Share this model:
Years ago I did my first Lunchbox from parts using a re-release body shell. I re-did it later with vintage decals on the same re-re body, since it's extremely hard to find a new vintage Lunchbox body. There were two problems: 1) it was not all vintage; and 2) the color yellow was too bright. I decided I hated it because of the color and sold it. Since then I'd searched high and low and finally came across an original body set for a decent price because it came in a Midnight Pumpkin box rather than the correct box... but it was all there.
I hadn't gotten to it for years but finally decided to tackle it. This time I chose Tamiya Camel Yellow, which is a darker and richer shade of yellow. I wasn't sure if it would be too dark or too orange in hue but I took a chance on it. Turns out it is exactly perfect for what I was looking for. I laid down 2-3 coats of light grey primer then the whole can of Camel Yellow (2-3 coats) and am really happy with the result. I did up the detail painting and assembly of the body and today I did the decals. It came out really great IMO and I just need to resurrect the all-original chassis I have to finish the job. You can see in the last pic the previous one and it's too-bright shade of yellow.