Status: New built
Share this model:
Hi TC friends. This has been an on/off build for at least 12 months, basically doing the build in between other builds, making parts, doing work, etc., etc… The basis was a standard TT-01 RX7 Drift Spec chassis which, after buying a lot of hop-ups for evaluation(which I daren’t total up for a TT01 build!), I ended up putting them on this chassis. They are….
Yeah Racing Front Upper Arm Set
Yeah Racing Front Lower Arm Set
Yeah Racing Rear Upper Arm Set
Yeah Racing Rear Lower Arm Set
Yeah Racing Front Knuckle Arms
Yeah Racing Rear Knuckle Arms
Yeah Racing Front & Rear Box Stiffiners
Yeah Racing Front & Rear Upper Suspension Mounts
Yeah Racing Dog Bone Set
Yeah Racing Propshaft
Yeah Racing Drive Shaft Set
Yeah Racing Propeller Joint Set
Yeah Racing 50mm Damper Set
3 Racing imitation Brake Discs
Ansmann Drift Wheel Set
Tamiya Aluminium Bumper Plate
Tamiya Bearing Steering Set
Tamiya Super Stock Motor RZ
Replica Touring Car Cockpit Set
3 sets of Red LED lights
3 sets of White LED lights
Body Accessory set (Wing mirrors, Tail pipe, Wiper Blade)
….. and breathe……!!
The decals and body accessories I purchased from Ebay seller ‘Revolutionshop’ who gave a quick reliable service. They were an absolute pain to fit with many contours and overlaps but came out OK. I usually love the painting, detailing and stickering but this was a chore at times it felt, hence I kept putting down and leaving for a while. The replica cockpit set came from Ebay seller ‘Tamkyo’ who again offered a first class service and came extremely well packed, great value for money. I used hook & loop (Velcro) to fit the cockpit to the body then ran the LED set under this. The helmet design was another one of my concoctions taking a design and using inkjet decal paper to apply to the suface. All sealed in with a few coats of lacquer.
The battery strap was a one off I did for feasibility but sadly not to be cost effective to have individual ones run off as was the spoiler. In taking so long to develop stuff there are plenty of aluminium spoilers out now. I may keep swapping and changing the running gear hence I haven’t soldered any of it together though I have changed to my usual ‘Deans’ connectors of choice.
There have been a few gripes I had with the Yeah Racing Hop-ups. The drive shaft cups lasted approximately 5 mins before bending, OK the road wasn’t silky smooth but it appears they are made of something slightly more robust than Chocolate! Those of you eagle-eyed enough may have spotted these on the racking in the back.... They are shelved, the standard Tamiya ones are much better in my opinion! The propshaft literally twisted itself apart, even with a moderately mild 23T motor. And lastly, and most annoyingly the front left lower arm set keeps popping out from the knuckles. The plastic olive/bearing it comes with just isn’t up to the job and simply pops off with anything more higher than paper under it’s wheels! A large washer underneath solved this but nonetheless after searching for 15 minutes for a wayward dogbone.
As always thanks for looking, happy TC’ing and more parts will be available soon …..
If you liked those pictures, you should see these...
Garage now open....