Share this model:
When this Scorcher arrived it was more or less complete,and it had a good original shell that had been painted black,so i decided to strip the paint and start afresh. This was to prove more difficult then i thought as there was so much paint on it,that i started to loose some of the details such as gutter rails during the process. I found an almost mint original shell with most of its original parts and started with that one instead. The radio box was broken around one of the cam locks and where the rear chassis screw is,so i found an original replacement. Apart from that and a NOS rear bumper/frame,all the other parts were dismantled,cleaned and reassembled. The body is in the process of being painted as can be seen in the pictures. I am leaving a week between coats of paint to allow it to harden. I have also found a pair of original mirrors as mine were missing. This one should be done soon.As it arrived Lots of thick black paint The paint ruined the shell in the end Not too bad under the shell Getting there The middle shell is the original.