Hi everyone, my restored/project wildone is complete. This buggy came together with the super hornet deal months ago. It was sold to me from a good friend of mine back here in Malaysia. It was actually his childhood rc car. He didn't have the time to restore it back so i got the chance to do it. thanks 'mastermind'. The buggy is very complete when it came, still have the box,manual,blister pack sleeve and lots of spares.. However the gearbox is shot and tires have cracked due to old age. The buggy had a few owners during its 20+year old life. 1st year it was a 'masterminds' runner, after a year, it was sold to a friend and kept in an attic for 17 years, 4 years ago, it was sold to another friend. Last year, it went back to mastermind again. Finally, it was sold to me together with his super hornet. Whew!!
Anyways, here are some details on the project. I was very inspired with the current real life sand rail desert buggy. The biggest feature is i have added front/side tubular frames. Just to enhance its appearance giving it a more exposed type frame construction detail. The 4 wheels are from Tamiya 2 pc type. Mounting the rear wheels is easy with Tamiyas frog 2005 aluminum wheel adapter. The front wheels needed some modifications to fit on the standard upright. It worked fine.. The front tires are from honda crv, rears from pajero rere.
All 4 shocks are from the hornet with custom made 'dummy' piggy back oil reservoir, much like the 1/1 scale buggy type. Other custom parts are front/rear lights and license plate. To complete the restore, it now has a new gearbox and arms. Its in running condition..:-)
Overall the project took around 3 months which includes fabrication, parts sourcing and color scheme choice. I hope you guys will like it. Thanks for viewing.
If you liked those pictures, you should see these...
My christmas present!