Share this model:
Inspired by a TV show I watched when I was younger I thought I would have a go at making a kenworth K100 from a Globe liner body.
I started by collecting alot of pics from the web and making a timber mold for vac forming. This was the best way to form all the curves and profiles of the roof. The pics are of the 1st mold, I have since made a second mold which is a much better fit and alot easer to install. The bumper and radiator were made from alloy on my milling machine with plastic sheet made to blank out the original radiator grill shape.
I cut the sun visor into the roof to make it sit flush 1.5mm wire for the step rails to give it the K100 look
The chassis is an Aeromax cut shorter as non of the Tamiya chassis were the right lenght for the look I wanted.
You see it in its unpainted stage Still some work to do on this to complete it.