all the mounting tabs for the rear body were broken off. I did not know this was such an issue until I put the body on and obviously it wobbled all over. I came up with a good solution of cutting slots in the bed and cutting new mounts from plastic which fitted into the slots.I finally cut the triangle fillets to make them look something like they should. They aren't perfect but a good rescue job. I made rear lights and continued stripping/ fibre glassing and preping for several weeks until finally it was ready to paint. I finished it in Ford Azure blue metallic. After which I stuck the side decals and finally lacquered over the top.
The grille was re chromed and detailed and there you go. I have decided not to add all the stickers.
tell us what you think,