Share this model:
After standing around bored looking at some of the body shell's in my workshop wondering what i could do to/with them
it HIT me.
Ah! i wonder what i could do to a Kamtec LWB Landrover shell (Don't you just hate that light bulb over your head LOL).
I know i'll have a go at a basic Bowler racer shell,So i got hold of Keith and had a great chat with him and so it began.
First off i lost an inch out of the middle and about 1/2in after the rear wheel arch(fender) and joined it all back
together with styrene.
Next i found a few different Bowlers off Google and set about doing a basic shape.
Got rid of the middle bar on the screen and cut the wheel arches(fenders) in half.
Next was the sides hmmmm with the shape of a Bowler this was a fun build as the sides tapered up aswell as back! Oh joy LOL.
Now i added the roof and made sure it was well set before i started to do the rear dropropdown section of the roof,Once all
this was done and roughly sanded it was filler time,Used about 1/2 a tube of Squadron green on it then after a good sand
with wet`n dry the whole thing was primed packed then shipped off to Keith at KAMTEC.
He liked the idea but decided to use mine as a visual aid which i could'nt wait to see what he came up with!
After some time he contacted me with some pictures which i saved then opened then almost fell off my chair with what
he'd done!! (Oh my god this man can design and then some) So he sent me out the first shell to cut and play with to
see IF anything needed to be altered!
So i set about making look as close as i could to a real one by cutting the holes in the front bumper and the rear
crossmember,Cut out the headlights as i had some lexan things just hanging round which fitted just right.
What to do about side lights and indicators hmmm then i remembered i hade some Wedico roof lights and again
what a perfect fit.
The six rear round lights are made from styrene tube LOL and the main rear lights are a red holographic decal.
Rear mud flaps are an extra i added by joining styrene sheet to give me the right offset to add the rubber flaps.
So this was the Proto type all done and some pic's sent to keith where he took on some of my detailing and added
them to the next shell.
All i can add now is that this shell to me is PERFECTION! The workmanship Keith's put into this is unreal.
There will also be a LEXAN version in the very near future so be patient.
This just leaves me to say a VERY VERY big Thankyou to Keith for all the hard work he's put into this FANTASTIC
This Shell is now a one of a kind as the mould was modded for his latest version.